Strategies in DBD

Link
Link Member Posts: 135
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

Before i start i want to say that this of course is my opinion and im not presenting these as facts. I am open to criticism but dont start using insults since they dont contribute anything.

These are my opinions about certain controversial actions/items/perks that killers/survivors take in order to win.

And just in case you aren't satisfied with that this opinion is coming from a rank 1 survivor/killer main who has 2000+ hrs..

Camping - Camping sucks for the killer and hooked survivor, cause its basically a gg for the survivor and boring for the killer. But it does have a huge counter to it, use the survivor as extra time to do gens. I understand that you wont know at first if the hooked survivor is being camped and it is a mean thing to do, but sometimes leaving the survivor for dead is often the best way to survive. As for the hooked survivor himself try to think of how you can not get caught by the killer next time, thats all you can really do against a camper and i've taken that fact myself, granted you wont always get away but then again you wont always get camped, it's not like everyone is a camper.

Decisive Strike - This perk can make any killer want to throw their keyboard across the room, Theres no real counter against it other then 5 that i know. Run enduring which will greatly reduce the stun time, dribble a survivor to a hook if it's close enough, leave them on the ground to waste survivors time while you chase someone else (i like to think of this as a longer version of the hook as survivors still have to go rescue the downed survivor), run perks that make it harder to land the skillcheck or play doctor and finally just try to disorient the survivor by shaking your screen or hitting a wall. Other then that just eat it, we really gotta stop complaining about this perk anyway since it's getting a nerf.

Looping - Looping is fine, it's just like camping/tunneling, people do it to have better chances of winning. I hate it myself though still which is why im a huntress main, despite that though devs have already made some huge changes to looping recently and they probably might still nerf looping a bit more in the future, i myself though believe its ok and i say that cause there are some bullshit moments with looping as a survivor and killer but thats what makes it ok. The 3 ways i counter looping is mindgames, leave the survivor or just end the loop as quickly as possible. I myself try to mostly end it quickly but put them in a spot that makes it harder for them to get to another loop, for example cornering them against the opposite side or backing up towards further away loops to close in on them.

Tunneling - Of course the killer is gonna aim for you, you're the more vulnerable one and are closer to death, the way i counter this is to run iron will and urban evasion and hide before he comes back or leave the area if he has enough time.

Hex: Ruin - This perk is extremely overestimated by survivors, unless you are lucky you are gonna waste more time finding the hex then just working through the perk. Good survivors will land great skill checks i find myself landing great skill checks more then i do normally just because my brain recognizes that its hex ruin If anything this perk needs a buff because if a survivor can land all great skill checks which very good survivors can do, the only positive to this perk is that it doesnt grant bonus progression upon great skillchecks which is an extra 4%. I still run it myself though because i need all the time i can get. I've considered switching over to remember me. Also tapping gens with ruin is not an exploit, stop yelling at survivors for doing it. If anything it's a worse version of working through ruin for survivors who cant land skillchecks.

Hex: No One Escapes Death - Counter to this? Stop staying behind when exit gates are open, or play a lot more stealthy and be patient with opening gates. I myself assume every killer has hex noed, bbq & chili and nurses calling until proven otherwise.

Bodyblocking - Why do i see people complain about this? Unless it's holding the game hostage there is no reason to argue over this. Both survivors and killers can bodyblock for their own reasons, it's fair.

Slugging - The longer bleedout timer compared to hooking exists for a reason. Wait for downed survivors to separate and then start healing.

Self-Care - i'm not sure about this perk, it's sitting between balanced to needs a small nerf for me. The proposed increased healing time in the recent livestream might be the small nerf that it needs.

Exhaustion Perks - To be honest i really havent felt like any of the perks got nerfed cause of the exhaustion change. Especially with sprint burst, i feel like it's even better now cause it can be technically triggered.

BBQ & Chili - Same thing as for self-care, it's sitting between balanced and needs a small nerf. I feel like a cool new mechanic would be that hiding in a locker would shield you from it but then again that might be too powerful cause all survivors including me will just run to a locker before someone got hooked, but also then again that would add time for the killer since none of them are doing gens, i dunno.

Franklin's Demise - It's just an item, stop crying.

Insidious - Refer to camping. (I have seen some nice plays done by a trapper with traps before though)

Flashlights - As a Huntress main i bait out a flashlight to use a hatchet, other then that listen for the survivors footsteps and follow that.

Game as a whole - Gens are still being done too fast and killers are still being bullied, It's ok to give survivors some buffs here and there, i know a certain 2 perks with the new survivor that need fixing fast. But other then that killers need some attention right now.

Again feel free to leave your opinion as well but dont resort to insults, they arent going to do anything.