Killer Suggestion: The Golem

TreblucFayle
TreblucFayle Member Posts: 75

Concept:

A Golem, living stone. Perhaps (for lore purposes) a man turned into a golem.

Appearance:

The Golem Would be very large and bulky. Movements should be stiff and less organic.

Weapon:

• Your giant stone fists

Power: Juggernaut

• As The Golem engages in chases, they gain "Momentum". Charging the power up to three stages. Each stage includes a speed increase (similar to Myers). Speed at which "Momentum" is gained is affected by add-ons.
  • Hitting a survivor drops the stage by one.
  • Losing a survivor (being out of chase) for a certain amount of time causes loss of stages.
  • The Golem can not vault ledges, but once they have at least 2 stages of Momentum The Golem can "Smash" a ledge turning it permanently into a opening. This action drains 1 stage.
  • Add-ons can adjust and add to this power.

Perks:

Stone-Faced - When the killer is stunned in any way, the stun animation is prevented but the killer is still stopped in place and can't perform any actions. The killer never loses their ability to look around (even during the stun duration). Stun times are reduced by 5%/ 10%/ 15%

Heavy Handed - Your hits are heavier than normal, driving the survivor downward on each hit. The speed boost given to a survivor when hit is reduced by 50%/ 75%/ 100%

Thunderous Steps - The sound of your footsteps can be heard from 50%/ 75%/ 100% further away. Survivors can no longer determine the direction of the sound your footsteps.

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    You can't draw blood from a stoned Claudette.
  • tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Devs had a more OP version of this planned at one point. They scrapped it because balancing around a Killer that could alter the map itself brought too many issues... According to BHVR.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    While I doubt a killer who can alter the map will ever be in the game I will admit this would be a very cool addition to the game. As for the perks.. 

Stone-Faced: While it does sound very useful I can't help but wonder why you'd take this over Enduring?  Though I suppose to works with some actions which enduring does not so might work? I'm not sure. 

Heavy Handed: sounds like it would give you a similar benefit to Save the best for last except you still have to wait for the attack cooldown. Stacking the 2 together might make for a powerful combo though. 

Thunderous Steps: I think this would be alot better then it sounds. The increased distance they hear the footsteps would lead to alot of confusion and panic to people who can hear them. I do like this one a fair bit I'll be honest. 
  • TreblucFayle
    TreblucFayle Member Posts: 75

Yeah, I know that a map altering ability like this would probably never happen. It was just a fun addition that went with the theme I was making. The momentum effect itself is more the point of the power. Add-ons could be fun to toy with the power and/ or add effects to it.

@The_Fallen_Utopia

Stone-Faced could be used WITH enduring, LOL! But really the perk is more for maintaining sight of survivors after a stun. You would be able to maintain control of your view, and maybe even avoid a flashlight blind after a stun. I also thought it would be fun to use on nurse so she can keep sight of survivors after blinking.

Heavy-Handed WOULD combo awesomely with Save the Best For Last. You'd still have a slight slow during the cooldown, but the survivor wouldn't be able to get as far before you're in control again.

Thunderous steps is intended for exactly that purpose. Imagine hearing the footsteps of the stealthy killers like Myers or Freddy. Or even in chases you wouldn't be able to track the killer through walls as easily.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441

Yeah, I know that a map altering ability like this would probably never happen. It was just a fun addition that went with the theme I was making. The momentum effect itself is more the point of the power. Add-ons could be fun to toy with the power and/ or add effects to it.

@The_Fallen_Utopia

Stone-Faced could be used WITH enduring, LOL! But really the perk is more for maintaining sight of survivors after a stun. You would be able to maintain control of your view, and maybe even avoid a flashlight blind after a stun. I also thought it would be fun to use on nurse so she can keep sight of survivors after blinking.

Heavy-Handed WOULD combo awesomely with Save the Best For Last. You'd still have a slight slow during the cooldown, but the survivor wouldn't be able to get as far before you're in control again.

Thunderous steps is intended for exactly that purpose. Imagine hearing the footsteps of the stealthy killers like Myers or Freddy. Or even in chases you wouldn't be able to track the killer through walls as easily.

Thunderous Steps might combo well with Beast of Prey then if they ever actually make it a good perk.