Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

attention, devs.... it doesn't make sense....

i can understand charging for any new content. and making alot of it available through play time is incredibly generous.... BUT charging as much as 10+ dollars for 1 skin? thats the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of.... you want to make this game fun. you want to generate an interest. i don't understand how you feel that price is even remotely fair....

Comments

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    edited June 2018

I dont mind at all. I think with micro transactions this game can only get better. With more income the developers can think about creating servers, with more income they can hire more people wich means more work on new content and more on trying to fix/adjust current content. I never concidered micro transactions a problem and if people think its to expensive then simply dont buy it with real money. DBD will be one of the very few games that allow you to buy skins with farmable currency.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2018

I am fine with the cosmetic microtransactions. Just so long as they keep microtransactions independent from the bloodpoint economy. Cosmetics that dont effect gameplay and are purely aesthetic are fine.

• Yaq
    Yaq Member Posts: 23

Sure its hard, but you can unlock skins by just playing the game , thats fair,you can pay if you really want this skin so bad, and i mean every game dev offer skins like 10 Euro for 1 Skin.

They gave us Some Chapter´s literally for "free" and they need it to equalize it through skins

• Yaq
    Yaq Member Posts: 23

@Shadoureon said:
    I dont mind at all. I think with micro transactions this game can only get better. With more income the developers can think about creating servers, with more income they can hire more people wich means more work on new content and more on trying to fix/adjust current content. I never concidered micro transactions a problem and if people think its to expensive then simply dont buy it with real money. DBD will be one of the very few games that allow you to buy skins with farmable currency.

you really sure they invenst the money to server ? LOL

i think many Game Devs in 2018 go back With DLC and offer Skins through Money.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2018

If you don't sell your DLC for an online game, you gotta make money somehow and that would likely be through microtransactions. Hopefully they will allow us to unlock the Very Rare outfits for Shards, just make it a very high amount required.

If they gave the Very Rare outfits unique animations then I'd say they'd be worth 10 bucks.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@Visionmaker

exactly....

• deadwolfwalking

@mdg2018 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:
    i'm not complaining about them selling cosmetics.... i'm complaining about the prices....

i agree $10 is way to much for 1 skin the highest it should be is $5 in my opinion

i agree 5 should be the limit.... and i'd still look at it sideways because the Leatherface dlc was 7.99....

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2018
    mdg2018 said:

i agree $10 is way to much for 1 skin the highest it should be is $5 in my opinion

IMO, the highest price for a quality, two piece skin should be 2 dollars. A recolor piece should be 10 to 25 cents.

The price should be low enough for the individual to be able to say "my time is worth more than my money, so I'll just buy it."

Right now, the price is high enough that most peoples first reaction would be "lol #########, did they add an extra zero at the end by mistake?"

The point of a microtransaction is so that it's either small enough for the player to not notice money is being spent or small enough for the player not to care. This is currently neither.
  • deadwolfwalking

and i'd like to add - i'm not mad, salty or protesting the game itself. i love the game and have every intention to play just as frequently as ever.... this was just a question on rationality of the high prices.... i'm not poor. i don't have to collect cans to pay my electric bill.... BUT i don't have 10 bucks to throw down on an outfit i'll never even see outside of the character select option....

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I do agree the prices are a bit higher than I expected, but I would not say they are too expensive. They are also purely cosmetic and several can be purchased via in game grinding, I am fine with the prices. My wife on the other hand, she is not too happy with the price of the skins (mainly because she wants to buy like 8 of them at once).

• Manta
    Manta Member Posts: 117
    The $10 ones are only the "super cool" skins for each character though-  there are lots of cheaper ones available. I do think the uniqueness of these $10 skins warrants the price tag, to keep them rarer in the game. If everyone ran them, they'd soon become common and less special
  • Sleepy
    Sleepy Member Posts: 107

I love this game and I want the developers to continue developing this game, so I WILL be buying some skins for my killers. Sure, I can't see them, but it's nice to be different.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Micro-transactions are cool and all... but um, $10? That's a little much for a three-piece cosmetic...

• deadwolfwalking

@Sleepy said:
    I love this game and I want the developers to continue developing this game, so I WILL be buying some skins for my killers. Sure, I can't see them, but it's nice to be different.

different is much better.... i agree. thats why i don't camp, avoid tunneling, ignore t-baggers, give the hatch away and drop a 'gg' even if i get wrecked.... and it didn't cost me 10 bucks to do it....

• Sleepy
    Sleepy Member Posts: 107

@deadwolfwalking I already do this, although I'm not sure what "tunneling" is. I don't camp regular players unless I'm against a trolly 4-man SWF. I ignore t-baggers and push them towards the exit.

I don't give the hatch away, it's not something to give away, it's a game mechanic and the survivor has to escape without my aid of letting them.

If I get wrecked I type gg too.

No, it cost you the game price to do it, cause without the game you wouldn't be able to. ;)

And still, I will buy myself 1 skin at most, for the killer that I use the most.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

The very rare skins are $10, but the rare, uncommon, and common are lower. For example, Dwight's very rare is $10, his rares are 7-8, uncommons are 2.70, and commons are 1.35. Hag's very rare is $10, rare is $7, commons are 1.35.

