Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Player Level Update Error

CotJocky
CotJocky Member Posts: 221

Getting this error about 1 out of 12 games. Killer and survivor. No particular map or killer. Guessing this is a back end issue?

9 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• CotJocky

Happened again. Was on the Distrubed Ward. My duo partner's game crashed mid game and he got a DC Penalty. I got the player level update error and got robbed of my points again. Two games in a row!.

• CotJocky

I get this like once every 40-50 games. I get robbed of my points which is infuriating.

• CotJocky

I still have this issue from time to time. A lot less frequent, but still happens. 1-2 times per 100 games maybe?

• HybridLPangel26
    HybridLPangel26 Member Posts: 119

I will have to agree as i too have gotten this through my ps4 quite a few times during my gameplay very frustrating

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

This error is really starting to get on my nerves, the amount of Tome challenges I haven't progressed on due to this bug is the reason why I will not buy the battle pass, wasting time on Tome challenges when it wont save progress at the end of the game, pointless.

• LilCupcakeXD
    LilCupcakeXD Member Posts: 7

So, it's just going to be an ongoing issue and no way to get any of it back? I got almost 30000 points in the match I had that this happened...so it's all just lost then?? 😐️

• CotJocky

Still happens to me to this day. Maybe once every 25-50 games. But it still happens.

• Maldor
    Maldor Member Posts: 5

For anyone unsure, one of the most common reasons for this error is that you've left your game un-closed and something has changed on the server side (usually you've been allocated daily bloodpoints for an event or something). If you complete a match and haven't closed the game since that update, the server will see the game as out of sync and not award the points.

It's a rather odd developer decision to expect the client to keep track of the level and bloodpoints rather than the server being the source of all truth. And for the re-sync to only happen when opening the client, not when reconnecting after being idle.

... anyway, not leaving your game running in the background while your console is in sleep mode should solve this for PS users.