Survivors, how do you feel when Killers aren't doing their objective?

Like, do you guys get annoyed when the Killer is just casually wandering or not even attempting to kill you with any kind of urgency? Basically throwing matches just to chase people around? Not being completely passive, but just messing around and not being an actual threat.

From your perspective, do you just feel like you've beaten a terrible Killer? Or does this make you feel like you were "robbed" of a match? Every few matches I like to just calm down and take it easy myself. I don't know, it's relaxing to be in the power role (lol) and not use it.

Is this bad for the game overall, or your individual experiences? What do you think? There isn't really a point to this topic, I'm just curious how this feels from your side. People who play both are obviously welcome to post too.

Comments

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

Well, if they're not actively attempting to get hooks, then its kind of a lame match imo. Just a case of do gens and leave. But if its more a case of hit and run, and they're still getting hooks but not exactly "tryharding" then there's nothing wrong with that

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Total waste if killer messing around. Camp, tunnel, slug do whatever you want just play to win.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

That's interesting because as a killer, I find that very boring. I like to give everyone a chance to play the game. Searching for slugged survivors is tedious.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

Snooze fest, I’d rather get tunneled out

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,228

Extremely annoying and makes me yearn for the good ol' days when there was no d/c penalty. Not only did I likely wait 5+ minutes only to be met with someone wanting to goof around and have "fun", I'm trapped in that match unless I want to eat a 5+ minute penalty. Split the queues between casual and ranked/competitive. Please and thank you.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

I feel relived. Like I go in wanting a game but I'm expecting sweat and tryhard, and when the killers like "nah I'm gonna let you all live" it feels like a relief.

AFK can be kinda boring if it's too frequent. Once in a week is no big deal. Just sucks when the game has you depip for it.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I feel annoyed. If I wanted to play KYF, I'd get some people together and play KYF.

• I_am_not_a_Killer
    I_am_not_a_Killer Member Posts: 13

I don't mean just popping into the match and literally doing nothing. It's hard to explain without visuals and both sides having different perspectives.

Do you enjoy playing against Killers who will essentially let you escape by obviously not playing hard, but still engages with Survivors' during the match? I guess. Sometimes you just really don't want to try super hard against a team at your level and others you can clearly tell that the Survivors are all very bad at escaping Killers, but you still want to play Dead by Daylight. So you take a step back for a match.

I was just curious what it feels like to encounter the casual Killers like this. The ones who do stuff like giving you the hatch/opening the door or very obviously giving up "tunneling" opportunities even though the unhooker was dumb enough to leave his friend out to dry, etc. I've never seen a Survivor give the Killer hooks or kills after all.

I don't know, guys. I am so tired, but I can't sleep.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

I play the both side and I can say that I prefer matches that I will face the killer. If the killer does not wanna face I will respect his choice and finish the match as soon as possible. Normally everybody should play their roles but nowadays there are many killers who are not playing and overall it's even hard to find killers which I understand the reason. Overall if the killer doesnt wanna play I feel like I earn a free win which I do not wanted to actually. But I understand and respect.

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92

There is nothing wrong with this, there is Nothing Wrong with Casual Killers. If someone is unhappy about it do your gens and leave, gets your dc penalty and leave.

Sometimes a casual killer is taking a break after having an SWF team murder them, yes it happens. Sometimes they have rift stuff they need to do, they've tried to get it by playing normally, have had no luck and are now messing around to get it.

This isn't aginist the rules and can be fun, expecally for Survivors who just had 4 sweaty spirits in a row, 2 face camping bubbas and 1 nurse who proxy camps the hell out of you.

So yes, a trapper who messes around on top of the bar at Dead Dog Saloon with you is nice, a pig who let's you boop the snoot and then let's you be is fun, a ghost face playing tag with you and the rest of the team is great. And sometimes a needed break

Sorry all that happened last night and I'm still grateful to all my fun Killers.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I find it annoying, because I don't want a free pip. I want to fight for it. I want to learn and improve.

But I don't want to kill the fun for my teammates if I see they enjoy the "farm", so I join to heal and get downed by the Killer to wiggle free right after. I mean, it doesn't happen often, I'm fine with it.

I totally agree and I wish I can upvote your post one hundred times.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I do this a couple times a night. Always after a sweaty SWF eats me alive. Just play casually, try to hook of course, extend chases a bit, and generally give Survivors some leeway to mess around if they want. Keep track of hook counts and go for 2 each, but if someone wants to die I'll toss them up there and let them get out early.

Almost all matches end up with everyone get phat BP, and I normally get some thank yous in the post-game. Get the occasional where people will just slam out gens and get out fast, but usually people play along with it.

About 50% of the matches I'll get a tail or two, and they'll do some pallet slamming, maybe signal they have a challenge to do (that slug heal one stands out), and I'll help them with that. It's a great way to decompress a bit after running a few sweaty matches where I got blown out or had to be a dick to get more than 1 kill.

