The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

My proposed change for NOED

TauNkosi
TauNkosi Member Posts: 282
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Don't get me wrong, I hate this perk with a burning passion and believe it should be removed from the game but I know that's not gonna happen so instead, I'm going to propose a change that award good players, not bad players.

Change:

When the last gen is completed, NOED activates. All survivors who have reached the second hate state by your hand scream and suffer from the exposed status effect for as long as this totem stands.

There. Fixed. It rewards good players for actually playing the objective and is virtually useless for bad players unless they get their asses in gear and actually start hooking people if they want to see any kind of benefit from this perk.

The scream is there for two reasons. First as a warning for the survivors that you have NOED and to help the killer locate said survivors. The haste status effect remains the same.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,014

The only thing I would really change is remove the speed buff, other than that I think it's fine

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

The speed buff for NOED won't be removed unless the perk is reworked because BHVR has all their perks scale off of something because of how they have progression / perk tiers.

If perk tiers weren't a thing NOED could honestly be more fair. Hell I'd consider NOED specifically for the movement speed buff. To me the Exposed status is just the icing on the cake. With NOED I can patrol both exit gates far easier if needed as well as patrolling my totem. That's the strength of NOED.

The way I would rework the perk as is would be instead of passively getting 4% movement speed you just get it during chase. That way the speed transition would be more obvious and there would be more of a tell to survivors unless BHVR decides just to announce people are exposed which would make it much less frustrating overall to deal with.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

I like the direction this change is going in. Rewards the killer for playing well with an extra bit of momentum at the end. I would however maybe change it slightly to once you have a certain amount of hooks all survivors get exposed, as the problem I have with your idea is you could have 4 hooks throughout the game and have all survivors exposed meaning you most likely didn't play great, while another game you could have 7 hooks, with one survivor dead, two on death hook and one yet to be hooked, and that yet to be hooked survivor can play very defensive for his team.

Still this is a step in the right direction

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,014

Or do the opposite where you get the movement speed until you get into a chase, both could be good!

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328

NOED is fine as is. Just try to get rid of the totems and BAM, no NOED to get you. I still don't get the hate of NOED. I mean, of course it sucks when you get hit with it, but it's your own fault for not take a few seconds to get rid of a totem or remembering where they spawned when you see them.

And no, I don't use NOED myself.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Why does NOED need a nerf?

• TauNkosi

Because it rewards bad players. That's why so many use it. My change is for it to reward good players.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I haven't seen NOED in a long time.

You really only need to cleanse totems. Also, don't go back for the player on the hook. If that's their only hook, that's a de-pip. Not exactly a reward.

• TauNkosi

"Just do totems" is an invalid argument that ignores the overall problem. It's like saying, "just pressure gens" when a game is going by faster than it should.

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328

Tell me what's so invalid about that argument? It is THE counter against noed, but okay, this argument is invalid (probably because it doesnt is your playstyle to do totems, but that's just an assumption from my side).

I find it funny that people cry about they want a secondary objective, which are the totems, and as a reward noed is disabled for the killer and you won't get hit by it.

But I guess people only want easy games where they just can ignore totems, blast the gens away and escape.

Mind you that NOED already has been nerfed at least twice. In the beginning it was up all the time when the gates where powered, then it was on a 2 minute timer and now its a hex perk which can be disabled on forehand.

So just stop crying about it.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

You have things backwards. NOED does not reward "bad" Killers; it punishes "bad" Survivors, i.e. those that do not do the OTHER objective, i.e. Totems. NOED is fine the way it is now. It is a high risk, potentially high yield, Hex. Killers take a gamble putting it in; they play a Perk down in the hope that Survivors don't bother cleansing Totems. Survivors take a gamble on whether or not to dedicate time and resources to doing Totems or not. That's it. That is the whole equation. The Perk work exactly as intended now.

• albarty123
    albarty123 Member Posts: 36

Noed is ok, u r just green rank or lower.