The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers want to have fun too :-)

I see a lot of complaining for NOED, tunneling, and other killer perk/actions that actually help the killer to achieve their goal..

So, from the killers perspective what are those things that survivors do that you just wish they stop doing?

In my case I dislike loopers a lot.. they just want to waste your time as a distraction which helps their team but is boring for the killer..

What about those survivors that will taunt you into following them..

I just made peace on the fact that I will eventually face toxic players and I will behave toxic too and just enjoy the game..

Comments

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566

By loopers, do you mean people that taunt you into chasing them or survivors just looping in general? Because if it’s the latter, what are they supposed to do during a chase? Just jump on the hook?

I think the only thing that I truly dislike going against is OoO as it’s such a broken perk, but it’s being reworked soon, so happy times.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    edited March 2021

Sprint burst. If you use sprint burst you can not call yourself a good player, period.

Also trying to rush a gen while you're trying to hook someone nearby, or popping a gen right in front of your face. It's tryharding and you're just forcing me to tryhard too....which is dumb because you're the one thats gonna cry I didn't play fair after the game.

Also and probably most importantly, dead hard for distance. If you're a red rank survivor you shouldn't need a crutch get out of trouble free perk. I loop killers without the training wheels.

• killz4fun
    killz4fun Member Posts: 165

The ones that just run around in circles, like throwing pallets and running around them... and by your logic TUNNELING is the best, or what does the killer supposed to do? To let them flee and get healed or hook the weakest link? 😎

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    edited March 2021

You loop killers without training wheels because your most likely a low rank survivor facing bad killers. Also how does me using a perk make me bad at the game, because you can honestly say the same for Every perk.

• killz4fun

I like intoxicating them from the distance (with the clown) when that happens 😎😎

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Yeah I just starting to not have much fun as killer anymore. Even getting a 4k doesn't feel that exciting if it makes you feel like you are grinding your face against a cheese grater. I just got back in the game again after a 2 year break and am already considering giving it another break after a month back

• NeonFlowerPower
    NeonFlowerPower Member Posts: 135
    edited March 2021

Umm, looping is literally how you play DBD. Interactions in chases are why DBD is a fun game.

I dislike exhaustion perks(head on is fine), map offerings, and keys. Everything else I do not care about.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Oh killers just wanna have fun

That's all they really want.

( can you guess the song)

But in all seriousness as a survivor main I would say play however you want as long as it's not toxic I guess.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054

I've had cocky players try to stand close to the exit when I'm playing my man clown, and I have 8 stacks of STBFL and flask of bleach. Few of them didn't make it out.

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566

But what are they supposed to do? It seems like you’re complaining for the sake of complaining lol. If I drop a pallet and the killer doesn’t break it, of course I’m going to loop them around it as leaving that area makes no sense.

No, by my logic tunnelling isn’t the best, but if that’s what you want to do, go right ahead. 😘

• killz4fun

It's a game where the goal is to kill or survive.. the goal itself is toxic 😎

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    edited February 21

Post edited by DangerScouse on
  • GodLikeTerror
  • Dizzy1096

Ahahahaha that’s what me and my friends call it too! They should slap the Fisher Price logo on that perk. Ages 12months+

• GodLikeTerror

You best bet every baby meg has it on. :) I swear whenever I see a baby meg I'm like come on meg I'm ready for the sprint burst.

• Dizzy1096

Bahahaha I love it. The sprint burst justification says it all. No offence but the posts I have seen from you so far give off the indication that you’re a fairly casual player of games in general who doesn’t understand how balance or skill works in videogames. Developers and designers can be bad too you know, not everything is balanced just because it’s in the game.

Also no sweetie I am not low rank nor do I face bad killers. I’ve played this game for years and gone against the best of the best. That’s how I learned how to hold my own in a chase, years of practise. At some point you learn to last long enough consistently that you can take off the training wheels. It’s understandable though if you’re not there yet and need the game to hand you your first pallet for free as a bit of a head start.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

You’ve been playing this game for years yet you still face camp survivors with leather face just for playing the game?

Also, based on what you’re saying about SB I’m assuming you think it’s broken which is sad.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Being body blocked by BT while ACTIVELY TRYING TO NOT TUNNEL! That the only reason I tunnel relentlessly. If you jump in my face body blocking with a perk designed keep you from being targeted off hook, I'll give you the attention, over and over, I'll eat DS, I will devote every second to making you regret it.

• The_Nightmare69
    The_Nightmare69 Member Posts: 55

I truly with a burning passion hate survivors spamming second chance perks. Like I will hook a survivor against all odds because the whole team body blocks me whilst trying to hook my catch. They don't care I hit them because they're all running: DS/BT/endurance/DH/self-care/sprint burst.

I know not all of them are second chance perks but they help a lot. Yesterday I had a game where I was being forced into loops by a claudette she was tea bagging at every chance she got. If I came a little too close she would just use DH and onto the next loop. I finally got her, hooked her, her team-mates immediately got her of hook, she then used herself as a human shield and endurance kicked in putting her in the deep wound state (orange health bar) then I got her down again, she used DS. And to top it all off she had adrenaline so my decision to slug her in the end game was big mistake too.

