Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

My RE 7 character tierlist

Dabihwow
Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

This is my personal tier list on the characters of RE 7 @QwQw, I know how much you love RE 7 and I wanted ya'll opinions on this.

Comments

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Ah, perfect. Thank you for making this.

• I'd move Pete up to low B though, simply because in a tape that didn't make it into the final game he fights off Mia to protect Clancy.
    • I'd move Lucas up to S, because of all his funny quotes, and because how deranged he really is.
    • I'd move Allen down to C because he doesn't really do much, and was probably responsible for Eveline's escape in the first place.

Aside from that though, 10/10 tier list.

• Dabihwow

Yeah Lucas would be S tier, Pete did do that in KITCHEN, and your right Allen was kinda useless, overall I like what I chose. I'm not sure who that person was in E tier though

• QwQw

The person in E tier was probably the White Molded from Not A Hero.

• Dabihwow

I would've thought so, however I found out its the people you deal with in the banned footage 21

• QwQw

Oh really? I'm kinda surprised I didn't recognize them.

• Dabihwow

honestly they were very forgettable, except for bighead

• QwQw

Yeah I guess. I'd say they could be put in E or D tier.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I'd put Marguerite at the top. She's the most tragic of the Bakers imo. Jack is just turned into a deranged sadist, Lucas was already a dick, but you see more echoes of who old Marge used to be.

I.e. in "bedroom" despite flipping out when Clancy didn't eat her meal she goes and makes him another (even more disgusting) one, and there seems to be some lingering southern hospitality there. She genuinely thinks she's looking after him and doing things in his best interests, and that she's actually serving him nice home cooking of the sort she used to make. So I find something more disturbing about her compared with Jack and Lucas' "let's just kill you horribly" tactics

• QwQw

@Dabihwow Alright, here's my revised version of my concept for Jack.

Base Movement Speed: 115%

Terror Radius: 32 Meters

Height: Tall

The Patriarch’s power is called Family of a Thousand sins. 

Passives: The Patriarch will always break pallets, walls, and generators 15% faster. 

Special Attack: Welcome To The Family

The Patriarch will lunge forward at high speeds. Successfully hitting a survivor will cause The Patriarch to impale and and lift them high into the air. The survivor will be faced with three difficult skill checks.

• Failing no skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect.
    • Failing one skill check will apply the Hunted status effect and the Hindered status affect for 30 seconds.
    • Failing two skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect and injure the survivor.
    • Failing three skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect and put the survivor into the dying state.

The Hunted status effect will reveal the survivor with Killer Instinct for 10 seconds and cause the Oblivious and exposed status effects for 45 seconds. The Hunted effect is triggered when a survivor repairs a generator, heals another survivor, sabotages a hook, cleanses a totem, or unlocks a chest and it cannot be removed until one of those actions is performed. Only one survivor can be Hunted at a time.

Special ability: Diabolical Device 

After three generators become powered or you close the hatch, the Doomsaw will spawn close nearby and it’s aura will be revealed in white. Once activated The Patriarch will lose Welcome To The Family and will gain access to Frenzied Sprint. 

Frenzied Sprint: The Patriarch will rev the Doomsaw for 2 seconds, before rushing forward at extremely high speeds. Once a rev is started, it cannot be cancelled. Any survivor that is hit while sprinting will be put into the dying state. Colliding with any object will stun the Patriarch for 3 seconds. 

Frenzied Rage: Pressing the Attack Button while revving The Doomsaw will activate Frenzied Rage. During Frenzied Rage The Patriarch will swing The Doomsaw widely back and forth downing any survivor in its path. Colliding with any obstacles or failing to hit any survivors will stun The Patriarch for 4 seconds. 

While Holding The Doomsaw:

• The Patriarch’s base movement speed will be decreased to 110%.
    • All basic attacks will instantly put the survivors into the dying state.

At any time, The Patriarch may call on The Entity to reset the Doomsaw back to its original position. The Patriarch will regain access to Welcome To The Family. The Patriarch will have to reactivate the Doomsaw if he wishes to use it again.