You don't have to buy the very rare skins if you don't want although I think some characters, currently, only have very rare/rare bundles with some individual pieces sprinkled in there so you don't have as many options... yet. If you don't want to spend the premium on the very rare, you should wait until the commons come out or maybe they will have some kind of cosmetics sale.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Well.
    Cosmetics are cosmetics.
    But 10$ for a full skin is indeed a bit weird for a 20$ game and a 6-7$ chapter. (without sales)

Maybe they did make studies about the most proficient prices, and 10$ could be accurate considering some other games can have stupid skins for 300$+ (yeah, I look at you, CS:GO, PUBG and Fortnite)

In any case, that last DLC sure is higher quality content than the previous ones, and if they keep that standart, I could live with pricy skins.

• deadwolfwalking

@Sleepy

tunneling is when you ignore other players and focus heavily on one particular person.... especially in a venerable state.... and if i have 3 kills and the survivors weren't particularly rude, i have no issue with dropping the last guy in the hatch. i had a good match and theres no reason not to share a victory....

treat yourself to a skin or two. no big deal to me. but i won't be paying that much for em....

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    After looking at the prices and doing some math, the $20 deal is the worst one of them all(usually $20 is one of the most popular if not the most popular deal in games). And i agree they are a little high but I’m just glad they aren’t loot boxes and you get to pick what you want unlike some other games
  • Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Its not an obligation to buy them.  

See from the other way around, they are cosmetic rewards for financially supporting the game.  

You dont need to buy them ever, you can save up your pennies every day and eventually afford it if thats what you want, or you can plat with another skin that doesnt cost as much or that you can get with shards.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@deadwolfwalking said:
    i can understand charging for any new content. and making alot of it available through play time is incredibly generous.... BUT charging as much as 10+ dollars for 1 skin? thats the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of.... you want to make this game fun. you want to generate an interest. i don't understand how you feel that price is even remotely fair....

Here is my explanation:
    Everything started with freddy, it was a interesting concept so a lot of DLCs were bought to play freddy. However, survivors cried about "OP", so he got nerfed into oblivion. Killers now hesitate buying new killers and will wait a decent amount of time after the release till evreyone has figured out how good the new killer is.
    New killers will never be really strong because survivors would cry about it and because it would rise "p2w" questions, so why should you buy DLCs? Killers will be weak, survivors are all the same and perks can be acquired in the shrine too.

The solution is to do it like every other game. Give players the chance to buy cosmetics.
    In the cosmetic store you can see that the survivor side has been given a lot more love than the killer side. This is due to the fact that killers will hesitate to spend money for a game where they dont know how long they keep playing (balance issues etc)

The solution is to increase prices for skins to milk those players who would pay money anyway and dont really care about he amount. Look at all the DBD streamer e.g. who will gladly buy all the shiny outfits to troll the killer even harder.

All this is coming from a main-killer perspective, so it might be a bit biased, but I tried to use rational arguments :wink:

• deadwolfwalking

@Master

i don't see an 'answered' button so i 'awesomed' you instead.... yeah. it makes sense now.... and i find that incredibly sad....

• steezo_de

@Master said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Here is my explanation:
    Everything started with freddy, it was a interesting concept so a lot of DLCs were bought to play freddy. However, survivors cried about "OP", so he got nerfed into oblivion. Killers now hesitate buying new killers and will wait a decent amount of time after the release till evreyone has figured out how good the new killer is.
    New killers will never be really strong because survivors would cry about it and because it would rise "p2w" questions, so why should you buy DLCs? Killers will be weak, survivors are all the same and perks can be acquired in the shrine too.

The solution is to do it like every other game. Give players the chance to buy cosmetics.
    In the cosmetic store you can see that the survivor side has been given a lot more love than the killer side. This is due to the fact that killers will hesitate to spend money for a game where they dont know how long they keep playing (balance issues etc)

The solution is to increase prices for skins to milk those players who would pay money anyway and dont really care about he amount. Look at all the DBD streamer e.g. who will gladly buy all the shiny outfits to troll the killer even harder.

All this is coming from a main-killer perspective, so it might be a bit biased, but I tried to use rational arguments :wink:

I don't think that's the case here considering they're releasing 4 DLCs in the next year. Cosmetics are separate sales but they both achieve the same thing: additional revenue.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@steezo_de
    what is your explanation then that the cosmetic prices are so insanely high?
    Shouldnt additional revenue incoming make it possible to lower to prices?

• deadwolfwalking

@Master said:
    @steezo_de
    what is your explanation then that the cosmetic prices are so insanely high?
    Shouldnt additional revenue incoming make it possible to lower to prices?

checkmate.... :D

• steezo_de

Oh I'm not saying that they're not high, but I do believe in options and if someone wants to pay $10 to be different and someone is unwilling to spend it, it gives the very-rare skin additional value than price itself. It's a model I don't mind because to me $10 isn't insane, it's high. That's all.

As for the reason why they're high, my guess is because they can? This game is going on two years old and they need to keep making money. Maybe they had someone draw up data to see if this was a feasible pricing model to achieve a good flow that can help maintain salaries. If nobody buys, then my guess is that they will lower the prices but if people are willing to buy them, then why would they? Using additional revenue in one area to make another area cheaper doesn't make sense to me, especially if their goal is to make money for continued development.

The common and uncommon skins are cheap. 135 - 270 AC for the bundled ones. The only problem I have is that they're not available for all characters yet but they were saying they have more planned so we'll see.