Concept: Newbs cant talk here

Options
FaceCampBubbaMain
FaceCampBubbaMain Member Posts: 19
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

I feel like alot of people involved in the "Ds/NOED bad" or "XxXx killer/survivor needs nerf or buff" discussions fail to realize that almost 100% of the people who say those kind of stuff dont see that you aren't supposed to have everything difficult removed. SWF isnt overpowered it's hard. Hell I main trapper and can still squeeze a 3k out of a four man SWF. DS or NOED are easy to counter IF you have the practice and skill to do so. The game suffers from not really being a casual game if anything you really need to put in the effort to have fun you can't just go in not fully paying attention like alot of games and still being a viable contender. Alot of the low effort "just do gens/bones" or "git gud" type comments are basically this paragraph shoved into a single sentence

So what if you had to have a certain amount of posts or hours in the game to post discussions?

Comments

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Lol no

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Anyone with more than a couple hundred hours experience actively trying to "counter" these things can tell you how, inconsistent, genuinely uncounterable and/or straight-up detrimental they are.

• FaceCampBubbaMain
    Options

You all make very good points but I still stand by the fact that I see plenty of people here who have no idea what they're talking about and it grinds my gears

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,755
    Options

They have just as much of a right to an opinion as anyone else.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Then why are you posting this?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,676
    Options

Congratulations for superbly missing the point I was going for.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

Sorry i have to post that anytime i see anyone call any perk a crutch.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options
  • TwinnedHawks8772
    TwinnedHawks8772 Member Posts: 50
    Options

This sounds okay at first, until you realize there are 1000 hour players that are still as stupid as bricks.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

If a Newbie wants to have a discussion about how crap this game's new player experience is, have at it. I support it 100% because lets be honest - this game's new player experience is stinking dumpster fire.

But if they want to complain about things that have viable counters, they're going to get shot down. Hours means nothing when you make a bad argument.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

If you really dislike dbd and want to see it lose new players and die off that bad, then sure I guess. Any entertainment property survives solely on new blood, pointless gatekeeping, as you are suggesting, is a fantastic way for that well to dry right up.

I know, I know "but newbies complain about stupid stuff!" So does everyone. New, old, trolls who stick around the forums despite having quit playing the game some time ago, welcome to the internet, where people loudly have dumb opinions on things, been the case since I was a lad and had to memorize the phone number for Lower Lights to sign in.

Making it so that only people with x amount of hours invested can't post won't result in fewer stupid posts, likely it will just destroy your faith in how intelligent the average veteran player of this, or any other multiplayer game is.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

That makes sense and is used on many forums to good effect.

• FaceCampBubbaMain
    Options

This is exactly what I mean! Glad someone understands

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Certain amount of comments/time before being able to post - not a terrible idea

Certain amount of in-game hours - not good, there's people on here who've played since 2016 and who still come out with the stupidest crap imaginable

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,235
    edited March 2021
    Options

So you think you shouldn't be able to post on the forums because you yourself have 10 posts? Lol I've got way too many hours in this game and even I'll say some of what they complain about is definitely warranted and it should be welcomed regardless of post amounts

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

Yeah noed is manageable but current DS did at the very least need to deactivate on gens and totems, it was just braindead simple and effective to instantly go to a hex or gen and work on it with no way the killer can really harm you without taking the stun first and that's after they dropped whatever they were doing to even slug you in the first place.

As for posts/hours I don't think we should limit players, it would be cool if we could link our hours so other players could see but then it would devolve into "Oh you only have 500 hours!? you don't know what your talking about". It would still be a good way to see if posters are trolling or new as many vets agree on most things so we could filter out the "less meaningful" posts but even then new player feedback is also important.

For the record i have around 2100 hours, 8.7k kills, and 850 escapes last time i checked.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

That would be great, you see a lot of the same posts by new users like about bbq. would be cool if they had to have spent some time in these forums to understand how other players feel about it and they could just look whatever they wanted to post about up in the search bar.

Regarding the search bar I would rather not see old posts from 2019 and such to be received, I think we should have an archive system where after a post reaches a few months old it can no longer be edited/posted on.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Options

Plenty of people just sit on the main menu to rack up hours in games though. I mean even if you didn't do that pre-crossplay matchmaking probably constitutes ~1/5 of my hours.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Old 3+ blink nurse and infinites were hard, not impossible, should they have stayed ? Obviously an overstatement but some things DO need to get balanced as they are too strong or just plain annoying in one way or another.

It was ages since a really bad intentional change by the devs, I don't see single reason why should we be content with things like SWF, NOED, Iri heads or anything that creates problems and just leave it alone.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

There is a difference between being able to post a comment and being able to start a discussion thread.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Counter-concept: The Forum King, moi, decides who can and can't talk here.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,727
    Options

We created this forum so that all our playerbase can discuss things, the opinion of our new players is just as important as the opinion on players with 1k hours for example. Yes the experience level is going to be pretty different, but that doesn't invalidate the new player experience and it's just as important that new players get their voice heard same as 1k hours players for example.

As I am sure you're well aware by now, we promote inclusivity at all levels and all platforms.

• dummer33344
    dummer33344 Member Posts: 131
    Options

So what? A pro player who has been playing this game for like 4 years and say never touched the forums, aren't allowed to post what their opinion is? That's so ######### stupid