Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I win, cheater boi

Yords
Yords Member Posts: 5,781
edited February 2021 in Off-topic

I know you will read this at some point since you let me know you watch me on the forums, and I have to say that during the time you waited to trash talk me during the endgame chat after freezing the game (literally over 30 minutes) I had the most fun time playing some tf2 in the background. I mean seriously, I had an amazing team and I was topscoring. I think I really upset you since you waited over 30 minutes for nothing :)

So to that cheater who is reading this (because I know you will)...Have a nice day. I assume because you are cheating you probably don't have anything better to do every day other than attempt to ruin my fun lol.

Context: Bear with me here, it is a lot to unpack.

This cheater, how is he cheating?

Well, as survivor he breaks the game by hooking himself several times before everyone can even move at the start of the match, has a 5-second long flashlight blind, instantly repairs a generator, runs around at mach 5, and takes no damage when being hit.

As killer, he plays huntress with infinite hatchets that are instantly thrown, can move before anyone else at the start, and can mori you without hooking anyone.

What does he do?

What he does is crash the game after letting everyone know he is cheating, forcing everyone to take the DC penalty because the game just freezes. He then waits to trash talk all of us in the end game chat.

How do I know he waits?

Because he does the same thing every time, he crashes the game and waits for people to DC so he can trash talk them in the endgame chat after seeing that they are still there. I waited about five minutes the second or third time I ran into this guy to test this theory, and it was true. He was there waiting to trash talk using the n word a few times, and tell me how bad I am at the game.

I have run into this guy multiple times, but how do I know it is the same cheater?

He let me know by saying things only someone playing the same matches as us would know, he also has specifically hinted that he is not fond of me especially. He also does the exact same thing each time. He joins a game, lets everyone see him cheat, and crashes/freezes the game forcing everyone to DC and increase their DC penalty each time.

Why don't you just report him and move on?

Because I can't. He somehow is disguising his own profile as someone else's. If I click to find his profile in-game, it sends me to some innocent person's profile.

How do I know that he doesn't like me particularly?

Well for starters, the reason he really doesn't like me in particular is because I sat around for about 5 minutes with him one time warning anyone who joined the lobby we were in that he was cheating while telling them to leave before the killer in that pre-game lobby got tired of waiting and left. He made sure to let me know that he didn't like this interaction. I did this so he couldn't ruin other people's fun and waste some of his time, and it worked :).

So what happened this time?

Just the usual, as killer he immediately booked it to where I was while playing the boosted (literally) huntress and right when he moried me, he made sure to freeze the game during the exact frame where the huntress hits the survivor in the head with her axe. I immediately knew it was him because of this (an educated guess if you will).

How do I know he is watching me on the forums?

Because he inadvertently told me by saying "go cry on the forums again". This post was

So what did I do, and how did I "win"?

What I did was I just booted up some team fortress 2 in the background while I was still in that match in DBD and played myself some games. I checked on the game every few minutes and after about 32-ish minutes I finally came back to DBD only to see that I was actually in the endgame screen and I saw the "Host disconnected" thing in the chatbox. I was able to stop him from messing with other players for over half an hour and wasted his time.

I had to wait 25 minutes for my DC penalty to go away, but I didn't care because I knew I was able to mess with him back :). He was unable to ruin other people's fun for over half an hour.

So what do you do against cheaters in general in any game?

All you have to do is report them and move on, but let them know that you don't really care, or don't get upset at them. Because why should you? All you have to do is join another game and play again. By saying something like "lol this cheater" and leaving the game, you rob them of the high they get off of you getting upset at them. Even if you are upset, don't give them any hints.