I played for a week after 4.5.0. I'm going to have to walk away I can't take it anymore.

GravyRobbers85
GravyRobbers85 Member Posts: 69
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

The toxicity of The Killers is at an all-time high, constant face camping, slugging, survivors working with the Killer, the absolutely disgusting hitboxes, I put up with enough of it and I can't take anymore. This game is simply no longer fun, it is nothing more than an exercise in frustration. I'm tired of exhibiting my Gamers rage and unfortunately my family having to hear things that I say out of anger due to the game being completely broken and other players behaving absolutely unacceptably. It hurts me to do this after all the money I put into it and all the time I've spent with it, especially after the start of the pandemic. The game used to keep me sane and now it does completely the opposite. The fact of the matter is if Behavior does not get it's goddamn s*** the f*** together, it's going to lose over half of its community. Nobody wants to play a broken game in the current state it's in, and it certainly isn't entertaining except for those who are behaving poorly and being absolutely disgusting to the other players. My god I've never seen a company not care about its players like I have with behaviour. I don't want this game to die, and all honesty I really don't and I want to see this game continue through this console generation, but until the game itself is fixed and refined, they do not need to be focusing on new chapters, survivors or killers. It needs to focus on correcting its existing content, but unfortunately this is not what's going to happen and they are going to end up killing this game if they continue down this current path. At this point, I'm going to collect my daily rewards for the Lunar New Year event, in hopes of being able to use them at a future time. I hope you all are able to enjoy the game the best you can and I hope you guys have fun. You all take care, and please be kind to one another.

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I'm taking a break from this game too. Partly due to the patch and partly me having a rough time nowadays. Nothing wrong with taking a break. It's like my 4th or 5th mega break for this game

• anarchyunleashd
    anarchyunleashd Member Posts: 9

They don't make money off fixing bugs, they make it off new content. The tide is beginning to turn because more people in the community feel less like paying customers and more like future revenue sources in the eyes of BHVR.

I'm in the same boat as you, I've stopped playing either til they revert or update the hitbox issues. If that takes longer than a week, I'm likely uninstalling. The community has been loud and surprisingly united in telling the devs how broken this 'update' was, and as much as I loved this game, the fact they haven't reverted already shows how their ego has been put before the paying customers who are eager to support them, but tired of not being heard, and tired of accepting inferior content in the name of more content.

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483
    edited February 2021

Yeah, i'm really not enjoying the game much as either side.

I'm not even remotely excited for the next chapter, because as history has shown, the PTB will probably be a ######### mess and 90% of people will stop playing after 24 hours and then it'll come to live being still super buggy with probably even more new issues than the PTB.

The game needs something new, not another chapter. Give us new gamemodes or something to spice up the game with. It's funny, they asked if people were interested in new gamemodes in the player survey then proceed to tell us they don't plan on adding gamemodes in the recent Q&A. The player satisfaction survey is practically pointless.

Events are boring now, I get they said they wish to focus more upon Halloween/Anniversary events as actual events, but still, no earnable cosmetics, it's all about money. 50K BP for logging in each day, boy how generous, I can get myself maybe one free bloodweb each day in this obnoxious grind of a game.

They rework some new maps, which whilst they did a good job with Asylum, The Game is absolutely horrible with so many god pallets and safe pallets in general, it's like the level designers don't even play their own game. The breakable walls are so annoying to deal with too.

And then you have a Lead Community Manager who literally lies to the community. Just when you think the game is going in a good direction with recent balance changes, it suddenly does a complete 180 and goes downhill again. No apology either, just "WE HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR", well, maybe you should've listened from the PTB.

• tykelley
    tykelley Member Posts: 89

Okay leave, no one cares that you're crying about "killers being toxic" it's not my fault I have to go against keys, purple med kits with ds unbreakable deadhard barrowed time with a flashlight, shut up and stop whining

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Can't blame you. Game feels miserable at the moment.

Hopefully the de-sync issue will be fixed next week.