What do you think the new perks will be for the chapter?

dspaceman20
dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Personally I feel one of the best things about the game is the perks as they can provide a variety of play styles.

With the new chapter there is obviously going to be new perks with the killer and survivors so in your opinion what new perks do you hope is created?

Comments

• Kolossoni
    Kolossoni Member Posts: 371
    edited March 2021

For survivors:

More with totems tbh.

So that more survivors actually do totems and not run pass them.

For killers:

Short blinding per hit sounds cool.

So that killers get more opportunity to chase a survivor than losing sight.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

Survivor: Mobility, distraction or strategy during chases.

Killer: Ability to control and ability to make survivors scream.

I imagine them pretty cool and horrifying but can't explain them in words.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

Survivor: completely useless, uninteresting, boring, recycled perks.

Killer: one broken perk, one good perk, one meme perk.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062

All this neon stuff and the "rewind" teaser makes me think the Killer is gonna be movement-focused, so I could imagine the Killer getting a speed boosting perk, like PWYF. Maybe a Gentrap-type perk like Dragons Grip, where if a Survivor touches the gen after it's kicked, the Survivor screams and the Killer gets like a 15% speed boost for 15 seconds.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Hoping for an interresting chase perk.

We haven't had a good one in a while

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Killer:

• Gen slowdown perk (that attempts to counter the current meta)
    • Gen progress detection perk (that will be ignored like 90% of the other gen detection perks)
    • Healing perk that reduces the time survivors need to heal BUT while doing so, they have a higher skill check chance.

Survivor:

• anti tunnel perk (DS got nerfed, so we need a new king)
    • perk that increases the max uses of 1 time use perks (enjoy getting stabbed for 8 times)
    • perk that refreshes the exhaustion timer of the teammates while being close.
  • Satori
    Satori Member Posts: 75
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
  • KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited March 2021

Survivor Perks

Scream for Me

After 30/20/15 seconds in the killer's terror radius while not in chase, Scream For Me will activate. You can scream, notifying the killer of your location.

DANCE BATTLE

While on the hook, if a killer is within 15 meters of you for more than 60 seconds, this perk will activate. The killer will then begin a DANCE BATTLE and start dancing uncontrollably. For 5/10/15 seconds, the killer will lose control and just DANCE and be unable to attack during that time.

body rolls

While not injured, press the active button as the killer hits you to avoid the hit, making the killer miss. Causes exhaustion for 60/50/45 seconds.

KILLER PERKS

HEX: Breakdance

After hitting a survivor with a basic attack, all breakable walls within a 10 meter radius will be broken. Has a 90/80/70 second cooldown.

HEX: hidden talent

Causes all hex totems to appear as regular totems. After being broken, receive the haste status for 40/50/60 seconds.

Fire & Desire

After hitting a survivor with a basic attack 4 times, all vaults within a 20 meter radius will be blocked for 10/20/30 seconds.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062

Actually, I am suprised there is still not a Killer-equivilant to Ace In The Hole. You think that would be an obvious thing to make, but it's still not in the game. Gives you random Addons if you dont have any already, plus lets you keep your addons if you kill at least 4/3/2 survivors (Tier 1/2/3). It would be pretty funny/irritating if you were trying to run it and then ended up randomly getting like Speed Limiter or something instead of a good or even decent addon.

• sayyestoheaven
    sayyestoheaven Member Posts: 6

With the chapter having a k-pop character, if they're the survivor I wouldn't doubt that they'd be group perks to speed progress!

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Yeah. Exposed perks gets stale after a while.

Something like "each time you hook a survivor, you move 5% faster during your hit cooldown up to a maximum of 20/25/30%"

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

What I want (although I dont expect)

Killer

- perk that affects all killer belongings (totems too) and increases the durability of each (takes longer to disarm, destroy, etc).

-another basement based perk (maybe basement hooked survivors auras aren't revealed to survivors)

-perk that causes a couple random pallets at start of game to have effects for the match (something like deepwounds) when vaulted by survivor. Survivors won't know until they vault

-perk that allows killer to pin a downed survivor to a spot for 3 seconds.

Survivor

-perk that allows chests to have two items

-perk that allows survivor to have increased luck and borrowed time effects against killers who are facecamping you. Can be triggered on any hook phase

- perk that allows the survivor to put up one or two breakable walls on a map

- perk that increasing altruistic activity speed and offers a good BP bonus (sort of a BBQ and chili equivalent for survivors)

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Niche stuff with extremely situational uses and/or absurd amount of prerequisites, bonus points if they affect an irrelevant aspect of the game or are designed with newcomers in mind.

In other words, trash and memes.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,711

I don't have any specific reason to believe this, but maybe we'll get some kinda new perk system, like the Hex System or Obsession System. It's been a while since we've gotten a new system of perks with unique functionality.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,095

One Survivor Perk will be called OP of course. Remember those other OP-Perks we got? Power Struggle, Desperate Measures, Soul Guard (even if this can be used, but far from OP), For the People and Breakout? Good times!

But I guess the Survivor Perks will be mediocre at best. Probably another "Get a Character to 40 and get their Perks on your Main"-Chapter for Survivors.

For Killer, I hope for some decent Perk which everyone can use, Tracking or Chase. No Slowdown please, we have enough Killers who already rely on too much Slowdown.

Then I guess there will be some situational Perk, which might be good on some Killers and not useful on others. And there will be one Perk which is like "Eh, I guess it exists".

Oh, and somewhat unrelated - cannot wait for the players who call the new Killer OP or too weak after playing exactly one game with them/against them.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Aw man, I remember the "DESPERATE MEASURES SWF OP FFS DEVS SURVIVOR SIDED" threads, comedy gold.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited March 2021

Either good or bad perks. Most likely bad perks.

• DrStone
    DrStone Member Posts: 132

I'm usually happy with even low tier meme perks. As long as I can get a niche build on a survivor I have fun. Each survivor I play has a different style. Makes it more fun for me.

What I'm wondering more is when we're getting anything new that shakes up the game in a big way. Like when obsession was introduced, breakable walls etc.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282

Healing perk is a dream come true for Autodidact. Pls behavior.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

At least one extremely strong (might not be meta though) survivor perk with 2 semi decent others. Killers will get 2 total trash perks and 1 perk that is a potential meme perk with one specific build.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

For killer:

A hex perk with a long ass cooldown and special condition to activate, may or may not be worth it

A perk that gets complained about at first but doesn't end up being that good

A perk that synergizes SUPER GOOD with one random unused perk and a set of addons on one specific killer

For survivor:

A meme perk that is super fun when it works, which is 1% of the time

A perk that helps you get back on your feet when not doing well, probably when you get unhooked

A perk that unlocks a new interaction, but it's not worth doing because it's 4 extra seconds you're not slamming a generator

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

Pharmacy but for flashlights. That's all I want please add it as a perk.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited March 2021

* Perk that will sound OP but in reality barely anyone will use it.

* Perk that will sound Bad but in reality it will have decent use.

* Perk(s) to filler / meme / trash.

* Hex with cooldown