“My little girl has given us a gift, and this gift is with me always. As you can see, the family is only a part of her gift. Which-in a word means, you’re #########!”  - Jack Baker

The Patriarch comes with three teachable perks:

Hex: Tamperer: You enjoy toying with your victims, and forcing them to play your games. So long as this hex remains uncleansed, whenever a generator is repaired, all other generators become blocked for 30/45/60 seconds. Any survivor currently repairing a generator will be forced off of it.

“Hahaha-oo-ee! Hell of a game, right? - Lucas Baker  

Corpse House: You’ve seen things, you know their weakness. When a survivor unhooks another survivor, if they are healthy, they suffer from the Exhausted status effect for 45 seconds. If they are injured, they suffer from the broken status effect for 60 seconds. 

“Let’s see you scamper your way out of this!”- Marguerite Baker 

Mortal Morality: You know your prey can’t keep playing the hero game forever. When a survivor unhooks or takes a protection hit, their repair speed is decreased by 10/15/20% for 45 seconds. 

“You can’t keep doin’ this forever.” - Jack Baker 

• Dabihwow

@QwQw This is perfect and would be less of a nightmare to do adept with. It sounds fun unique and actually good with end game builds I might make add-ons for this killer but not right now

• QwQw

Thanks! Your suggestions really helped a lot, and I agree that Jack is way stronger now.

• Dabihwow

No problem, I do think him saying certain lines when he does and action like hitting a survivor, getting stunned, or hooking them he says something.

Also when I will comeback on this I just need a mental break

• QwQw

Yeah, I'll probably make a list quotes for him to say when he does certain actions.

And don't worry man, take as much time as you need.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

Ethan is my favorite character in Resident Evil, low A tier seems just right for him

• Dabihwow

THat fact he didn't have as much personality is kinda why he's on the low A tier, but he is still my favorite one so far. I didn't like Chris as much though, but I made him S tier for the sake of fans, honestly I guess why people didn't like RE 7 that much was due to the fact, there were no RE characters until the end of the game. Which to be fair if we played as Chris or Leon from the beginning it would've destroyed the fear that RE 7 brought, those characters have been through so much that this would've been absolutely normal for them, I want Ethan to stick around a lot longer for he seems the most human of the main cast of characters.

Joe Baker imo is more badass then Chris though, dude literally fought Jack Baker and a swarm of Molded with his bare hands. He was one of the best RE characters I've ever seen

• Dabihwow

It does need some work power wise, but I think its a nice good selection of perks particularly in Gen defense.

• QwQw
  • Dabihwow
  • QwQw

I'm pretty confident we'll get RE eventually, but yeah all we can do is hope that Jack is the killer for said chapter.

• QwQw
    edited June 2021

Alright, here's the fully finished concept for Jack, for anyone who'd like to see it. It's a mouthful, so be warned.

BACKSTORY

Jack Baker was what one would call a family man. He was a loving father to his wife and two children. 

Born in 1962, he grew up in Louisiana with his older brother Joe along with his mother and father. Jack had a somewhat rough childhood. He was bullied often by his brother, and growing up in the swampy marshlands wasn’t easy. During his mid-twenties, Jack decided to join the military and became a U.S Marine.

After being honorably discharged, Jack returned to Louisiana and met the woman of his life, Marguerite. After marrying her, Jack bought a ranch and settled down. He sired two children with Marguerite, a son Lucas, and a daughter Zoe. The four of them lived happily together and made many memories, until on one stormy night, everything went wrong.

After watching a weather forecast, Jack enlisted the help of his family to board up and secure their home to prevent damage from the approaching hurricane. As the rain began to pour, Lucas noticed a shadow growing on the horizon. As he ventured out into the swamp, he was surprised to find a cossall tanker had crashed into a nearby bayou. He ran back to the house, and quickly informed his family. 

Jack, braving the weather, trudged through the storm and went out to investigate the ship Lucas was talking about. Upon heading out, he was alarmed to find a young girl in her twenties had washed ashore the marsh nearby the ship. He carried her all the way back home, and decided to house her in his daughters trailer in the backyard. When she woke up, the woman used all her remaining energy to scrawl out a note to the Bakers. It was a tragedy they were too preoccupied to read it.

Growing nervous, Jack decided to once again ignore the weather and investigate the tanker. He got farther this time, managing to actually reach the ship. While investigating some of the more easier-to-navigate wreckage, he was once again shocked to find another person. This time however, it was a child. Just like before, he carried her back home. Unbeknownst to Jack or his family, this child was an advanced human bio-weapon, and the other woman Jack had found whose name was Mia Winters, was supposed to be her caretaker. 

