What Killer Do You Refuse to Play as/with

What Killer do you despise beyond the ability to play against? You know, that one killer that just makes your blood boil, it does not have to do anything with the actual player behind the wheel.

Also, what Killer do you refuse to play as, or more like, what killer is too hard for you to master? Or perhaps you do not like to play a specific killer because there is something about them you find annoying?

---

For me, I hate to play against Legion. Simply because of the constant mending and healing. If the team refuses to heal, your whole team goes down sooner or later. Hag also, you just know you will have an impossible time trying to unhook your friends with the trap set right next to them. Crouching to unhook takes forever xD

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

Not really refusing to play against any Killer per se. But I wont play against a Iri Head-Huntress, especially not with the Desync-Issues. She can just get her hook for free, I kill myself and hope, she got the game as easy as she wanted it to be.

Regarding playing, I dont like to play Spirit. She does not feel rewarding at all when downing someone. Also I really dislike Hag on both sides, but again, I dont refuse to play against a Hag.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

Freddy. Not because he’s easy, I just somehow really suck at him.

• BitingSea
    BitingSea Member Posts: 332

To play as, probably Spirit because she makes my game lag or Demogorgon because he's just kinda boring for me

To play against it is without a doubt Leatherface, if I could give up playing Legion in trade of not going against a Bubba ever again I'd do it eventually

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

I don't enjoy playing the Twins because they are just so bad, and the only way to make them work is by slugging and camping everyone.

Also don't like to go against the Twins for the exact same reasons I just listed, the only enjoyment I get of going against them is karate kicking Victor in the face.

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651

I did not expect so many different opinions, this is actually pretty interesting to read.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

I dont refuse to play any but, I will divebomb the Killer if they play dirty, unfun.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I don't like playing against an infinite T3 Myers with a slugging build.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,867

Hag for me. She’s so easy to 4k with and it really doesn’t take much time to learn her. I honestly don’t understand how people can say she’s got a high skill ceiling because once you have basic knowledge of the game understanding how survivors behave, it doesn’t take much time to learn where to place traps. She’s not Freddy easy though.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Freddy: because he´s not what i bought 2 years ago.

Pig: because i don´t like her playstyle.

Nurse: because i don´t like counting the floor tiles.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I don't touch nurse, blight, twins, slinger, plague and clown and I hate playing vs trapper the most

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I'll play against any killer.

As killer, my Discord stream pals usually pick who I use.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

I will play vs Slinger but i will hold m1 harder than vs any other killer

I still remember slinger that just kept tapping m2 to zone me out of the gate (because there is no punishment for literally tapping m2 10 times in a row)

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

I never play huntress or Billy because I don’t want to invest the time to get really good at either

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I hate huntress the most.

• lexihvh
    lexihvh Member Posts: 74

Spirit, so noob friendly...

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited February 2021

Clown and Blight.. Clown's "rework" was not enough to make him worth the effort, he's still not fun either

Blight's handling is horrific, having the turn radius of a semi truck is not enjoyable. I stopped wasting bloodpoints on him at level 40

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

None.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

I'll try any killer at least and ill still play against any killer but some I truly just don't like facing

Face against

1. Freddy- a lot of the issues people have with legions mending is how I feel about freddys sleep and much worse since you go to sleep so quickly and you can't avoid it. This doesn't even include his other annoyances

2. Spirit- one part due to countering feels mostly like guesswork but most of the spirit players I've played against are very huge in camping which has a little bit tained her for me

3. Plague-this is almost exclusively because of teammates being dumb and infecting everyone carelessly

Play as

1. Nurse- by the time I learn her well enough I could learn a lot of the other killers in the same time. Just too much investment for someone that has a lot of hate for

2. Pig- she just isnt very interesting to me and I get bored playing as her half the time. I hate that her traps are rng too

3. Trapper- I hate how slow the beginning of the game is with him and that his traps just dont feel that good overall

• I never play pyramid head, I never put any effort to get good with him so it's boring to me

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

Ghostface. I find him buggy, boring, as well as having another personal reason for despising him. Deathslinger too, I find the gameplay stale and frustrating and I have better things to do with my time

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222

I don’t play deathslinger because i know how aggravating he can be to play against, my least fav killer.

