Reverse Beartraps Need To Be Unlimited Use

Now I know what you’re going to say, but just hear me out. With only one available to be placed at a time, only one survivor could have a trap on them at one time. 

It’s annoying that pig is the only killer that can’t resupply her equipment, and that really does need to change to make her more fun to play. This is fair since there’s a 1/4 chance that the survivor would get the trap off at the first box. 

Sound fair survivor mains? 

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Now I know what you’re going to say, but just hear me out. With only one available to be placed at a time, only one survivor could have a trap on them at one time. 

It’s annoying that pig is the only killer that can’t resupply her equipment, and that really does need to change to make her more fun to play. This is fair since there’s a 1/4 chance that the survivor would get the trap off at the first box. 

Make it so it's 100% guaranteed not to get it off first time. But unlimited beartraps would make the games last forever.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Right. *Sigh* forgot about that. 
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    No. And that would absolutely not be a straight buff. It would be terrible for the Pig and survivors.
  • DarkWo1f997
    Milo said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Make it so it's 100% guaranteed not to get it off first time. But unlimited beartraps would make the games last forever.

Not necessarily true. You are forgetting that hatch escapes ignore the bear trap. The last one alive just needs to get hatch. 
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

maybe she should be able to pick them up from the bix where the survivors got rid of it?

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135

I feel like a good way to buff pig would be if that theres already a trap triggered then if any more gens are done the timer will go down an extra 5 seconds or go down slightly faster. Which will really go well with her whole "make your choice" style of gameplay

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

That could make endgame a huge clusterfuck.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    She doesn't need unlimited RBTs, survivors just shouldn't be allowed to take traps off when they aren't even activated and should not be able to find the key in the first box.
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

My second proposed buff idea is to have the RNG favor 2-3 boxes more often. Or 3-4 boxes preferred. As it stands, it's nice tool for not being forced to tunnel, but it's also risky to think of it as a "fire and forget" ability. Currently, the +1 trap addon isn't that strong, and neither is the +1 box/+30s timer addon.

I greatly enjoy stacking the box addons for 6 boxes. I've had survivors have to search all 6 a couple times, and that's awesome, but pitifully rare.

I don't like tunneling, and Pig is virtually designed not to do it, but right now she can feel forced to at times and her Ambush is mostly only good for camping anyway. RIP

• scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

They definitely do need a change, but I'm not sure this is the right one. I mean, this is a thing that can kill Survivors, but was intentionally designed not to kill them except under the worst circumstances, making them almost completely safe for Survivors.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

It would be cool if the pig could refill her RBTs at the puzzle-boxes, just like how the huntress does with lockers.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Keep the amount and half the time survivors have to disarm.
    Problem solved.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Only thing I would say is one more bear trap at base. So instead of 4, you have 5. Maybe 10 seconds less on the timer. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

Problem solved.

The problem is large maps, sometimes all the boxes are on one side of the map so amanda just camps one side. Anyone comes close with a box chase them off, rinse and repeat.

That's the same issue as camping. Solution is to do gens. 

Yeah do gens and blow your bear trap up, that works really well.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611

I would say change it to where you can’t get it off first try and your timer starts without needing a generator done and it would be fair, the whole trap itself depends on a gen being popped after it’s set for the timer to start so essentially the survivors can control whether the trap starts or not and could just wait until the trap is off and have the gens at 99
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    you can place more than one trap at a time already? the timer goes pretty fast as well 
  • Tsulan

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

Problem solved.

The problem is large maps, sometimes all the boxes are on one side of the map so amanda just camps one side. Anyone comes close with a box chase them off, rinse and repeat.

Or just run in circles while the others do gens. Counter doesn´t work during this time.

Be honest, have you EVER felt pressured while having the bear trap on your head?
    I never.

• powerbats

@Tsulan said:

Or just run in circles while the others do gens. Counter doesn´t work during this time.

Be honest, have you EVER felt pressured while having the bear trap on your head?
    I never.

The counter has always ticked down once a gen pops with a trap on your head so yes the counter does work during that time. I've always felt pressure since at rank 1 the Amanda's aren't stupid and always keep the pressure on and they also wait until 1 gen is done before putting a trap on.

I also have horrible RNG when I have a trap since boxes are always far apart and it's almost always the 3rd through the 5th box that unlocks my trap. Most of the time however i'm dead before i get he trap off or the Amanda tunnels me until she downs me or it blows up.

But when I'm Amanda boxes spawn right next to gens usually and most of the time it's 1st box 1st attempt they take them off.

