Make Custom Game Really A "Custom Game".

Merky
Merky Member Posts: 50
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Custom Game doesn't really feel "Custom" to me. Like what you get to have spectators, less than 4 survivors, change what type of map it is and those are good things about custom game however I feel as though custom game can be changed to be a bit more "Custom". The fact that for Perks, Items/Addons, and Offerings can only be enabled and disabled really limits how customizable Custom Game is. And again you can only enable or disable DLC killers. Well, I think the easiest thing to improve customization would be allow the player to enable/disable the exact perk, item/addon, offering, and killer.

That first proposal I feel would make custom game a lot better but another thing you could enable maps to be randomly selected instead of just choosing the exact map you want. Y'know like let it choose from a small portion of maps.

Also, let the lonely people play solo. I get that not having a killer/survivor will probably break the game but it'd be a nice feature to add.

And yeah I know that Custom Game is hardly BHVR's top priority right now and I doubt it will be in the near future considering the fact that 4.5.0 is a hot mess and also most of the playerbase plays in the ranked mode but these are just some things that maybe you'd like to consider.

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Oh my god yes.

I also want customs to allow multiple killers and more than 4 survivors in its settings, would be really fun.

• Avarice10
    Avarice10 Member Posts: 482
    edited February 2021

It'd be great if they allowed the host to decide the maxium number of survivors and killers in the game, I can see streamers having a lot of fun with such a mechanic.

It'd also be nice to have some kind of basic AI to play as the survivor or killer so the solo players have a means to practice by themselves as well. It'd be important that the AI killer tracks with LOS and cues given from the game though.

• funnyboy1548
    funnyboy1548 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2021

"Another thing you could enable maps to be randomly selected instead of just choosing the exact map you want"

Random maps have already been added, so that's one check.

"The fact that for Perks, Items/Addons, and Offerings can only be enabled and disabled really limits how customizable Custom Game is. And again you can only enable or disable DLC killers

I so agree! Would be really nice to implement this, and just more settings in general so that it does feels more CUSTOM.

"Well, I think the easiest thing to improve customization would be allow the player to enable/disable the exact perk, item/addon, offering, and killer."

A good idea indeed, but would be time-consuming for some people. So maybe also add a way to disable perks, items, add-ons and offerings based on Rarity.

Example:

Ultra rare offerings = Disabled

Ultra and Very rare add-ons = Disabled

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

They're saying "Let us choose a smaller pool for the random selection"

As a response to the post - I'd honestly like an "Explore Mode" for us lonely people. Let us go around with an infinite flashlight and press a button to get developer commentary on parts of the game.