We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Backwater Swamp - Pale Rose no hatch spawn?

Wanted to give last survivor hatch cause he had 2 dc and 1 suicide. We both ran around for probably 10 minutes. I know most spawn locations but none of us could find it.

Is this an known issue? I am 100% there was no hatch. Checked all edges of the map all buildings and open spaces. No hatch no sound no nothing.

Comments

• I want to say that I'm sure it was there, but you remind me of one instance on Grim Pantry where neither myself or the other survivor could find the hatch in that scenario. Spent well over 10 minutes the both of us trying to find it, although part of the long time frame is likely because I was not intent on giving the survivor hatch in that case.

• Quink
    Quink Member Posts: 56

Thing is i went over the map in a grid. Walk over pretty much every single area. The survivor was also running around looking for it. I went north to south then i moved a little to the west and went back north and repeated that for the entire map. The chances of both of us not finding it must have been almost non existent. Wish i could boot up the map in a sand box mode and look for it again. Next time i play on Pale Rose i'll intentionally give the hatch and see if i can find it.

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494

Had something similar happen to me a while ago, eventually I found but it was nestled in the corner of the map, guarded by two trees that made it so that once you when past them there was only one way out. I spent the next 10 minutes waiting for the last survivor to finish generators and leaves so I can escape the tree corner. 0/10 would not recommend.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

It definitely spawned, problem is the hatch can spawn literally anywhere it's available on this map, including the very edge, and if I'm not mistaken, the boat. Swamp is definitely the worst hatch spawn in the game, Haddonfield is up for contention but atleast that has some common ones. In this map, the only common one is at shack, and even then it isn't too common on that map.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

I feel like this happens sometimes. Pale Rose there are like 4 hatch spawns at the very edges of the map. You might have missed those points but I trust you didn't.

I've had many instances on this map where I couldn't find the hatch no matter what I did.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,766

I've literally seen the hatch in the weirdest places on both maps. Some are obvious. The pantries, boat, by the shack or the pier. People know check the outsides of the map. Also remember that it can spawn in the literal corners of the map. I've had it spawn so wedged up in the corner I swear part of the hatch was in the wall. You really do need to check every last inch of both maps because it will spawn anywhere.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

You can actually load up maps by yourself with the dev console.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

It is there. That map has a couple of hatch spawns hidden in the underbrush along the extreme perimeter.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I’ve had this happen on either swamp map once in a blue moon. Search forever and ever and cannot see or hear the hatch. Only ever happened in swamp maps.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I mean, if you couldn't find it, you may not know all the spawns. Did you try the very edges of the map? I've had them spawn against the far walls from time to time.