Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

AFK or DC?

fake
fake Member Posts: 3,250

Hello, I would like to ask a question.

I saw this comment on the Japan forum, "I disconnected because the 360 turn broke my heart."

I replied like this, "That's not a reason to disconnect. Please put down the controller."

Then I got this reply, "Do you know that leaving it is a nuisance from the survivor's side?"

I consider it somewhat better to give up playing Killer and put down the controller than to disconnect, which would force the game to end.

If I'm playing Killer and I suddenly can't help myself, am I allowed to put the controller down? Or is it better to disconnect?

If leaving the controller is not an acceptable action at any time, it is very painful.

Answers

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

I had a terrible game today and I'm not sure if to call it a game. 3 survivors simply DC one after the other because of the killer.

The killer didn't even think about of letting me go.

Whatever the reason, leaving the game is very frustrating for other players. if anyone feels they can not handle the game properly, they should take a break and come back later.

I had games that were not fun at all, everything was frustrating and difficult but in order not to ruin the experience of others, i "swallowed" everything until the end. when i could not take it anymore, i just let the killer to catch me to die on the hook. and if i play as killer, i will do what i can and if the survivors are really good and annoying, i will ignore them and wait for the match to end.

You should always pay attention when you should take a break and remember not to take everything seriously.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

People shouldn't DC unless they absolutely have to (in other words, the match can't end). AFK is always better. As both survivor and killer, I've gotten some dumb tome challenges done because another player went AFK.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

Thank you all for your answers.

I am glad to see the agreement as I believe that intentional disconnection should never be allowed.

And I'm glad to hear a (slightly) more positive view of AFK, since my argument is that I'd rather put down the controller than disconnect.