i love new system to get pip..

crixus006
crixus006 Member Posts: 383
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

The last games put me with good teammates, survivors that were previously red ranks are now green and cannot advance from there, I like the idea that blood points are awarded but do not rise in rank if you do not play a good game.

I would expect devs to do the same to the rest of pips because I know survivors who only spent 5 seconds in a chase and still get pip. they cannot be red ranks.

I'm sure it's a bug but I would like him to stay that way.

what do u think?

Comments

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I think you're wrong.

I could have a perfect match, escape, and still black pip or even depip, since the emblems aren't consistent.

You shouldn't depip every time you don't escape. And I get just as bad teams right now as I did before.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
  • crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

a bug that we hope will stay. Imagine that all matches you with survivors of the same level, the ranks 1 will be very few and if they do, it is because those players are good.

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

The bug needs to be fixed. As the_krapper says... if we aren't double pipping to get a pip, we are de-pipping and rolling over lower rank killers.

There is no safety pip for some of us. There is a +1 or a -1. And the further we fall in rank, the more load we have to carry as a team mate. It kinda sucks doing 3 full gens, all the saves, and running the killer... but dying on 1st hook because your "team mate" is t-bagging on hatch... and then you get a -1.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

I like losing a pip when someone leaves during the loading screen.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I know right?! Ive had that happening but not the depipping issue , it's hilarious these people are trying to say "the REAL red ranks" with all these issues going on, and also pretending like people don't take breaks from this game and come back who are definitely high skilled on both sides, rank NEVER has and NEVER will mean anything in this game unless they add leaderboards and require ranking to be achieved only as a solo survivor which will never happen because the second you do that que times skyrocket where you split the player base and then people leave the game for something that doesn't take an hour to play

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Rank means nothing but....

Imagine how long it would be before the complaints started rolling in about newer Killers getting bullied just because Survivors cannot pip?

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I'd like to see them just make it harder to pip if you are in a SWF. It would improve my experience as a solo at red ranks, less potatoes who got carried there by their friends.

• Fraudette
    Fraudette Member Posts: 84

People keep stating this bug is a good thing, but it's really not. It isn't putting you with better survivors, it's putting you with survivors who are grinding to maintain their rank, which results in them not being rusty at best. Alternatively, you're put with people who DO deserve to be red ranks but are stuck in higher ranks. Of course you're going to notice better gameplay; they're better players. Their gameplay does not accurately reflect your own, but it may seem like the group as a whole is doing well when in reality it's one player carrying the match.

You cannot accurately gauge the skill or value of a player and their gameplay when a major factor of how pipping is determined is currently broken. The fact that you can depip and STILL be the mvp of the match is a testament to how this bug is doing more harm than it is good, because a ranking system needs consistency and stability, and the bug removes that. Rank doesn't matter, and I do agree that rank needs a rework or changes (especially in the SWF department), but it's bad when you can derank for just existing in the same lobby as someone who leaves, like @/Hopesfall said.