I want to learn huntress

Options
Dingo88
Dingo88 Member Posts: 219
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

Am I bad player if a lose alot of games because I want to learn how to use huntress properly

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

You can't have a full answer until you fix the title to make it not clickbait

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I mean no. You just need practice like everyone else.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited February 2021
    Options

Projectile killers are the most difficult killers to play effectively (i.e. against elite survivors) in DBD [after Nurse] in my opinion (ignoring the generous hitbox of Huntress' hatchets).

There's absolutely nothing wrong with failing anyways (it's just a game afterall) - particularly when learning a projectile killer.

Post edited by Yamaoka on
  • Dingo88
    Options

Just get called a baby alot by r10-20s coz they beat me. It doesn't really bother me but sometimes I just is it really worth it.

I just want to get good with her hatchets

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

You aren't bad at the game for trying something new and doing poorly because of inexperience, you are bad if you try do hit above you weight class while doing so or feel that you DESERVE to do better without putting in the time or effort for it

• Dingo88
    Options

I probs should've started learning her when I was rank 20 not r4 lol

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

Well, technically you are a bad player if you lose, but everyone starts bad. You need to practice, and yes that will mean losing a lot of games until you get good.

But dude, this game is super unbalanced, there are maps were the Huntress can be looped indefinitely, there are indoor maps (usually good for Killers) which the Huntress struggles on because she cannot do long range hatchets. There are survivors on this game with 5000 hours who will have no problem looping and mind gaming you for days.

Go and watch some Huntress streamers, I'd recommend FreakyMy or CoconutRTS. These guys have LOTS of hours on this game (Coconut especially, he's like top 5 for bloodpoints in the world). Even he does not 4K all the time. He drops 2, 1 or even 0Ks occasionally, because he faces top opponents, and this game is fundamentally unbalanced.

So NO, you are not a bad player for losing.

Just know that Huntress, in my opinion, is one of the hardest Killers to play, she can get punished by good survivors.

Don't focus on winning, or even killing. Just focus on quick chases, and getting hooks.

Also watch Scott Jund's Huntress guide on youtube, it helped me.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,126
    Options

Maybe

🤔

Did you lose a lot of games before Huntress?

• Dingo88
    Options

Na it seems to only be huntress I really struggle with my fav killer is nurse I would say I'm not 100% with her yet but can land most of my blinks. Thanx for advice I watch alot of coconutrts he's insane

• Dingo88
    Options

It's not the rank I don't care about that just don't C why there needs to be so much negativaty in end game chat concidering I'm still learning.

. It ain't bothering me I just feel bad for the players that ain't hardend up to the salt and ######### in this game. It will give them no insperation to try and do better. I'm as tough as old boots and had guys rip into me on my streams I just tell to f off if they ain't got nothing nice to say.

• Dingo88
    Options

Plus I don't think constantly getting lerrys and Gideon pretty much every game is helping my aim

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Options

practice your throws and try to predict where the survivor might go.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Practice definitely makes perfect. I spent a good chunk of one of the previous Tomes just playing Huntress so that I'd become better with her (and for the most part, it worked).

Though if it helps, Scott Jund (a former Huntress main) has a nifty guide full of tips and tricks specifically for her (I'm surprised it hasn't been shared yet, actually).

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357
    edited February 2021
    Options

1. Raise hatchet

2. Aim hatchet at survivor

3. Throw hatchet or cancel throwing hatchet if the survivor got behind a corner

4. Repeat

Huntress is just too easy