The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This is ridiculous.. pouring salt over wound and wasting time.. its been 2years and still ppl do it.

Hiding after exitgates are open and not leaving for 20 mins .. im done..if i find any one who wont leave after exits gates are open after a min ill disconnect.. if you want to Ban me BHVR then so be it and ill never comeback.. i get about 2 hours a day to play .. and waiting for ppl to leave after game is done is ridiculous you need to address this ASAP

Comments

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited September 2018
    I’ll never understand why survivors do that, honestly.

One thing that I’ve always wondered is how they’re not bored staying behind after the exit gates are open just to taunt the killer for 5 minutes or more.

@The_Fallen_Utopia I don’t think they should add a time limit but they should make it to where the survivors auras are shown to the killer indefinitely if they don’t leave precisely one minute after the exit gate is open, the aura reading wouldn’t be applied if the killer is in chase mode, someone’s on the hook, or if they’re within a certain distance from the gates. 

That’s an idea I have had for quite awhile now but I’m not sure if that’s even balanced because theres so many different scenarios to be played out.
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Lowbei said:
    this is a pretty rare thing, i dont see it that often, but i completely agree with @Tsulan that after a certain period of time after the gates open, crows and afk explosions should start on all players
    @Lowbei You beat me to it, you sly dog. smh.
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    @PinkEricka I know. The Aura thing would probably be the better way to do. I was just stating what I heard on the dev stream. How would the time limit even work? Do all survivors just get sacrificed if they don't escape on time? Because certain perks and Freddy can make opening the gates and escaping take much longer and that may get a little unfair. 
  • Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194

tats even annoying i would prefer exit gate should get locked out and they will have open it again and their auras become visible and they get 1 shot and moried.. a lot to ask but anything to keep them from wasitn my time or let me DC and let them loose all points and adddons after like 2 mins of exit gates open

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Identity V has an option for the killer to surrender and end the match. What if that was added to DBD? So the killer could just end the match after the gates are open instead of waiting for survivors 
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    @PinkEricka I know. The Aura thing would probably be the better way to do. I was just stating what I heard on the dev stream. How would the time limit even work? Do all survivors just get sacrificed if they don't escape on time? Because certain perks and Freddy can make opening the gates and escaping take much longer and that may get a little unfair. 

Here's how I imagine it: 10 minute timer, each completed generator adds 2 minutes to the clock (20 minutes total). When the timer ends, the game just ends and players get whatever points they have gotten to that point. Survivors alive when the timer ends do not get points for escaping. Survivors on a hook when the timer ends do not get sacrificed. When 2 minutes are left, the killer gains the ability to mori survivors that have been previously hooked so they can still kill without having to worry about hooking them and hope they are sacrificed before the timer ends.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    edited September 2018
    @CoolAKn That could work. But it might cause issues with the 3 Gen Strategy some killers make builds for. 
  • CoolAKn

@The_Fallen_Utopia It keeps the goals the same (survivors repair generators while killers try to prevent that). If needed, the completed generators would only add 1 minute to the time (15 minutes max). This would also discourage camping (idleness) since it would hurt killers with a time limit. There could even be an added mechanic where each survivor hooked for the first time reduces the time by 30 seconds (2 minutes shorter). I will have to do some research to readjust certain perks, offerings, and add-ons that would be affected by a time limit and suggest appropriate fixes for them.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    @CoolAKn The idea may cause more gen rushing though. Survivors will want those escape points. I feel like a shorter time limit to the match after exit gates are powered or opened might be a better choice just to avoid that. 
  • McCree
    McCree Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2018

@Skemooo said:
    Hiding after exitgates are open and not leaving for 20 mins .. im done..if i find any one who wont leave after exits gates are open after a min ill disconnect.. if you want to Ban me BHVR then so be it and ill never comeback.. i get about 2 hours a day to play .. and waiting for ppl to leave after game is done is ridiculous you need to address this ASAP

Tbh I feel like if you don't have Whispers on it should become available after a while after the gates were opened instead of anything other.
    Also for when just the hatch is open but they don't wanna go to it even when u're on the opposite side of the map or smth. Like they're just hiding.

• CoolAKn

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    @CoolAKn The idea may cause more gen rushing though. Survivors will want those escape points. I feel like a shorter time limit to the match after exit gates are powered or opened might be a better choice just to avoid that. 

Eh, 'tis but a concept.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Skemooo said:

Start a workout or do sth else IRL, watch a series or sth and then when the game is over, pay back to the next survivor group :wink:

The endgame in DBD has been broken for ages ages now and the devs dont seem to attempt fixing it

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    I had a suggestion a while back:

When a Killer takes the game hostage the Killer loses collision and the survivor gets a haste (7%) and endurance effect.

