What is the best perk build for doctor?

I'm wondering what would be the best perk/add-on build for the dockta.

At the moment, I have BBQ, Blood echo, stbfl, thantaphobia, and idk for the 4th one. Addons are typically distressing or restraint and high electrode thing.

Comments

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Blood Echo and Thana both require you to have lots of people injured to get any value, so they're quite situational (blood echo particularly is very weak).

What about something like PGTW instead of thana? More reliable gen defense.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

My perks for doc.

Distressing - Big TR

Huntress Lullaby - Further ######### with surv skill checks

Unnerving - More skill checks #########

PGTW - gen regression

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,094

Blood Echo and Thanatophobia are really situational. Thanatophobia is clearly better, but only if you have a Killer who can keep Survivors injured like Legion or Plague, but thats about it. For one or two Survivors injured, the Penalty is really low.

Personally, I run:

BBQ-->Only for stonks, it is not that good on Doctor, Whispers would be better. But BPs.

STBFL-->Good Perk for M1-Killers, also I like it.

Corrupt Intervention-->The only Slowdown Perk needed.

Brutal Strength-->Survivors tend to drop Pallets early against Doctor, breaking them a little bit quicker is good in a chase.

Using this Build for quite a while and having good success with it. Of course you can go for more Slowdown by using PGTW or Ruin. Also, like I said, Whispers can be pretty good, when it is active you can shock and are in a chase basically immediatly.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

This:

• Corrupt - Go in middle, wait a few secs for survivors to come close, shock blast, ez survivors. or just shock blast whenever you see a survivor
    • BBQ - Ol' reliable
    • Pop - Gen regress perk. What more you need?
    • STBL - excellent choice on doc.

And of course... You can always replace one of these perks with NOED.... What DOCTOR doesn't run NOED these days, eh?

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

Not a bad build. I'm not personally a fan of thana, but you do you.

Whispers is a bananas perk for getting the best value out of your static blast. Since Whispers has a range of 32 meters, same as your blast, you can just use your blast once Whispers lights up to get a guaranteed shock. And if someone's hiding in a locker you'll know that as well. It's great for finding survivors at the start of the match, but it'll give you value for the whole game.

You might also want a gen regression perk to buy yourself more time. Pop and Ruin are the go-to perks there and Pop pairs well with BBQ, but Surge and Oppression are not to be underestimated. Surge combined with Pop is great at stopping survivors from finishing gens right in front of you.

My favorite doctor builds are new Impossible Skill Check and Sniper Doc. New Impossible Skill Check is Distressing, Unnerving, Lullaby, and Undying combined with the Calm addon. Sniper Doc is Whispers, Lullaby, and Thrill of the Hunt with the green electrode addon and the green addon that turns your shock therapy into a beam. You can zap people off your totems from around 30 meters away any time they try to cleanse.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

There is no best perk set up for him, it is just perks you like using on him that synergize with his power. He is a killer that is great at disrupting multiple survivors, better than the average killer doing the same thing. Knowing this, you want perks to find multiple survivors and benefit you and your power.

If you want to be a very aggressive doctor use: Whispers (to make sure all of your static blasts hit at least one person), STBFL (for obvious reasons), sloppy butcher (for slow heals), and surge (when survivors are in tier three madness, they can't do gens. If you static blast survivors off of a gen and even down them, you can get some pretty good regression out of this).

Or for just an average doctor build: Discordance (to find grouped up survivors), pop (for the slowdown), BBQ (to know where to go), and infectious fright (to know if anyone is nearby a downed survivor to use the static blast)

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

You and I have a similar build. I use PGTW instead of STBFL because Doc is already strong in chases.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,094

Yeah, I used PGTW instead of STBFL before as well. But I like STBFL more and also I realized at some points that even with PGTW I dont really kick Gens and rather go into another chase, so I almost never used it, which made it a somewhat wasted Perk Slot for me.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 925

My Doc build

Huntress lullaby, Overcharge, Distressing, and Overwhelming Presence. The 2 add-ons that increases your terror radius.

Do your large AoE blast only once to get everyone inflicted with madness. You get a massive terror radius with this build and it makes skill checks a lot harder to do. It's even worse for survivors if it's on a really small map.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

Whispers / Discordance / Pop / BBQ (bbq can be replaced with Ruin,Surge, or Surveillance)

That's the try hard build.

Others mentioned skill check builds, but those are hit or miss.. try hard build is solid.. Whispers is a guaranteed Static Blast hit

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited February 2021

I personally love M&A with Calm: Carters Notes + Class 2. It confuses the HECK out of most survivors, and leads to a lot of easy hits, especially on indoor maps. Add in Dark Devotion, and this build is golden.

I also love Overcharge plus Oppression on Doc too.

Also Distressing, Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence, and Sloppy is an incredibly effective slugging build/anti heal build on Doc.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i dont know if its "the best", but this is mine:

• Pop Goes The Weasel
    • Enduring
    • Brutal Strength
    • Barbecue & Chili / Discordance (if you dont need the 2x BP - for gameplay purposes i prefer Discordance over BBQ)

Add Ons:

• Order
    • Calm

the general idea behind it is, that you find survivors quickly due to Discordance / Static Blast, get rid of real pallets quickly with Enduring and Brutal Strength so that Order can replace them with fakes and have Pop as a game slowdown tool.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229

Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Overcharge and as fourth whathever you want but I recommend some like this (Hex: Huntress Lullaby, Franklin's Demise, Surge, Infectious Fright, Oppression) and closed map you don´t need BBQ at least you want points.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    edited February 2021

For me its:

Whispers tier 3: you can use whispers to k ow when survivors are within your TR and then pinpoint them with the ult ability

Thrilling tremors: good gen info perk, and its especially good on the doctor cause you can shock someone while its active and they can't hop back on

Tinkerer: mostly for the undetectable because they don't seem to see it coming and the doctor doesn't have any global sounds or very loud passive sounds, so he uses it effectively. The 70% notification is good too

Pop goes the weasel: obviously a good perk on its own, but great when combined with tinkerer and thrilling tremors. You get a tinkerer notification, go to contest the gen, grab that survivor or down them quickly, hook em, and pop the gen they were working on. Unless its over 95% progress when you pop it, you're guaranteed to get another tinkerer proc on that gen. And if someone took over working on that gen, you know from thrilling tremors and can go get them off of it with a blast