limiting clutch perk per games (mostly for swf)

Options

I haven't played for like 3months and came back for the event. I was mostly able to 4k because my skill>rank at the moment and then I come across this team.

So many clutch perk it's not even fun. 4 DH, 3 Unbreakable, 2 DS, 1 BT. 10 out of 16 perks that save their ass even when playing badly, allow them to be cocky or take away any pressure I can make by slugging. Add the fact that is was a swf.

I don't want 4k all games because I find it boring but damn this game was sad. I had 8 hooks total and they all left injured. I didn't find that game amusing at all

Comments

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited February 2021
    Options

The problem wiht DS-unbreakable is identical to the problem of Balanced Landing and Sprintburst had back when they were individual cooldowns: Stacking similar effects has amplified effects.

The solution is the same: A new resource. Instead of Exhaustion something like... Heroism, for perks that let you 'self recover' in a general sense. You unbreakable without soulguard? You can't DS the same match. You DS? You can't unbreakable anymore. You can still run both perks, but you can't use both perks in the same match.

The DS nerf already solved a lot of problems with DS, its now more just the killer doesn't have a great option in the scenario where someone just goes down from DS. It isn't outright toxic like in your face gen repair or hook rescues were, but its an annoying blindspot for the game.

I don't think BT is too much of a problem at all. Its ANNOYING and it speaks more to a problem with bodyblocking at the hook (I think killers should get swivel-grab just like survivors have swivel-hook) but its core mechanics are actually pretty healthy and allow the survivors to pull plays in scenarios they should be able to do so (Healthy and in a group and willing to eat hits), without allowing stuff it shouldn't (If someone cheeky bodyblocks with BT you... kinda come out ahead as killer most of the time).

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    edited February 2021
    Options

This is 100%, not a SWF. If they are, then it is disorganized and made of 4 average to bad players.

Any Means Necessary (probably for the challenge, but still not effective).

3 people running Self-Care.

Someone running Kindred.

At most, a SWF should run 2 Unbreakables and 2 BTs. 3 Unbreakables is completely unnecessary.

Dead Hard only works like 20% of the time, so it's almost foul play to call it out.

If you got hit with DS then you were tunneling, bub. With the recent nerf, survivors can't perform any actions outside of anything chase-related or entering lockers.

This is honestly what I would expect from the second Sandbag With Friends tourney.

• bredbeddle
    bredbeddle Member Posts: 103
    Options

kind of a sledgehammer approach imo. i'd just as rather nerf the crutch perks to begin with than to create a more artificial system to police how often they get used

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542
    Options

Everyone uses DH nowadays, that's why I stopped playing nurse. It's extremely hard to play her as it is, but when every survivor has 3 health states it becomes unbearable. Even if I win I don't feel like playing anymore cause it's so frustrating to be make a good read or prediction and be outperked by the "E" key

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555
    Options

You know that most swf are 2man right? And so what if they don't have 16meta perk? They still have 10 second chance perk and it's frustrating to play againt.

Idk about the recents changes but last time I played but last time I played survivor (about 3 months ago) I could hold my own and get at least one 1min chase every game, work a good 140+ seconds on different gen and make half my team mate leave with 4 ######### perk. I'm not here to boast that survivor op or what ever I just see it annoying to play agaonst so many clutch perk.