When he reached his house and entered it, Marguerite remarked that the child was covered in an black, oily-like substance. Jack elected to house the child in Lucas’s old bedroom, much to Lucas’s annoyance. After asking Zoe to get the child some clean clothes, he headed back out to check on their boathouse. 

When Zoe woke up the child to change her, the child named Eveline suddenly sprung to life, and proclaimed that “They’re mine now”, before knocking the power out and running free. After wandering around and finding her unconscious brother, she heard an eerie mumbling echoing from upstairs in the bathroom. 

Upon opening the door, she saw her mother standing there, seemingly talking to no one. When Zoe engaged, Marguerite suddenly attacked her, and she watched in horror as a centipede began crawling out of her mouth, trying to latch on to her. If it wasn’t for Jack tackling Marguerite out of the way, Zoe may not have been able to escape. Jack yelled at Zoe to get some rope from the garage, before slamming the bathroom door shut. 

After running downstairs and finding said rope, Zoe carefully reopened the bathroom door to see a disturbing sight. Inside, Jack repeatedly and forcefully shoved Marguerite’s head underwater in the bathtub, nearly drowning her. As Jack walked over and grabbed Zoe, it became apparent that he wasn’t normal. With a crazed look on his face, Jack took out a knife and stabbed himself in the bicep, tearing the blade through his flesh. He threw Zoe down the hallway and gave chase.

After running from her now insane family, Zoe fled to her trailer in the backyard. Carefully stepping around the passed out Mia, she picked up the note she wrote and gave it a read. It detailed her gratitude towards the Bakers for being rescued, but also warned of a child she had with her, and to not engage at all costs. As Zoe realized her family’s grave error, she felt a presence behind her, and turned around to see Eveline smiling at her. After being greeted as “sister”, Zoe fell unconscious.

For three years, the infected Zoe was forced to hide out on the grounds of the ranch from her insane family, trying and failing many times to create a cure that Mia told her how to make. All of her struggles changed however, when Ethan Winters arrived. 

After receiving an Email from the infected Mia, otherwise known as his wife who had been missing for three years, Ethan sped off to Dulvey Louisiana.

When he arrived, Ethan was confronted by his crazed wife in the Baker's guest house. After getting in multiple fights, and even getting his hand severed by Mia’s chainsaw, he ultimately was victorious, and temporarily killed her. As he caught his breath, Jack appeared and welcomed him to the family before knocking Ethan out. 

After being forced to participate in a Baker family dinner, Ethan was put through a night of hell. He fought through hordes of molded monsters, and the Bakers themselves. In the Baker’s boathouse, Ethan had his toughest fight yet against a mutated Jack. With some help from Zoe, Ethan was able to cure Jack of his infection, which in turn calcified him into nothing but a statue, killing him. Or so Ethan thought.

The problem Ethan now found himself with, was that he now had only one sample of the serum remaining. Zoe had made two, one for her, and one for Mia, but out of desperation Ethan had used one on Jack. Closing his eyes, Ethan prepared himself mentally, assuring himself he was making the right choice. He opened his eyes, and quickly injected Mia. As Ethan stepped into the raft boat, he gave a promise that he would come back for her. Zoe watched solemnly as the two sailed away as she accepted her fate. She tried one final futile attempt to escape, and wandered into the marsh knowing full well what would happen. Just as she had thought, Eveline appeared before her, and calcified her for trying to escape. 

Ethan was able to make a neurotoxin for Eveline in Lucas’s secret lab hidden in the abandoned mines near the Baker Estate. After one final battle, with some assistance from Umbrella, Ethan put down Eveline for good, and he and Mia were lifted away in a helicopter to safety. Unlike Eveline though, this wasn’t the end for Jack. 

A few months after the Eveline incident, Umbrella had quarantined the entire Baker property. Interestingly enough, they found that Eveline’s mold infection didn’t die with her. In fact it was growing, infecting the local flora and fauna. Unknown to the Umbrella soldiers and researchers, another man was living nearby. That man was Joe Baker, Jack’s estranged brother. He had returned from a multi-year hunting trip, and was alarmed to find his home was not the way he had left it. The local gators were covered in strange blisters and substances, and one day when he was out finding food, a bizarre human looking figure covered in mold with sharp teeth and claws attacked him. He fended it off with his bare hands, as Joe was a seasoned brawler and survivalist. 