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

legion is unfun to play and unfun to play against. He's good at slowing a game down to a halt, so he isnt necessarily bad, but he has nothing to confirm a down within his base kit, which makes chases feel so boring. Hes infuriating to play against as a surv, as a slow grindy game is also just boring. On top of that, your normal safeties of vaults no longer exist, so thats just anti comfort. Nothing about him is conducive to fun gameplay.

• Kaana
    Kaana Member Posts: 50

Blight. His power confuses the crap out of me every time I bonk my head into a wall or tree to use and I tend to miss since they swerve at the last second lol. And gosh he's short like Hag, but I don't mind playing Hag since I can actually use her power without giving myself a concussion every time.

And Oni as well, I'm just garbage at him no matter how hard I try to get decent with him. More likely to bang my club into a object or tree then an actual survivor.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

I refuse to play lagion. His power is mega boring

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Freddy and twins

I just despise freddy

And the twins just suck

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
  • Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Huntress i used to play alot of her but she feels extremely slow in chases and her hachets are very easy to dodge compared to gunslinger(which i find more fun to play as). Also most huntress players I play against almost always bring exhaustion/iri or like 8 hatchets.

The twins are another one. And well more than half the perks are unusable when you play victor. And if the survivors refuses to release victor youre stuck with no power until you recall . Her power is also very unappealing.

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

Blight. Console player here.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Don't really "refuse to play against" anything.

And while I will play any killer if I have some sort of reason to (like a daily that just won't go away 😄), I don't really enjoy playing Spirit and Pyramid Head. I just don't find their powers very fun to use, so I'd rather play something else.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Hag. No matter what, I will never play that boring, brain-dead abomination of a killer again in my life. She's level 10 because I got Ruin in the shrine and then never levelled her again.

• offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172

Freddy. I don't like facing him as a survivor and I have no interest in playing him as a killer. I'll play against him, but I just work gens as fast as possible to get the game over.

I also didn't like any of the NoES movies. I think that's the main reason I have no interest in him.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited February 2021

Plague has always been a boring killer to play as. I like the concept of an infection spreading killer, in fact I think they executed it well. Maybe she's just not for me. It's frustrating to miss the vile purge and corrupt purge and I'm most likely gonna stop playing her once I adept her.

Another one of my choices would be Huntress, probably an unpopular choice. I suck at aiming and the 110% speed is pretty stressful to handle. Her built in STBFL is neat but I usually run that perk on M1 killers so ehh...

• Against - Ghostface. I'm still not sure as to the point of the gameplay. You can stare at him to reveal him...ok but its not working, not working, oh now I'm exposed. This killer feels half-baked.

Play as - Blight. I know some people find him really fun but to me he's the worst killer I've ever bought and I wish I could get a refund. He just feels awful to play as, absolutely awful. Low pov so you can't see anything in grass or corn, constantly bumping into debris thats in the way, and the fact that he slides off any kind of car makes his power kinda useless in parts of autohaven maps. Then theres the fact that without add ons he just can't turn worth a damn, and survivors all have DH to render his rush attack useless anyway.

• Mysterynovus
    Mysterynovus Member Posts: 318

Recently Leatherface because of the seeming uptick in Franklin-loving players who just like to camp.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Hag, Bubba and Freddy

Hag is boring, Bubba is weird and I just don't enjoy him and Freddy is really really boring, requires little skill (stuff people say is skilled like mindgaming with his tp is actually just common sense) and I dont find him fun

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

Freddy due to obvious reasons.

The twins because they are built for slugging and camping.

Huntress because of the semi truck size hit boxes (even before the recent patch).

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904
    edited February 2021

Refuse to play as Freddy or Spirit because I feel there is little skill and maximum reward with them. I don't feel any satisfaction getting kills with them.

I hate playing against them, too. Spirit is just a guessing game which I don't consider counterplay. Freddy is so oppressive and boring to face. I also hate playing against Ghostface because his reveal mechanic is busted. Free downs for that killer.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Playing against Spirit & Huntress is usually miserable for me mainly because of Spirit's little-to-no counterplay and Huntress's insanely crappy hitboxes.

Playing as Demo almost always sucks because I'm not too good with him & when I'm trying to go into a match to learn and have fun but instead get genrushed & BM'd, it puts me in a bad mood.

