The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SWF needs to be shown to killer

Zarr0ch
Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

SWF groups greater than 2 needs to be shown to killer in the lobby.

The killer needs to get a 10% speed buff if 3 or 4 in the group are SWF

The killer needs 25% boost to recovery speed

The killer need 25% more BPs for playing a match against SWF.

This way, the same can still be balanced around low rank players and solo queue. But the SWF bully groups will have a harder time. (Even give the killer a 5th perk slot to add lightborn or another perk, but limit the 5th to only a handful or perks)

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Zarr0ch

Show the solo person that the others are SWF as well then. Plus, if the solo played the match stealthy, then that solo would get the advantage of the other communicating anyway.

Take kindred and bam, no problem

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Not to the extent near 100% m1s do and super fast killers would.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Bad idea imo. Higher information in game is what’s needed and the new UI does that.

• Zarr0ch

Maybe so, but on the other hand, based on balancing the game, the killer is being punished by the survivors communicating.

Why should the killer be punished over the survivor?

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

This has to be the dumbest thing I've read in a long while.

But yeah, OP's idea is a bit crazy. If we could just see who was in a SWF, that would be a thousand times better TBH.

• Zarr0ch

Well...clearly my numbers would need to be adjusted based on balance etc etc.

Also, perhaps the solo survivor in a 3 man SWF could get buffed to match the killers buff so they are not disadvantaged by a killers speed increase etc.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

Your sugestions are too extreme. I think that limiting the amount of perks that can be brought by SWF it's already a good start, this way you don't have to deal with 4 DH, DS, UB and BT.

Also the extra BPS to deal with bullshit would be nice

• ArchFox
    ArchFox Member Posts: 205

I feel like telling the killer which survivors are in a SWF would be enough

• Zarr0ch

Clearly it would need to be tested and balances, perhaps an extra perk is to much. But...if the PTB was used properly, we could test this type of thing between patches. Too OP? fine, that get found out on the PTB, then it can be tweaked.

• Zarr0ch

Well..maybe, But always asked for heaps, then they offer just this....its a win :)

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

No one should be punished. But if you're not going to fix the problem in such a way where someone doesn't has to be screwed, it doesn't really matter to say "No, ######### them instead!"

It's just taking turns deciding who gets punished and it's a meaningless solution.

If you're really set on this speed boost, how about instead, getting into a chase with the individual SWF members grants the killer a level of Bloodlust determined by their SWF size. That way, the killer is given a definitive advantage against the actual group, whilst the guy all on his own isn't thrown under the bus and can still play the regular game.

• Zarr0ch

"If you're really set on this speed boost, how about instead, getting into a chase with the individual SWF members grants the killer a level of Bloodlust determined by their SWF size. That way, the killer is given a definitive advantage against the actual group, whilst the guy all on his own isn't thrown under the bus and can still play the regular game."

See, this is why we have the forums, Idea's get run through more minds. This isnt bad.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Yeah, that would be necessary for the kind of change that you're thinking of.

However, buffing survivors at all is not exactly a good idea, and I'd rather play as an un-buffed killer against a normal survivor than a juiced-up killer against an equally juiced-up survivor.

• DownUnder
    DownUnder Member Posts: 19

Going against a 3-4 man decent SWF is the most unpleasent experience in the game simply, because everything gets done waaay too fast and if combined with toxic BHVR (lmao)... yeah you need fresh air.

My heart says: BAN ALL SWF GROUPS!!!44

My mind says: Show only in POSTgame chat which players were in group + give killers extra BP for compensation. For example: 3man - 75% I 4man - 100%.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Yes. Better nerf SWF survivors instead of buffing killer

• Kolossoni
    Kolossoni Member Posts: 371

There are plenty of killers who excel versing Solo-queue survivors.

They complain and are told to work more as a team.

The best team ever to be made, SWF happens and killers complain saying it's too hard to counter them.

So what's the solution for survivors?

Try and work as a team as solo queues (AKA headless chickens) or not play as a team in SWFs altogether?

Someone needs to stop crying here.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Uhhhhh no. Just.. just no.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

Or just give those buffs to the solo to encourage and balance more solo play.

Plus limiting survivor perks defo doesnt seem necessary. I rarely get hit with DS or BT when playing killer and with the DS change its becoming a pure anti-tunnel perk. Defo no need to limit them.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

How about instead we buff survivors who are solo. Solo Survivors are 10% faster, they heal 10% faster, and do generators 10% faster. They also get 4 hook states.

No, wait. That's just a terrible idea and not fun for anyone. Just like your idea. My bad.

• Ni7rogen
    Ni7rogen Member Posts: 80

The first part, yes.

All the rest, no.