He set out to find the reason behind all of this, and soon found himself stalking a couple of Umbrella soldiers. As they investigated whatever they had found, Joe was shocked to overhear the name “Zoe”. They had found her. By now the calcification had eroded away, leaving her body covered in mesmerizing crystals. Joe heard the soldiers mention how she was somehow still alive, but was hanging on by a thread. She would need medical attention immediately. 

Joe saw this as the time to strike. Leaping out from the bushes, he knocked out the soldiers, and dragged one of them to his cabin for questioning. He took Zoe’s unconscious body with him as well. When the soldier awoke, Joe told him that he knew he and the government was responsible for this mess. Gesturing over to Zoe, Joe threatened the soldier with death by alligator if he didn’t tell him how to cure her. The soldier tried to explain that they were the good guys, and that if Joe would untie him he’d help him cure Zoe, but Joe wasn’t having any of it. After enough beatings, The soldier gave in and told Joe about a research lab they had set up not too far away, and that the cure would be there. Joe, with nothing but his bare fists, set out for the lab.

When he arrived at the camp, he was surprised to see the corpses of dozens of Umbrella employees, and many molded walking the grounds. Something had been there. After some searching around, Joe found the cure the soldier had told him about. 

He raced back home, and once he was inside his cabin he immediately injected Zoe with the cure. After a moment of silence, nothing happened. He glared at the Umbrella soldier for an answer, and he told Joe that the dose wasn’t enough. Suddenly a mold and insect covered hand burst through the wall and grabbed the Umbrella soldier. It yanked him through the wall, and after an ominous roar, the soldier’s upper torso came flying through the window. A few seconds later, the smell of smoke filled Joe’s nostrils. He looked to the corner to see a fire had begun to grow. Joe quickly grabbed Zoe and ran outside to his dock. He hastily set her down in the paddle boat before hoping in himself. As they sailed away from the burning cabbing, Joe looked back to see a tall figure standing amongst the flames. It looked different than the others, more human like. It let out another roar as it watched them sail away.

Joe went through hell and back to cure Zoe, and he fought many times with the tall molded, and after he got the cure, it kidnaped Zoe. Eventually Joe found her again inside of a crumbling old church. He also found the tall molded there waiting for him. The exchanged blows until they were locked in a standstill. Joe clawed that thing's face, he sunk his fingers deep into it’s chin, tearing off a chunk of mold. Joe looked on in horror at the face staring back at him. It was Jack Baker, his own brother. Taking advantage of Joe’s surprise, Jack landed a clean right hook which knocked Joe to the ground. Jack stuffed him into a coffin, and nailed the cover shut. As Joe pleaded for Jack to stop, it almost seemed like Jack was crying, like his actions weren’t his own. Jack finished loading Joe into the coffin, and with grunt threw him into the swamp. As Joe felt the water splash across his face and fill up his coffin, he could only think about one thing, how he had failed to save Zoe.

Be it divine intervention, or simply luck, Joe washed ashore, and managed to break free of his now weakened coffin. He stumbled around, vomiting the water from his system. Along the same bay, he found a couple of Umbrella raft boats, and laying inside one of them was a “Prototype Weapon”. He opened the create to see a metallic gauntlet. Putting it on his right fist, he watched as it glowed to life. Using the strength the gauntlet gave him, he punched his way through dozens of molded. Joe eventually found himself wandering through the quarantined Baker estate, He found himself inside of the main house. Sitting at the dinner table was the mold covered Jack and the crystalized Zoe. Jack threw the table away out of anger, and raised his fists for one last fight. 

The two had both gained new advantages. Jack, a new tentacle, and Joe, his gauntlet. After a grueling fight filled with Joe cockily retelling the stories of their childhood fights, Joe finally put down his brother with a super charged right hook to the face. As Jack’s body once again calcified on the floor, Joe ran over and injected Zoe with the cure. As Joe caressed her arm, and told her she’d be okay, a squadron of Umbrella soldiers bursted into the room. Joe raised his hands in a show of compliance, until suddenly their leader ordered for all weapons to be lowered. He had seen Zoe’s body on the floor, and had understood what happened. 