Depending on the Killer, I may set myself some goals before I can hook. Like getting at least one grab on stealthy Killers, maybe having X number of traps set off as Hag/Trapper, or every down has to be with a hatchet as Huntress (sometimes every hit, no melee). Can be challenging without forcing me to play the same loop over and over.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354

I mostly play like that as killer. Makes the matches a lot of fun. After all dbd is a game and those are played for fun. I (try to) keep track of the hooks per each survivor and set myself goals like kicking x gens. Then again I despise tunneling abysmally unlike most of the people in this community I care for good sportsmanship, fairplay and respect instead of being a selfish person, so I'm not surprised by the answers you got. I don't like farming killers as it is boring, but what you describe doesn't sound like that.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

I play how I want.

If you don't like it then I mean, you just gotta deal with that. I don't do anything against the rules or grief anyone however.

But if I want to play Ghostface and only run around chasing people with double crouch speed addons and never standing up that's my preference, no one says I have to kill anyone or even really try to, you can play however you want.

Honestly, most the people who insist killer always has to sweat, are usually folks who tend to be abusive towards killer in game or who never play killer much themselves. They don't understand that playing killer a lot you HAVE to have games where you just take it easy and do whatever because (Many, not all) would lose their damn minds going full try hard against SWFs game after game after game.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004

It's the absolute worst.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

This post further cements that Survivor mains only want ONE kind of game.

Killers are not allowed to tunnel.

Killers are not allowed to slug.

Killers are not allowed to AFK.

Killers are not allowed to farm.

Killers are not allowed to Mori.

Killers are not allowed to play endgame, or endgame perks like NOED.

The ONLY acceptable playstyle for a Killer is one where they pick a Survivor, chase them until the Survivor escapes, and then repeat. If he gets lucky and gets downed, he needs to hook them and then leave so the other team can get the unhook and get their altruism points. That previous Survivor is now not allowed to be hooked again until it is spread around enough that all four Survivors can escape.

That's it. That is the ONLY form of acceptable game to these people.

• fray1919
    fray1919 Member Posts: 199

Generally speaking if they're not actually playing, it's really annoying and a waste of time and not the game I paid for.

BUT if it's someone doing specific actions that are non-optimal but normal, like trying to get 12 hooks even to the detriment of the win, that's fine and fun.

I sometimes let survivors go when it's clear I've won or lost. If it's like I get someone and they're down and all I have to do is go hook them, I'll instead carry them to the exit and drop them there. We both know I could have killed them, but they brought a key in and I don't want them to lose it by dying, so they can go.

My favorite is if there's an AFK survivor, because then I pick up the AFK and carry them around, and see if I can get three downs while dragging their friend around. It's not a fair fight with the AFK, so at least that makes it silly.

As survivor, I try to give hooks or kills if it's a casual game and the killer isn't doing well (whether by choice or not). Or if survivors DC, I'll let the killer get me, depending on where in the game we're at so we can get it over with quickly and onto a real game.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

I like it. when the killer is trying to have fun in this way or another, it makes the game different for once.

After so many hard games, it's nice to find players who are not trying to win by force and just want to joke.

• dummer33344
    dummer33344 Member Posts: 131

Yeah, u say that until it happens then it's all " wow what a ######### killer, needing to tunnel"

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

My favorite is when i go in hoping for a good game, 3 gens get done and im going for my first hook and get denied by bodyblocking/sabo. Then i give up and go corner then the survivors get mad because i wont chase them.

• fray1919
    fray1919 Member Posts: 199

Aww, that's cute though. Who's a good little killer? You are!

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

Killer can be an exhausting and stressful role I don't blame a killer for horsing around.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Playing survivor I prefer to face "try hard" killers. Iridescent add-ons, old school mories, just high level plays all made/make survivor engaging and a fun challenge.

Playing killer I don't even bother with hooks anymore except for tome challenges. I spend the match chasing and slugging survivors to force teamwork. I'll let them all escape but only if they keep the entire team alive.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

I'm going to do this if I ever venture back to killer.

• ArchFox
    ArchFox Member Posts: 205

I actually played Chest Defender Bubba for the first time the other day.

The survivors didn't like it.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I do that all the time, see survivors on Gen? Just push them away from Gen, kick and continue on my stuff wandering around.

5 Gen done, a survivor trapped, Noed light up.

The real fun begin.

• MaviKus
    MaviKus Member Posts: 38

I'd feel a bit anxious. suspicious. why isn't this Billy hooking any of us? why is the doc not M1-ing us? does this huntress just want to farm hatchet hits? is this trapper really afk or is he fake-afking for NOED/BW? etc etc

I don't get upset but yeah, I sometimes overthink things

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Since most killers I find are the exact opposite, trying very hard, I have no complaints if the killer wants to chase people, but is not doing everything he/she can to win. People will still get some points and if survivors don't like it, just fix, escape and get into another match.