Dream World rework ideas?

I mentioned in another thread that maybe as a change to Freddy what if they add more objects and such that don't exist in the actual map? Make it feel like an actual seperate world. I have no idea of what they could add but just thought I'd make this thread to see if anyone else has any ideas for this. 

Comments

• SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    Why not him destroy pallets faster dropped by people in the dream world or an add on for that. It can be "Freddys bones" 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    I mentioned in another thread that maybe as a change to Freddy what if they add more objects and such that don't exist in the actual map? Make it feel like an actual seperate world. I have no idea of what they could add but just thought I'd make this thread to see if anyone else has any ideas for this. 

Because then there will be places Freddy simply can't go which is complete BS.

Also from a technical standpoint, Unreal needs to "cook" stuff so anytime someone picks Freddy the game will take twice as long to load.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    edited October 2018
    @thesuicidefox I think you got the wrong idea. I meant either fake objects similar to Doctors fake pallets and stuff that is purely there for Decoration. Freddy would still have access to everything but survivors would see fake objects and windows that appear open but are actually closed. That sort of thing. As for the loading thing.. yeah that's a problem but it's just an idea
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    @SteveyHooves While that would help him in a chase wouldn't that basically be every pallet can be broken faster? Because people only ever drop pallets while falling asleep or while they are asleep. 
  • SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    Ok true
  • LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160
    Making it brighter would be a great idea
    also I would prefer if it had a nightmarish Red instead of a Eyehurting White
    Look at the Scarecrow Missions from Batman Arkham Knight
    thats what I would like
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    @LRGamer Why is it white anyway? It doesn't really look like a nightmare to me. I've seen those missions in that batman game. Think it suits the idea of a nightmare much better then what we currently have. 
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    edited October 2018
    People should put themselves to sleep in lockers. There should be dream hooks that keep them in the dream while normal hooks keep them out. There should be dream pallets that should slam down and start laughing letting survivors not past. Dream chests should act like a mimic bear trap. Freddy dream closet could be a furnace. Freddy face could popout of walls he scratches. Freddy dream realm could be a setup of a nightmare that changes the dream map. Freddy dream realm could be a nightmare that changes the form of freddy also. Freddy could swap to any killer of his choosing. I really hope they don't do number changes cause i would rather freddy to feel like freddy.
    Freddy needs a fun power fix cause im not buying he is freddy but rather the sandman killer.
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    @FayeZahara interesting ideas.. I feel like survivors should only see the dream objects while asleep so they have to try and remember which ones are real or fake.. and Freddy should be able to walk through them to avoid the potential issue of him not being able to access certain areas. 
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    @FayeZahara interesting ideas.. I feel like survivors should only see the dream objects while asleep so they have to try and remember which ones are real or fake.. and Freddy should be able to walk through them to avoid the potential issue of him not being able to access certain areas. 
    You could split the objects in half where it looks like half the objects are in real world. That way gotta remember half the objects as survivor. I also like the survivors putting themselves to sleep to save a survivor. Cause thats what survivors do in the movies when the other survivor is out of reach.
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    @FayeZahara I hope they do implement some sort of ideas like these.. just to make Freddy actually feel like the movie character. He's one of my favourite horror movie characters but he's lacking in this game. 
  • LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160
    @LRGamer Why is it white anyway? It doesn't really look like a nightmare to me. I've seen those missions in that batman game. Think it suits the idea of a nightmare much better then what we currently have. 
    I know right
  • Freddykreuger
    Freddykreuger Member Posts: 23

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

YOu could build a the maps on a grid system and then when a new survivor enters the dream world the dream world shuffles

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

There should only be the dream world when you are vs freddy. If you're fighting freddy, YOU ARE ALREADY ASLEEP. Its a stupid mechanic, and not much fun to play on either side IMO. They could make him so much more interesting than this.