Thread Closed

Options
2»

Comments

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

Soz, looks like you were proven wrong on this in another thread then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ttvbardberd
    ttvbardberd Member Posts: 144
    Options

Your comment doesn't really add anything to the thread. I was proven wrong because someone did what I asked them to do and provide actual evidence lmao, something you didn't do.

But go off I guess.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CluelessWanderer
    Options
  • ttvbardberd
    ttvbardberd Member Posts: 144
    Options

Nothing more to say I guess? Oof for you.

Go off I guess¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 769
    Options

I'm going to answer you here, because you're right I should have put it in the this discussion, I was petty about your other post, sorry for that.

I mean there is still a possibility that I'm wrong and BVHR just accepted the bug report quietly to stop complaints but my perspective is, that ranking is more a matter of playing a lot and not of playing good. There are plenty of people who stay in red ranks (usually 3 or 4 because the pip not enough to rank up to Rank 1 but they also depip not enough to rank down to purple) despite not playing super well. But now so many peole say that they get downranked more than before so there has to be reason for that.

You mentioned the desync issue but I don't think that that alone can explain many people depiping more frequently because desync mainly affects the chase and the survivors who linger at the lower red ranks even though they aren't that great have the most problems with the chase imo, so I don't see why desync should make that big of a difference for these players when the go down in 10-20 seconds anyway (I'm not saying that to be spiteful, I suck at chase myself). If we are lucky the 4.5.2 hotfix will arrive tomorrow and will fix this bug, visual or not.

Anyway, thank you for considering a different perspective, that is rare on the forums (and rare in general and I'm definitely not an exception to this rule).

• KlapzCheeks
    KlapzCheeks Member Posts: 171
    Options

You were proven wrong way earlier you just dismissed it over and over. The amount of people being nice to you in the beginning quickly dwindled when you doubled down on your position and were very arrogant about it. ie Thats a fact! Youre just playing bad

Take your lumps

• CluelessWanderer
    Options

That's just it.

It was the condescending attitude from the very beginning, dismissing anyone else's opinion as them being "bad players", or they're just not as smart as you. That you alone set the standard for what is correct, and the burden of proof is NOT on you, but on legions of people who disagree with you. You dismissed all of their screenshots, videos, personal experiences with a side salad of mocking.

When I was a teenager, I would add ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to my posts to purposely mock/irritate people I disagreed with. I was 15, and have since grown the hell up. That is the reason you were adding them as well. So you didn't just disagree with people, you weren't looking for a respectful discussion, you came in from the beginning with an air of patronizing superiority which rubbed many people the wrong way.

I'm not normally rude to people on forums at all. It's rare behaviour from me. But gosh, son, maybe reflect a bit on your own behaviour. I'm pretty new to the forums as well, and I was greeted just fine. It has nothing to do with TTV in your name, b/c most of us are reasonable adults and know that you can't treat everyone based on the worst of them. But there's a way to respectfully converse with others even if you truly believe at heart, you are correct and they aren't.

Other than this, if you discuss the game normally in other threads I'll treat you just fine.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,523
    Options

I'm closing this, we've already confirmed the bugs and that they will be addressed in an upcoming update, therefore, this thread really serves no purpose.

This discussion has been closed.