When a Survivor takes the game hostage his aura is permanently revealed and gets exposed effect, Killer gets haste and can one shot him.
  • Skemooo

@McCree said:
    Tbh I feel like if you don't have Whispers on it should become available after a while after the gates were opened instead of anything other.
    Also for when just the hatch is open but they don't wanna go to it even when u're on the opposite side of the map or smth. Like they're just hiding.

i dont like that perk at highranks.. i like ot play with different perks.. im right now using BBQ, Makeyourchoice, Ruin and Hexhaunted ground.. these have a good synergy with spirit.. if they break hex totem and i get 1 shot hit .. if i down someone early.. i ll leave them on ground till hex is broken so i can use BBQ to find others and keep the snowball.. if they get ruin instead then it will drag the match and i might endup securing all 8 hooks or 2 sacrifices.. its mostly at this time the remaining two would just not leave..

probably fighting over who gets the hatch.. i dont want ot alt tab away and watch youtube as i said i only get a limited free time .. its really not rewarding to be in rank 1-5 in anyway.. otehr than bragging rights.. would rather stick at rank 10 and enjoy my time.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Let the entity come and say hi to survivors and take them 5 minutes after the gates are open

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

They currently have a team working on the end-game scenarios that are a bit awkward including that which you are describing now - so they are aware of it.

• Skemooo

@FrenziedRoach said:
    They currently have a team working on the end-game scenarios that are a bit awkward including that which you are describing now - so they are aware of it.

they have been working on it for 2 years.. they dont want to put pressure on survivors at any cost.. killer has to be masochist every game..

• serabeth90
    serabeth90 Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2018

@Skemooo said:

I agree they need to change something about this....but on the other hand, it would make NOED even more powerful to do some of the things that people are suggesting, like a time limit or revealing the aura of players who stay in the game. It can sometimes take a min or longer to find the totem, destroy it, and then get back to the exit or rescue someone off the hook or whatever, and they typically try to encourage people to go back for the save if someone is hooked when exit gates are open. They'd also end up having to re-work perks like bloodwarden.

Also, assuming you play Pig from your avatar, if anyone still has a bear trap on at the end of the game, sometimes the other survivors might stay to make sure they can get out safely, either by removing their trap or via the hatch. It's not always toxic play to stay in beyond 1 min is what I'm saying.

But I do agree something needs to be done....I'm just not sure what. Or if they'll ever do it.

• Skemooo

how about i simplify it then.. if either one of the exit gates are open that should start a timer say 1-2 mins who ever is free to go should leave.. if you wanted to stay and help do as your peril.. coz afer 2 mins timer gates will close again and anyone who dint leave gets pushed back into map..

Thats what i mean when i said devs dont want to put any pressure on survivors at all.. where as killers have to outsmart 4 ppl on comms or atleast 2 ppl on comms most of time.. and top it off they do this ######### at the end of game.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    They need to permenently reveal the auras of survivors who do not exit through the gates within 2 minutes of one opening.  
  • Rune
    Rune Member Posts: 17

but then come to find out the survivors 99 the gates and just hold it hostage after that because they know the anti-hostage measured wont take place while the gates are still closed.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@Skemooo said:

Thats why we use Whispers :)

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    I believe they said they are adding a time limit to the end game or something like that. This won't happen forever. Unless they change their mind like they did with the Hatch closing 

Yes, the devs mentioned an endgame change in the last Q&A regarding game hostage. Survivors keep staying in the map because they won and so the killer lost to them and they don't have to feel consequences. It's just stupid tho. I hope the change will come Soon™.

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163
    edited September 2018

After a time limit they could just reset all gens AND close the doors or at least close the exit like if you have blood warden :pirate:
    The time limit should start when 1 exit gate is open for like 30sec or so.

@PinkEricka said:

One thing that I’ve always wondered is how they’re not bored staying behind after the exit gates are open just to taunt the killer for 5 minutes or more.

@The_Fallen_Utopia I don’t think they should add a time limit but they should make it to where the survivors auras are shown to the killer indefinitely if they don’t leave precisely one minute after the exit gate is open, the aura reading wouldn’t be applied if the killer is in chase mode, someone’s on the hook, or if they’re within a certain distance from the gates. 

That’s an idea I have had for quite awhile now but I’m not sure if that’s even balanced because theres so many different scenarios to be played out.

What if just 1 exit gate is open, you are wounded and on the other side of the map. Not sure if it's possible within 1 minute. I think it should be somewhere between 2-5 minutes.

• Skemooo

or even better let killers push a button inbasemet and let the entity grab killer from ground drag them in.. if any survivors are still in map they loose their items and half of their blood points.. this seems fair enough..

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Yes. I love the immersion of this game and the balance....but I still remember that this is a game..and there are certain licenses we need to abide by to make it viable (as a game).

No human survivor would farm bp and dailies after the gates are open (irl) so the scenario you offer is not only viable, but holds true to lore and yet still holds up within the confines of a game.

Please add this!