After a few hours, Zoe had begun to return to normal. Joe walked over to her, and gave a heartfelt speech about how Jack truly loved her, and even in his final days, all he wanted to do was have one last family dinner. The Umbrella soldier’s leader walked up to them, and handed Zoe a phone. He said someone wanted to talk to her. On the other end was none other than Ethan Winters. He assured her that he always kept his promises. 

After Jack had been put to rest for good, he thought his soul could finally be free. But another being had other ideas. Now Jack will be forced to watch as he kills over and over for all eternity, not by Eveline, or the mold, but by The Entity.

POWER

Base Movement Speed: 115%

Terror Radius: 32 Meters

Height: Tall

The Patriarch’s power is called Family Of A Thousand Sins. 

Passives: The Patriarch will always break pallets, walls, and generators 10% faster. 

Special Attack: Welcome To The Family

The Patriarch will lunge forward at high speeds. Successfully hitting a survivor will cause The Patriarch to impale and lift them high into the air. The survivor will be faced with three difficult skill checks.

• Failing no skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect.
    • Failing one skill check will apply the Hunted status effect and the Hindered status affect for 30 seconds.
    • Failing two skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect and injure the survivor.
    • Failing three skill checks will apply the Hunted status effect and put the survivor into the dying state.

The Hunted status effect will reveal the survivor with Killer Instinct for 10 seconds and cause the Oblivious and Exposed status effects for 45 seconds. The Hunted status effect is triggered when a survivor repairs a generator, heals another survivor, gets healed or heals themself, sabotages a hook, cleanses a totem, opens an exit gate, or unlocks a chest and it cannot be removed until one of those actions is performed. Only one survivor can be Hunted at a time.

Special ability: Diabolical Device 

After three generators become powered or you close the hatch, the Doomsaw will spawn close nearby and it’s aura will be revealed in white. Once activated, The Patriarch will lose Welcome To The Family and will gain access to Frenzied Sprint and Frenzied Rage.

Frenzied Sprint: The Patriarch will revv the Doomsaw for 2 seconds, before rushing forward at extremely high speeds. Once a revv is started, it cannot be cancelled. Any survivor that is hit while sprinting will be put into the dying state. Colliding with any objects or failing to hit any survivors will stun the Patriarch for 3 seconds. 

Frenzied Rage: Pressing the Attack Button while revving the Doomsaw will activate Frenzied Rage. During Frenzied Rage The Patriarch will swing the Doomsaw widely back and forth downing any survivor in its path. Colliding with any obstacles or failing to hit any survivors will stun The Patriarch for 4 seconds. 

While Holding The Doomsaw:

• The Patriarch’s base movement speed will be decreased to 110%.
    • All basic attacks will instantly put survivors into the dying state, but they have longer wind up.

At any time, The Patriarch may call on The Entity to reset the Doomsaw back to its original position. The Patriarch will regain access to Welcome To The Family. The Patriarch will have to reactivate the Doomsaw manually if he wishes to use it again.

“My little girl has given us a gift, and this gift is with me always. As you can see, the family is only a part of her gift. Which-in a word means, you’re #########!”  - Jack Baker

PERKS

The Patriarch comes with three teachable perks:

Hex: Tamperer: You enjoy toying with your victims, and forcing them to play your games. So long as this hex remains uncleansed, whenever a generator is repaired, all other generators become blocked for 30/45/60 seconds. Any survivor currently repairing a generator while Hex: Tamperer activates will be forced off of it.

“Hahaha-oo-ee! Hell of a game, right? - Lucas Baker  

Corpse House: You’ve seen things, you know their weakness. When a survivor unhooks another survivor, they suffer from the Exhausted status effect for 80 seconds. If the survivor doesn’t have an Exhaustion perk, they instead suffer from the Hindered status effect for 80 seconds. Corpse House has a cooldown 140/120/100 seconds. 

“Let’s see you scamper your way out of this!”- Marguerite Baker 

Mortal Morality: You know your prey can’t keep playing the hero game forever. When a survivor unhooks or takes a protection hit, their repair speed is decreased by 10/15/20% for 45 seconds. Mortal Morality has a cooldown of 80/70/60 seconds.