• GbyeDinah
    GbyeDinah Member Posts: 42

The hag. For the sole reason that the sounds she makes are beyond annoying. Sounds like some gross kid with a cold. No thanks!

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I don't have a killer that I refuse to go against. I like some more than others, but not to the "F everything" feel. I really don't mind.

I REFUSE to play nurse and clown

nurse because console, and I don't want to put in the time to get good with her. so playing her, means I play really bad.

clown is the opposite, I do well with clown. I just don't like using him

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

Having been a pretty good trapper for a long time, he terrifies me when I play survivor. Like to the point I forget how to play the game. I’m constantly crippling my chase by myself because every time I try and use a loop I think there’s going to be a trap and lose lots of ground. But I do realize it’s in my head so I’ll take it, I just hate it.

Tombstone Myers is dumb and lame. There are lots of builds and variety to play MM in a fun way, it irritates me when someone uses it. You literally click on someone and remove them from the game. Wow, so fun.

Spirit is easy mode.

I suck at Billy because console & because I just suck at Billy. Blight has obviously the same issue.

All the other killers are fine to me, I’m pretty good with them (except Nurse, I’m not a good nurse, but I’ll still play her some times) and have fun with them.

Now what I will really refuse to play with and against is Huntress, because Huntresses have the bad habit to camp all of their hooks KNOWING that if they’re against solo queuers they won’t ever get punished for it. I actually never seen a huntress NOT camp every hook.

If it’s Iri Huntress I’ll just wait. If 2 or more survivors DC, which happens a lot, I’ll DC too. If they don’t I’ll just do a gen and if she comes near I won’t run and just let her kill me. There’s no point in wasting my time.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited February 2021

Spirit. Every time I play against a spirit player it's hard to ignore the passive stuff she has which (in my eyes) leads to free hits on occassion. I'm talking about passive phasing around a small loop and the stand still 'mindgame'.

I don't like her actual power, either. But it is the passives she gets which I find most annoying.

But at least some of her old passives no longer exist, aka window 'mindgame' and the collision whilst phasing.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

It's Freddy with jump rope and other slow down perks.

First of all, makes you feel mega scummy.

Secondly, it makes newbies suffer and hate the game more.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

I hate playing against ghostface and deathslinger

Who I hate playing as

Deathslinger: He's soooooo slow and I can't aim. He sounds so fun to me on paper but the reality is sad

Blight: I wasted 9k shards on him ... his power is so ... interesting ... at least he could be fun to meme with 💁‍♀️

Wraith: boring

Hag: too tiny, I can't deal with being that low to the ground but for some weird reason it doesn't bother me to play as Victor.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Hag.

Dont get me started on how much I despise her. I’ll rant forever otherwise.

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

Spirit, mostly due to how easy it is to become good with her with little practice and good headphones.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Nurses are boring

People playing her have such ego most of the time

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I don't refuse to play against slinger in the sense of doing myself in on first hook but I do activate gen smash mode and the other survivors often do the same so we end up with one of those games where 0/5 players get much in the way of points, pips, or enjoyment. Most slingers I see get stomped and yet there's a never-ending supply of them.

I might be tempted to let go on hook against a good twins player, if I actually got hooked at any point before almost bleeding out. I went against one yesterday and managed to confuse them with tenacity so...a small victory on my part?

I don't play billy bc I suck at him and the chainsaw feels too janky post-nerf. Idk if they actually did change his animations or something, but he feels worse than before. Also the fun and necessary heat gauge is a constant distraction, so it's a no from me.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

1# bubba- there is an 80% chance that he will facecamp me

2# plague- its so annoying to be constantly broken and iron will is practically useless against her

3# doctor- idk what makes him so unfun to play against

4# freddy- you are about to complete a gen that is at 95% and then he just teleports to it, so frustrating

5# hag- she traps the hell out of a hooked survivor

6# nurse- actually fun to play against but sadly shes played by 3 blink sweats

7# huntress- chances are she has iridescent heads. when i hear her lullaby and see someone get insta downed i immediately dc

8# clown- im more of a runner player and its so easy to end loops as him

9# legion- its not him, its the players that play him. all he does is stab you in frenzy and then he runs away

10# myers- his 99% tier 3 is annoying

11# ghostface and pig- they jumpscare the ######### out of me