The only simple and nice solution would be have a link between survivors when they're playing together, just like Overwatch did long time ago when people play together, what is the issue that comes with it, killers would quit at 3 or 4-man squad, and probably BHVR doesn't want the red ranks significantly drop down because not everyone would play against them.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 456

It's really just needs to be shown who is SWF on the post game screen. I often get accused of being in a SWF when I'm solo, and I often assume I went against a SWF when I have a terrible killer game.

What is it going to hurt to show it post game?

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

Which group hurt you the most during your right of passage?

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

This would absolutely hit solo queue survivors. No one wants to spend time on a gen as it is let alone with all of the slowdown perks already existing in the game. Taking that into account it will cause these players to just find the killer cause everything else will be extremely boring and then more threads on the forums will pop up crying about swf and proposing changes that seem like they took 5 minutes while pooping to think of.

• Kolossoni
    Kolossoni Member Posts: 371

And that's the fault of SWFs... how?

You do realize giving incentives towards killers who verse SWFs not going to really change anything right?

It's like a killer with OP perks and OP addons.

Do I like it? No. Is it fun? No.

But is it part of the game that is inevitable and must be accepted nonetheless? Yes.

If killers are incentivized for versing SWFs, then solo survivors should get it too.

Solo needs to get a 10% speed buff if 3 or 4 in the group are SWF

Solo needs 25% boost to recovery speed

Solos need 25% more BPs for playing a match with SWF.

• katapad
    katapad Member Posts: 55

I'd take the extra BP and being shown the SWF groups. Anything else just breaks the game.

Honestly, I think making an overhaul to perks from mostly "...notification when..." to "...reveal aura when..." would slap down a lot of frustration with SWFs. Being able to see what the survivors are doing lets the killer react to what the group is doing without hurting what a single skillful survivor can do too much, like the change to Iron Maiden (even though that perk really has no purpose).

Hopefully the new matchmaking takes SWF into account as it should, as most games do. Large boost to MMR when playing with a group. That is, whenever the change actually happens.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

then they can just pick a damn 4th up or send one packing and play duo if not solo, or get used to waiting 30 minutes to play since nobody wants to put up with them

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

well it would be fun for me since 99.5% of the time I'm solo

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Or we could just use the solution I listed out after that so people aren't punished for playing solo.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I'd be fine with awarding bonus bp after the match. It'd be nice to know if I was up against a team post-game, don't really need/want to know before.

• edgardot02
    edgardot02 Member Posts: 149
    edited March 2021

*slightly nerf SWF survivors gen speed and healing speed.

*3 SWF don't apply the nerf to the solo guy.

*25% more bloodpoints in all categories for killer if is facing against 3 or 4 SWF.

*don't let repeated costumes or characters.

*don't let repeat more than 2 items example: more than 2 flashlight in a single lobby.

*make borrowed time a passive skill (no perk need it) to all survivors but nerf decisive strike, unbreakable or dead hard to compensate.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,732

From what I have seen of the dev's methods, they aren't interested in 'punishing' anyone in any role so nurfing SWF of any size is out (like repair debuff, another perk, restricting # of perks, etc).

Something like half of all survs are in at least a two-man squad so removing SWF is out.

They know showing SWF in the lobby will lead to dodging & bad queue times so that is out. Also they resist heavily changes that may split the community so no separate queues either.

They cannot do a thing about comms, so best imo to get solos more info however they can. This they seem to be doing in baby steps. If the new MMR and these changes do a darn thing to close the coordination & info gap, then they would buff killers to rebalance.

• laterzDBD
    laterzDBD Member Posts: 3

LOL can tell from the post that ur hurt by good survivors.

1, u cant punish ppl for wanting to play the game with friends. 2, learn how to play against swf..hint: we're really altruistic. 3, ONLY BABYS cry about flashlights. learn how to bait flash saves. 4, i swf with different ppl and we all lose against really good killers. almost every time I play umbra, scott, hexy, etc., we lose. it's not invincible lmaoo. go complain about killer 50 4Ks streaks, not swf. I suggest buffing solo queue with quick chat options :D

• Zarr0ch

Wow this got some salt from the bully SWF’ers didn’t it LOL.

I appreciate the feedback from the people that have manners and are happy to discuss ideas and things, that’s how a discussion works.

Seems the salty unwashed masses can’t see outside their own little bubble.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

DBD is the only game where the community tries to punish playing with friends.

• Kellie
    edited March 2021

You think a 10% speed buff just because people are playing with friends is balanced?

• Zarr0ch

It’s an idea, if you bothered to read more than just the post you might have seen me talk about the ptb and finding the right balance

• Kellie

I did read more, and the more I read the more it made my head hurt.

Not every SWF is a "bully squad" looking to make your experience miserable.

• Kellie

The only who can ruin the balance of the game is devs, not the ones that are playing it.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Buff Killer when there is swf is not a way, the game being balanced around what it currently have. We just need to add reward for Killer who face swf, or/and telling there is swf when the game already starts, or at least who is in swf in post game

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

nah just tell the killer it was swf in the end game screen so they can't lie about it.