The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

THE SPIRIT IS BROKEN

_Trapper
_Trapper Member Posts: 6
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
I mostly play with randoms and I'm tired of facing the spirit. I got nothing against the killer but she's way to good for the little bit of required skill to use her. Its impossible to do gens or unhook other survivors without her immediately downing the survivor again. And nearly every game she's the killer! She literally takes the game hostage it's so irritating. Looping against her is useless since she keeps teleporting and since I am a purple rank the killer usually knows how to counter jukes and 360s. So if she keeps teleporting from the gens to the hook and tunnelling survivors there's not a lot u can do to beat her. She's like an easy to use nurse but not that good. It's just easy for anyone to use her and win. She needs some kind of nerf in my opinion. She's the only low skill required killer that gives me a hard time beating her. If you don't want to nerf her maybe bring old pallets back to the game?? 

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Shes fine where she currently is. Have you tried to stop running when shes phase walking? Also if you're not in her terror radius you can easily hear her approaching by the loud woosh sound that's louder than a gen. Every killer can be countered you just have to find a way and learn from your mistakes instead of asking for pointless nerf that will just hinder the killer more
  • _Trapper
    _Trapper Member Posts: 6
    Yes within time I'm sure I'll get used to her but if its the case are all the rank 5 randoms so bad that they always end up dying to her?? 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

The best advice i usually hear to figure out how to verse a character is to play that character.
    Try her out, learn how she works and plays.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Oh please. Everyone said that about Freddy when he first came out, and look at what you all did to him. The spirit is without a doubt a low-medium tier killer. You should stop running around in the open where she can see you and maybe you won’t get whacked so much. 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Shes legit the only killer that cant see survivors while using her power.. she still has way too many drawbacks to justify her what her power does for her.... this mainly sounds like you're not use to going against her or you're refusing to adjust your playstyle against her just like every survivor refuses to to change their playstyle when going against nurse and then they cry for a nerf because they refuse to use stealth 
  • Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

She is harder than Nurse tho.

G I T
    U
    D

• narva2200
    narva2200 Member Posts: 27
    How does this post even exist?
  • McCree
    McCree Member Posts: 294

I don't really play killer that often but ever since she got live I played way more. I just love her gameplay. She is definitely not broken. She's EXTREMELY hard to play and has a huge drawback on the ability. Once survivors will get more used to her I'm sure she'll be even weaker.

• Exyes
    Exyes Member Posts: 27
    Honestly, the scariest thing about the Spirit is when you see 3 hex totems and play Russian Roullete.
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Disagree. The Phase Walk cooldown reduction is a nice, necessary buff, but I hiiiighly doubt that what was enough to place her above Huntress/Hag/Doctor.

She has the potential to be up there, but she has a lot of difficulties reliably using her power for hits. I would say she's like weaker Pig, but there's no RNG involved for controlling the map/managing time. Another comparison is that she's a harder, more balanced version of Hillbilly.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Lol, I was wondering when I would see a Spirit is OP thread! Congratulations. You are the first person who plays DBD that thinks the Spirit if overpowered. Way to go trendsetter!

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Eninya said:

Disagree. The Phase Walk cooldown reduction is a nice, necessary buff, but I hiiiighly doubt that what was enough to place her above Huntress/Hag/Doctor.

She has the potential to be up there, but she has a lot of difficulties reliably using her power for hits. I would say she's like weaker Pig, but there's no RNG involved for controlling the map/managing time. Another comparison is that she's a harder, more balanced version of Hillbilly.

Trick is not to actually use her power for hits as often as you think. Pretend your phase walking till they panic and put themselves out of position and go in for the hit. Granted, you need to hit at least some, but her power is more for map travel and playing mind games with Survivors. 
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Lol, I was wondering when I would see a Spirit is OP thread! Congratulations. You are the first person who plays DBD that thinks the Spirit if overpowered. Way to go trendsetter!

Hes not the first, I've already seen tons of people complaining on Twitter and YouTube comment sections. First one on the forums though 
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

You won't do the same thing to her, as you did to Freddy. Get lost, survboi.

• When any killer is new they are branded OP because normal tactics don't always work, these posts are best ignored.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

if by "broken" you mean "absolute garbage" then yes

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    edited October 2018

@_Trapper said:
    I mostly play with randoms and I'm tired of facing the spirit. I got nothing against the killer but she's way to good for the little bit of required skill to use her. Its impossible to do gens or unhook other survivors without her immediately downing the survivor again. And nearly every game she's the killer! She literally takes the game hostage it's so irritating. Looping against her is useless since she keeps teleporting and since I am a purple rank the killer usually knows how to counter jukes and 360s. So if she keeps teleporting from the gens to the hook and tunnelling survivors there's not a lot u can do to beat her. She's like an easy to use nurse but not that good. It's just easy for anyone to use her and win. She needs some kind of nerf in my opinion. She's the only low skill required killer that gives me a hard time beating her. If you don't want to nerf her maybe bring old pallets back to the game?? 

Spirit is one of the hardest killer, in my opinion even harder than nurse.

And she is terrible against a competent SWF, she stands no chance against that. Survivors always claim that its the opposite but when I request spirit gameplay vs competent SWF, I never get an answer :lol:

I recommend playing her yourself to understand her weakness and then you can use those to play against her

• Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45

I mean, I get that the forums are boring. But this is too much bulli. If you're having trouble with the spirit, I hear a really good counter to her is running around and making as much noise as you can to confuse her!
    No really, it works!
    :^)

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Oh wow. Im not sure which claim is the most ridiculous. Is it that Spirit is a low skill Killer or that she teleports around and needs to be nerfed by reintroducing pallet vacuum?

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    You said in your post she's a worse nurse... About 80% of the entire community agreed nurse is on the very edge of being broken, not saying she's already broken but she is not unbeatable its just survivors still play against her like other killers. Useing this logic spirit does not need a nerf and if she did you first have to address the more broken character. 
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    I'm so amused.
    The DBD community seems to suffer from the mental disorder known as spiritophrenia. That is, when someone is absolutely certain that the Spirit is OP, but at the same time he's also on the opinion that she is garbage.
    Make up your minds, oh ye forum whiners.
  • Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

At the very least survivors should have a tell when Spirit enters phase while in her TR, maybe like a broken glass sound or something?

Even then she’ll still be one of the best killers, with trained ears & Stridor it won’t matter if you can tell if spirit is phasing, unless you are next to a long wall with a window or long loop with pallet down you are screwed.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

If you think she’s easy to use please post your journey from Rank 20 to Rank 1 as killer using only Spirit. I suspect it’ll teach you a few things.