“You can’t keep doin’ this forever.” - Jack Baker 

ADD-ON'S

Brown: 

• Cooked Crow: A cooked crow found in the microwave inside the Bakers guest house. Slightly Increase The Patriarch’s passive breaking speed.
    • Rusty Saw Blades: Rusty saw blades Jack hung around his property. Slightly increase movement speed during Frenzied Sprint.
    • Receipt List: A receipt list of things the newly infected Jack purchased. It contains nothing but dog collars and wooden planks. Slightly increase the duration of Killer Instinct revealed by Hunted.
    • WHERE'S MY MOWER!?: An angry note scrawled out by Jack to his family demanding to know where his lawnmower is. Tremendously decrease movement speed while in Frenzied Sprint and Frenzied Rage. Increase Doomsaw bloodpoint score events by 100%.

Yellow:

• Sturdy Rope: The rope Jack sent Zoe to retrieve on the night of the storm. She later used it to barricade a door from him. Slightly increase how close the Doomsaw spawns to The Patriarch.

“When I ask for rope, I expect to get rope! I guess I’m just gon’ have to teach you a lesson…” - Jack Baker

• Travis’s Letter: A letter written by a man named Travis to his girlfriend. It reads of a plan he came up with to escape the Bakers. It’s a shame he would end up another one of their victims. Moderately increase movement speed during Frenzied Sprint

“Lil city #########.” - Jack Baker

• Eveline’s Leather Boot: A leather boot belonging to Eveline. Moderately increase the duration of Killer Instinct revealed by Hunted.
    • Hatch Key: A key to a barbed hatch that Ethan used to escape from Jack. On his first attempt to use it, Jack severed Ethan’s leg. Slightly increase the duration of Frenzied Rage.
    • “Derelict House Footage” - Tape: A video tape depicting the arrival of the Sewer Gators team to the Bakers Guest house. The cameraman Clancy Javis would be taken prisoner by the Bakers. Slightly increase the duration of the Exposed status effect triggered by Hunted.

“Hey Andre! Andre? Hey Clancy, you see where Andre went?” - Peter Walkins

Green:

• Lucas’s Bloody Fingernail: A bloody fingernail Lucas pried off of his own hand while monologging to Ethan. Moderately increase the duration of Frenzied Rage.

“No Ethan, that ain’t special. Now this, this right here, is special!” - Lucas Baker

• Red Dog Head: An ornate block of steel carved into the shape of a dog's head with a red tint. One of three required to open the door to the yard of the Baker Estate. While the other two were easier to obtain, Ethan and Jack fought brutally over this one. Considerably increase movement speed during Frenzied Sprint
    • Red And Blue Keycards: A pair of red and blue keycards. Lucas forced Ethan to play one of his twisted games in order to obtain them. Considerably increase the duration of Killer Instinct revealed by Hunted

“This pretty little thing will YOU find the two keycards you’re gonna need to join the party, WE’RE havin’ over here!” - Lucas Baker

• D-Series Arm: The arm of the predecessor to the E-Series type B.O.W. It was one of two ingredients required to make a cure for Evelines infection. Marguerite guarded it fiercely. Slightly increase the steering during Frenzied Sprint.
    • “Watch Me” - Tape: A video tape depicting Mia’s struggle to evade Marguerite. She was ultimately caught and punished by her. Moderately increase the duration of the Exposed status effect triggered by Hunted.

“Oh no no no no no! Don’t you try to ######### escape your share of the blame!” - Marguerite Baker

Purple:

• Deputy’s Severed Head: The head of a poor deputy who tried to save Ethan. Jack lobotomized him, and began the process of turning him into a molded before getting distracted by Ethan. His head would later be severed completely by Lucas as a prop for one of his games. Moderately increase movement speed during Frenzied Sprint. Moderately increase the steering during Frenzied Sprint.
    • Marguerite’s Lantern: Marguerite’s lantern that she attached to a pole and carried around with her at all times. It could be used to command swarms of insects, and it acted as the key to the door which held the D-Series Arm. Tremendously increase the duration of Killer Instinct revealed by Hunted.