I generally hate it when survivors spam these perks and then proceed to use themselves as human shields or just weaponize the perks. It is supposed to be an anti-tunnel perk but it has just become a weapon to annoy the killer at this point.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I dislike teams that play extremely efficiently and don't go for unhooks, I dislike teams that bully killers the moment they realise they have an advantage, I dislike survivors that abuse second chance perks, and I really, really, genuinely loathe anyone arrogant and ignorant enough to bring three friends into an advantageous map with a key, a hatch offerring, medkits, full second chance meta and OoO, and proceed to bully the killer and pretend that everything was fair and they didn't stack the deck so heavily in their favour that they would probably win even if someone DC's in 10 seconds.

• Dizzy1096

I rarely see baby megs these days but to be honest I don’t mind baby survivors running it, I understand it.

It’s when it’s rank 1 P3 Claudettes with second chance perks galore that run it that I get tilted. Its the biggest no skill crutch build in the entire game. You just hide in bushes to not be seen, and if by some miracle the killer does spot you then you have your free escape perk. These players are completely carried.

If you’re red rank you should not be using or relying on sprint burst. In fact I’d say the same applies to purple rank too.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Survivor Mains: "Did I ask?"

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Body blocking used to bother me, but it's a valid enough target, and I'm the one with a weapon, while they are the ones offering up free hits, so it doesn't bother me anymore.

Flashlight stuns at pallets used to as well, but I've learned that a survivor who wastes time going for the blind at a pallet is also useless with the flashlight in almost every other circumstance, so let them get the blind points then knock them down.

• ThonMaïs
    ThonMaïs Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2021

I got blamed for loosing a game.

Not in a "you're a noob way", mind you. They told me "we all depipe". Like that's my fault. Bad map, mid killer, noob player (me), they rekted me and it's MY fault. Sometimes, ppl baffled me. So there's that.

In general, any proof of disrespect bother me. And for the record, croutching multiple times is bad manner, I don't care if you and your SO are the two people in your area who use it to communicate politely. For everyone else it's t-bagging and not appreciated.

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312

the thing is you aren't gonna get an argument from a #########!ng meg head

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I kinda have to disagree even if I am a Killer main. I love getting looped, for me fun and satifaction is not of killing or hooking, it is having mindgames with the survivor I chase and trying to outsmart him, using everything that is in my surrounding or power to outplay him. So I personally love getting looped.

Gen rush is the thing I hate, sadly there is little to none you can do about that.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

Who says everyone in red rank is using it as a crutch? It's so silly to me that every perk HAS to be being used for [THIS/THAT] purpose. A good amount of players who use Sprint Burst don't use it because they NEED it, but because it's FUN. Staying too long at a particular spot before the killer knows you have SB and then making them miss a swing as you take off is funny to a lot of players. Just making the killer think he has you in a bad spot without actually being in a bad spot is fun in general. I know several players who like to equip SB along with Saboteur, Break Out, a flashlight, etc.

In any case, sure, a lot of survivors in red rank ARE using it because they can barely survive without it. A LOT of red rank survivors are... quite frankly... not that good at the game LMAO

But I wouldn't go so far as to generalize and say that every survivor who uses Sprint Burst in red ranks is using it because they need it as a crutch LOL

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

This is a stick-up, everybody get face-down

• HeckaYeah
    HeckaYeah Member Posts: 187

This sounds like a rare case tbh. As a Survivor main, I almost NEVER see this... And if I do it's almost always a TTV or "SubToMyYT". And, personally, if I see abuse to these perks or the bait the killer I have absolutely NO issue with leaving you on hook :)

Just like if you drop a pallet on me after seeing that I was behind you, I will let the killer have you. Someone else can unhook you (especially if I've unhooked you safely and I'm coming in to heal you) SMH it's clear they don't want help lol so let's give them what they want :)

I'm in it for a fair game tbh if I made a mistake let's take a field trip to a hook, if I can do it with bt I'll do it but you had best bet if you abuse it that's a no- go for me.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

######### jesus, stop using that emoji. You write like a facebook mom.

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    SuperSaiyan4GT Member Posts: 144

Toxic works both sides. Looping is part of the game. Tunneling is not. My only issue is tunneling and camping. Makes a killer look pathetic and desperate for the sacrifice. It's a cat and mouse game. I hate it when people go in for the save only for the killer to turn around and chase the survivor that was just on the hook.

• killz4fun

Tunneling is as justified as looping.. killer gets penalized if survivors heal.. and also a faster way to cripple the other team.. deal with it

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Disconnecting.

I can get no joy out of killing you if you just leave.

• killz4fun

@HeckaYeah I've seen this on teams that know each other.. it's super annoying, toxic behavior at its worst.. and brings out my toxic game.. face camping, tunneling, etc.. and it's always the ones that get killed the ones that text afterwards, for me it's the cherry on top, to see how salty they are after losing to me brings tears of joy.. killers want to have fun too..

• The_Nightmare69
    The_Nightmare69 Member Posts: 55

yes those builds are likely to belong to streamers but it still second-chance perks are being weaponized and abused there is no denying that. let's be fair.

• HeckaYeah
    HeckaYeah Member Posts: 187

I thought I was lol. I said it was rare to see this behavior. *Shrug* anyone can abuse it, yes. It's just that I personally notice it more if it happens to be a streamer.

That, or they take really rewarding risks.

Not everyone uses and abuses, tho, you're right.