I would like to see keys you bring in be able to unlock the jigsaw box but it takes half the key's durability to do so. If you have a toolbox you get a chance to break into the jigsaw box for the key but it also takes 1/2 of the tool boxes durability.

Those would both spice some things up for survivors and Amanda because people would think twice before using those items when they know it's her.

You could even change Slippery Meat to work on Jigsaw boxes as well and perhaps more people would take that to break up the emta somewhat. Although that's situational similar to Calm Spirit.

• Tsulan

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

I never.

The counter has always ticked down once a gen pops with a trap on your head so yes the counter does work during that time. I've always felt pressure since at rank 1 the Amanda's aren't stupid and always keep the pressure on and they also wait until 1 gen is done before putting a trap on.

I also have horrible RNG when I have a trap since boxes are always far apart and it's almost always the 3rd through the 5th box that unlocks my trap. Most of the time however i'm dead before i get he trap off or the Amanda tunnels me until she downs me or it blows up.

But when I'm Amanda boxes spawn right next to gens usually and most of the time it's 1st box 1st attempt they take them off.

I would like to see keys you bring in be able to unlock the jigsaw box but it takes half the key's durability to do so. If you have a toolbox you get a chance to break into the jigsaw box for the key but it also takes 1/2 of the tool boxes durability.

Those would both spice some things up for survivors and Amanda because people would think twice before using those items when they know it's her.

You could even change Slippery Meat to work on Jigsaw boxes as well and perhaps more people would take that to break up the emta somewhat. Although that's situational similar to Calm Spirit.

The counter stops during a chase, when you are downed or on the hook.
    There is no real pressure, since the clock only starts when a gen pops. Survivors can 99% all gens and then pop them in short succesion, IF the killer camps the boxes.

Her power feels just like a mild annoyance. That´s probably the reason why she got 2 powers.

• powerbats

@Tsulan said:

There is no real pressure, since the clock only starts when a gen pops. Survivors can 99% all gens and then pop them in short succesion, IF the killer camps the boxes.

Her power feels just like a mild annoyance. That´s probably the reason why she got 2 powers.

The counter does indeed stop during a chase but she just backs off and then lets the timer continue to countdown. Then when you get too close to a box rinse and repeat or hook you to go toy with someone else.

So yes there's real pressure especially if she waits until the 1st or 2nd gen is done and how often do survivors 99 all the gens and expect the killer isn't going to come damage them?

So they pop all the gens and the people with boxes on their heads just got screwed over because hey the gens all popped and there go their timers.

Have you ever faced a really good Amanda at rank 1 then if you aren't aware of that happening?

• Tsulan
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

The counter does indeed stop during a chase but she just backs off and then lets the timer continue to countdown. Then when you get too close to a box rinse and repeat or hook you to go toy with someone else.

So yes there's real pressure especially if she waits until the 1st or 2nd gen is done and how often do survivors 99 all the gens and expect the killer isn't going to come damage them?

So they pop all the gens and the people with boxes on their heads just got screwed over because hey the gens all popped and there go their timers.

Have you ever faced a really good Amanda at rank 1 then if you aren't aware of that happening?

No, I usually face only viable killers on that rank.
  • DarkWo1f997
    *confused oinking*
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@DarkWo1f997 said:

I have suggested having new RBTs spawn once the existing ones have been destroyed (either taken off or used to kill survivors). They would spawn randomly like the Trapper's traps (and would also be buffed under Hangman's Trick), and survivors that die wearing an RBT, but was not killed by it, the Pig would be able to take the trap and reuse it on someone else.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

Problem solved.

I never.

I have a few times because I work on generators as my timers ticks away but even then, I didn't die.
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    She can refill her traps at a jigsaw box all she needs to do is open it a little and pull some out. Rework her add ons and sort surveillance out. She's far too weak and stealth killers are a joke, the only way to win convincingly as killer is brute force and making survivors play themselves.
  • Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Maybe have it where she has thw same amount of traps, but she can pick up disarmed traps at the box it dropped at.  

Also, refund the trap if a survivor is sacrificed with it on.
  • powerbats

@Spiritbx said:
    Maybe have it where she has thw same amount of traps, but she can pick up disarmed traps at the box it dropped at.  

Also, refund the trap if a survivor is sacrificed with it on.

One tweak is a sacrificed trap can't be reused but a lock picked one can with a catch. It can't be used until all her normal ones have been used 1st.

It also has a higher chance of being lock picked out of a 2nd time since the lock isn't as strong as before, say a 510% chance of getting it out of a jigsaw box compared to the normal rng.