You think I don’t know you’re plotting? I KNOW you’re scheming.” - Marguerite Baker

• Zoe’s Serum: One of the two serums crafted by Zoe with the D-Series Arm and Head. This one would be used on Jack to calcify him. Considerably increase the duration of Frenzied Rage.

“Quick! Use the serum on him!” - Zoe Baker

• “Happy Birthday” - Tape: A video tape depicting Lucas forcing the captured Clancy to participate in a puzzle. His goal was to figure out how to keep a candle lit, and put it on a birthday cake. After solving the puzzle, the birthday cake exploded and set Clancy on fire. The game was rigged from the start. Considerably increase the duration of the Exposed status effect triggered by Hunted. Moderately increase the duration of the Oblivious status effect triggered by Hunted.

“Happy birthday!” - Lucas Baker

Iridescent:

• Iridescent Family Photo: A framed photo of Jack and his family. The wooden frame is splintered, the glass is cracked, and speckles of mold lay across their smiling faces. A reminder from the fog of Jack’s failures. Seeing it invokes a large sense of dread, sorrow, and regret in The Patriarch. Multiple survivors can be Hunted at a time. Tremendously decrease the duration of the Exposed status effect triggered by Hunted. Tremendously decrease the duration of the Oblivious status effect triggered by Hunted. Tremendously decrease the duration of Killer Instinct revealed by Hunted.

“Sh sh sh sh, I know, I know, I’m not gonna hurt you. Hell I never would have if I could have helped it.” - Jack Baker

• E-001 Neurotoxin: The neurotoxin used by Ethan to kill Eveline. It has been faithfully recreated by the fog, mocking Jack that even after his family was freed, he’ll never see them again. It invokes feelings of anger and rage in The Patriarch towards The Entity. The Patriarch loses Welcome To The Family permanently. Tremendously increase movement speed during Frenzied Sprint. Tremendously increase the steering during Frenzied Sprint.  Tremendously increase the duration of Frenzied Rage. Trumps all other add-on’s.

“Ethan, please, free my family.” - Jack Baker

MORI DESCRIPTION

Mori: The Patriarch firmly plants his weapon in the ground beside him and taunts the survivor to get up. After some time, the survivor struggles to their feet and turns around to stare at The Patriarch. Taking advantage of this, The Patriarch steps forward and grabs the survivor's shoulder with his left hand, adjusts his glasses, welcomes the survivor to the family, and then unleashes a brutal punch. As the survivor gets knocked back down to the ground, The Patriarch walks over and crushes their head like a melon. Both the survivor and The Patriarch see the mori in first person.

VOICE LINES

Dialogue: During the trial, The Patriarch may speak. Different voice lines can be triggered when completing certain actions. The voice lines have a 25% to activate. While wandering, every thirty seconds not spent in a chase will have a 10% chance to trigger a voice line.

Wandering:

• “You know imma find you right? And when I do…”
    • *Mumbling “Where’d that little ######### get to…?” 
    • “No-no. Shut up! You ain’t real!”
    • *Mumbling “I was gonna be her father…”
    • “This is all too fun.”
    • “Here piggy piggy piggy!”
    • *Whimpering “Marguerite…”
    • “You can’t hide from me!”
    • *Mumbling “Shut up, just shut up…”
    • “What? You playin’ hide and seek?”
    • “What are you afraid of?”
    • “You ain’t smart enough to hide from me.”
    • “I know where you are. Come out now. I won’t be angry.”
    • “I’m on to you!”
    • *Whimpering “No one loves me…”

Finding a survivor:

• “Don’t move now!”
    • “You thought you’d just slip out before dinner was done!?” 
    • “Here’s daddy!”
    • “You ain’t gettin’ away!”
    • “Miss me?”
    • “Hello there! How’ve ya been?”
    • “Here I come!”
    • “No way out, ya know!”
    • “I see you!”
    • “You think you got what it takes to join the family? Prove it.”
    • “It’s just you and me now.”
    • “It’ll feel good, I promise!”
    • “You’re wasting your time!”
    • “Where in the hell do you think you’re going to?”
    • “I’m an old man, you can’t take on an old man?”
    • “I got the gift runnin’ all through me! All through me!”
    • “Stay right there!”
    • “Get ready for it!”
    • “Stay still!”
    • “It’s only gonna sting a little bit!”
    • “Here it comes!”
    • “Well now, there you are.”
    • “I found you. No more runnin’ around.”
    • “Found ya!”
    • “Hold still!”

