seems the afk and noed+ BW is on the rise?

taimea
taimea Member Posts: 84
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

more people doing afk + noed and blood Worden is on the rise or is it just my luck?, sure you can try to find totems before it happens but the times when its in a sweet spot or by the killer itself and you don't really know till its about 3 gens have been done. and yes you can try to just open the door but BM and then i guess killers want to "Guard the blood Worden prey so they hover over them and you feel bad for the bullied survivor that you try to help them and then its less then 6 sec left and blood Worden and 4k... i guess killers hate that they took afk farming ? though they could change to where end game is at less 2 secs it goes away. then you have to go after them and kill them and not just "Wait" in all its just sad that you want a real match so you try to get out as fast as you can or if going afk THEN BE AFK! i can under standing downing people if they dont want to just leave but.

edit: sorry i thouth it was well kown they change it where you cant get points standing still nor can the one runing around you get points from you standing still so going to the afk killers ( well FAKE afk so everyone just dose gens to do use your combo) is pointless. so everyone will do a gen so that about 2 to 4 gens done right there. 10k to 8k of points if lucky if the killer stayed afk. and odds of you finding all 5 totoms before the last 1/2 gens are done cause your other teammates were doing a gen is a little hard.

Post edited by taimea on

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

EGC is the most fun time in the match. Hell, sometimes it's the only fun bit of the match. The stakes are high, there's a timer. And when killers play like this, survivors can't even complain the killer didn't let them participate and get gens done. I've noticed survivors get really annoyed when I stop them from doing gens.

Everyone should be happy in matches like the ones you're describing. Do you not like doing gens or something? 'Cause if so, you seem to be in the minority.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

I mean, if you open the gates against an obvious Blood Warden Trap, and sit inside for 60 seconds to BM, that's your own stupid fault.

You should always just leave when you get out the gates. Don't stick around and let them trap you in until you die. You never know if someone has an ace, or a Blood Warden, in the hole.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

to be fair, if the killer is AFK there realls isnt any excuse for you to not do all the totems.

do make sure to report them though, AFKing the entire trial is bannable.

you might need video evidence though.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

have yet to see it happening

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

There kind of is, solo gamer can't reasonably be expected to check every spot on the map and do gens, especially when there are three other survivors pumping away at gens and possibly not doing any totems, then the last gen pops and you get instantly downed with noed and camped, the worst matches in dbd are the ones the killer is afk there is no fun in that, doing gens and leaving is top priority, not making sure every totem is done you know?

• Mister_xD

thats true, but who would genrush an AFK killer?

after all (unless its an invisible wraith ofc) most will go and try to farm points on the killer.

also, totems are now one of your main BP sources so it'd be kind of stupid to ignore them.

but yes, theoretically that scenario is possible. very unlikely, but possible.

• fray1919
    fray1919 Member Posts: 199

"Who would genrush an AFK killer?"

People who want to get out of the not-a-game and into a real match.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,743

Actually, now you can't get chase points out of an AFK killer, a lot of people will just rush through generators because there's now no easy way to farm points and subsequently they just wanna leave and get into a new match asap.

• Mister_xD

but those people would also not get any points for their trial.

if i have to wait 5 - 10 minutes to find a game i'd want to get as much out of the trial as possible.

also i wasnt very clear on it the first time, but with that question i was referring to the entirety of your team, not just one individual.

if one does it and two farm points on the killer, thats still more than enough time for a single player to locate the 5 totems before NOED can activate.

• Mister_xD

well that change was stupid.

do we know if that was intentional though?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,743
    edited March 2021

Absolutely no clue but from what I remember Mandy saying in an earlier thread I think it was, in order to punish AFK farming for bp.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 920

IIRC AFKing the entire trial isn't bannable by itself, but it becomes bannable once you're using an automated bot/macro to enter lobbies, ready up, etc. and this happens over several matches in a row. (Those "Bot Killers" who sit in place swinging constantly.)

If you AFK for 5 gens just to suddenly unleash NOED, Rancor, and Blood Warden that's definitely not bannable. A bit "toxic" but you're were not macroing AFK.

Same with Leatherface hiding in the basement protecting his chest with Insidious.

• Mister_xD

... but that literally punishes survivors for the killer being AFK

honestly, if they want to make it less attractive, remove chase points being earned for the killer for as long as they stand still during chases.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Me, I don't play dbd for the points if they aren't "earned" I'd get more points rushing out of a match and into a legitimate one than I would farming points out of an afk one and then going into a normal match.

Ontop of this, this thread implies it is no longer safe to farm chase points infront of the killer because say you haven't been able to do all totems or whatever and the last gen pops you now die because you wanted to farm those points etc, at thaat point the 5K for escaping outweights the time and effort spent farming chase points when it could end up killing you.

Additionally, I'm no hyprocrite and have noticed my survivor lobbies are no longer instant but I can admit that, so ontop of waiting out for a lobby you may end up in a match where you can't do anything and have to queue up again for a long, imagine when DCing wasn't penalised and killer lobbies were long and you waited ten minutes for a match just for the survivors to all DC bc you're playing a killer they don't like or whatever, it's the same thing really.

• fray1919

I see from your next post you didn't know you can't farm the AFK Killer anymore, so points are limited and it means all you can do is gens and totems, and gens are far easier to find.

Also, not everyone cares about points.

• Mister_xD

no, AFKing is bannable.

just check the ingame report system under "unsportsman like" AFKing is listed as one of the possible report options.

its just very rare anyone ever gets banned for it, as you actually need to have someone report you for it, while also having a recording of the trial that shows you AFKing throughout all of it. and it has to happen multiple times, as being AFK once isnt enough of a reason for you to get banned, you'd have to do it consistently and get consistently reported for it WITH video evidence.

• lucidlux
    lucidlux Member Posts: 56

In the situation listed above the killer isn't afk, they are just not chasing survivors or preventing gens being done.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Isn't blood warden bugged right now ? Whenever I used it, I couldn't see it activate on the opened exit gates.

• Mister_xD

yeah, i worded that question poorly, sorry. i ment to say how often does everyone in your team rush gens instead of farming BP against an AFK killer / doing bones.

if only one person is continuously doing gens, thats more than enough time to track down the totems before the 5th gen pops, even for solos.

and im not trying to defend AFKing with this strat here, i just want to point that out once more.

i just said that if the killer is AFK, there really isnt any reason for you to not do the totems, as they are now one of your main BP sources and no one is pressuring you into finishing the gens asap - and unless you have everything maxed out already (which is the case for only very few individuals), points will always be something you want to get as many of as you can.

also, a point could be made here that if this is a common trick killers use, the survivor should be aware of it and take it into consideration as soon as they notice the killer is AFK, therefore hunting bones would be even more of a priority for them - more than gens should be, as there is no pressure on that objective.

• Mister_xD

yes, but that change might aswell be unintentional and therefore be reverted soon. also, totems are usually very poorly hidden, so its really not hard to locate them most of the time.

and a vast majority of this playerbase cares about points.

• fray1919

Yes but as it stands that's the way it is.

Also they're still more hidden than gens.

Also, no they don't. Nice try, though.