Hitting a survivor:

• “Imma gon’ squash you like a bug! Hope Marguerite didn’t hear that…”
    • “Poor thing.” *Snickers
    • “Let’s finish this - you and I.”
    • “This is the end, you know?”
    • “Welcome to paradise.”
    • “Don’t be scared.”
    • “Sorry bout’ that. You alright?”
    • “You’re part of the family now.”
    • “I told you… don’t you ######### with me!”
    • “This’ll hurt me more than it hurts you.”
    • “I about dozed off there for a minute.”
    • “Are you havin’ fun yet!?”
    • “This only ends one way.”
    • “Every day it’s the same thing…”
    • “Don’t lose your head!”
    • “Guess what? You’re gonna die!”
    • “You can’t keep doin’ this forever.”
    • “I can’t die. But you can.”
    • “You’re not getting out of here.”
    • “You’ll choke on your blood before I’m done with you!”

Getting stunned: 

• “Oh, no, no, no, no…! Now you gonna get it!”
    • “Oh boy! Now look what you’ve done, #########!”
    • “######### you and the horse you road in on!”
    • “######### you!”
    • “Hah, you think that’s gonna do you any good? Really?”
    • “Shitcock!”
    • “Cut it out!”
    • *Grunts “Lucky break.”
    • “OK, have it your way.”
    • “That’s not very nice.”
    • “Feisty, ain’t ya?”
    • “Oh yeah, that’s real nice!”
    • “Well now, ain’t you somethin’?”
    • “Your life ain’t worth a bucket of piss!”
    • “I ain't got time for this!”
    • *Grunts “I’ll show you how to really hurt somebody!”
    • “Now you’re just being rude!”
    • “You think imma just let that stand?”
    • “You’re gonna wish you had the good sense to lay down and die!”
    • “I’ll make you wish you’d never been born!”

Activating the Doomsaw:

• *Wicked laughter
    • “Grooooovey!”

Mori:

• “Come on, come on!”
    • “Welcome to the family.”

Holy #########. I don't think I've ever seen a forum post this big before. If you actually read this entire thing, you are officially the biggest madlad on the planet.

Post edited by QwQw on
  • Dabihwow

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Dabihwow

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Dabihwow

@QwQw Okay since your thing is so damn big it own't allow me to quote you here is my thoughts, wow, they just need to copy this and add it into the game already

• QwQw

Oh so that's what that weird error message was. I've literally never seen that happen before.

Thank you so much for your suggestions! Not only would the final product be a lot worse without them, but it probably wouldn't exist at all. I doubt I would have had the energy to go back and revise the chapter and add all the extra stuff if you didn't give all that feedback. This is probably the biggest thing I've ever written with my own free will, and it's been a hell of a journey.

If I do say so myself, Daddy Baker would be proud.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

This fits perfectly. I really want this.

My idea was to summon molded, but this is way better.

• QwQw

Molded could also work. That's the thing with Jack, he has so much creative freedom with his power.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2021

clancy deserved A tier. his role in the dlcs definitely makes him one of my favorite characters in the game.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I don't think this would work as a great power, it sounds like loads of steps that wouldn't end up in a good killer, and having a passive like that would be broken. Then giving him both Billy and bubbas power but better at 2 gens remaining would just be ridiculous. The whole idea feels like an idea someone would make for an joke. Oh yeah and then he has multiple instadown moves just for free half way through the game!

• QwQw

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree.

I don't think my version of Jack is "broken" in any way.

10% extra breaking speed isn't going to make much of an impact. The only way I can see it being a threat is if you run Brutal Strength, but at least that perk would finally be at least somewhat decent on like one killer.

The Hunted status effect can be easily negated by having the survivor who's afflicted with it just not do anything and get chased. (Just like how people countered Twins on release by keeping Victor.)

I purposely designed Jack's Doomsaw to be worse than Billy's and Bubba's not better like you said. He's supposed to be a blend of the two, but also have his own flare thanks to the fact his basic attacks insta-down, but he's slower and has a much longer wind-up on his basic attacks.

Oh, and by the way, you're criticizing the older version of my concept, not my final product.