Reasons why you don’t need to nerf decisive strike

Options

I feel like the devs should leave the perk as it is. Let me explain all the reasons.

First you have to be the obsession to use the perk properly.

Second the skill check is difficult to hit if it comes early or if you’re facing the Dr. or unnerving presence.

Third reason you only able to use it once plus the killer can still dribble you to the hook!

Every update they make it harder to be a survivor. Remember you need more survivors in this game than killers to keep this game alive.

Comments

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    Options
    I'm assuming the OP would love going against a killer with Overcharge 3 if he thinks the skill check is hard to hit.. 
  • rlevet
    rlevet Member Posts: 20
    Options

As survivor main I also want DS to be changed as it's really frustrating when you don't hit it and also frustrating for the killer when you hit it.
    Also, high number of DC's because of that perk, so yeah it should be changed I think.

• TheShowtime7
    TheShowtime7 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    You act like everyone uses DS, if I’m using it I’m usually the only player that’s using it in the game. 

Also you killers keep complaining about survivor perks then eventually you won’t have anyone to play with. Takes four survivors to play a game and only one killer. Just saying 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

@TheShowtime7 said:
    You act like everyone uses DS, if I’m using it I’m usually the only player that’s using it in the game. 

Also you killers keep complaining about survivor perks then eventually you won’t have anyone to play with. Takes four survivors to play a game and only one killer. Just saying 

Well at the moment it would seem there aren't enough killers playing, you know because of the awful imbalance between both parties?

Some people disagree with you and now you've gone for the entire game will be ruined approach, classy.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@TheShowtime7 said:

Yes, I meet 2-3 DS per game.
    And back in the days it was 4 99% of all games.
    But the first nerf wasn't enough.

And you are so arrogant it makes me wanna puke, there is ONE person giving 4 other the option to play and you want to treat that needed person like trash.
    But you call other toxic??

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options

@TheShowtime7 said:

I think you'll find you need Killers more than we need you, Killers host the lobby, so without us YOU would not be able to play at all :)

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    Y’know, level 7 can be achieved in like an hour, usually less. That is in no way any merit to talk about balance.

Not if you start at 20

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Options
    My rework would be that the obsession must wiggle to 40% and can hit a hard skillcheck to stun the killer in place (not get out of their arms) for 2/3/4s. During this time the survivor can still wiggle and the killer can be pallet stunned but not blinded.

Non obsessions must wiggle to 70% and can stun the killer in place for only 1/2/3 seconds.

And just to be fair, after use, a passive ability is still present which make your stuns against killers (pallet and regular grasp escape) last .35 seconds longer.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Frankly, there are stronger survivor tools. Instaheals, for example. @Dudddd neatly listed the counters for DS, I'd just add: you can try to down survivor close to a hook. Not easy, but that's what I keep saying about all these so-called "crutch" perks: yea, some are stronger than others. Deal with it. With so many different killers, maps, RNG and so on, you can't expect some magical "perfect balance". Sometimes you go against tryhard killer/survivors, and sometimes you're facing some less effective builds. Challenge, folks, challenge. The best thing in life.

I'd add one more thing: I'm absolutely convinced that all the anger towards DS is not exactly about serious balance issues. As I said, instaheals, possibly SC and some other stuff are more of a threat to killers. But it's probably the single most annoying one. Understandable, and it's not like I'm not pissed when D-striked. But when we're seriously discussing balance issues in the forums, we should do it with a cold head. Don't listen to your anger.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options

@Dudddd said:
    Killigma said:

@George_Soros said:

There are multiple ways to counter both of these.

What exactly is the counter to DS?

Enduring , unerving presence, noed, rancore, mori, 

Enduring does not count, the stun is not the issue, it is the free self safe Survivors get.
    Unnerving presence is maybe a counter at low ranks, any Survivor worth there salt can hit a UP skill check.
    Noed and Rancore....these are not counters to DS lol?
    Mori, so Killers will have to burn an add on every match to combat 3/4 DS every game, yeah sure.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Options

Absolute stupid rank 20 survivor main talking there. "Difficult to hit" are you kidding me? Because you have trouble hitting this easy skillcheck doesn't mean other people have trouble at all. I hit it 95% of the time. And even on Doc with unnerving it's mostly no problem.

Dribbling only works if you are CLOSE to a hook, if survivors bodyblock you hit it always.

Git gud, you don't need crutch perks like this. Why do you think everybody hates this perk so much? Because it's a cheap get out of jail card and ruins the pace of the game even more.

Just emberassing reading this post.

lol clearly you're a wanna be survivor main but are a killer main.
    Its a sad sight to see I mean DS strike isn't that worrysome go slug everyone and don't face camp .. get rid of it early game

this perks has 1000 of counters
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

I have no need for d-strike so they can do whatever they want with it.
    How come there's no Kate or spirit avatars on here?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Damn you guys are toxic, be civil you don’t have to be rude, I’m actually a level 7 survivor.

If they rework the perk where you have to do all those requirements it will be completely useless to use, just get rid of the whole perk if you’re gonna do that.

It's that DS is clearly overpowered and you're defending it. That's why everyone is getting upset because they think that you want a free escape when really if you was a great survivor, you wouldn't need the perk. Case closed, you're guilty for trying to revive DS! 10 more years in the Entity's realm!
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@I_am_Negan said:
    I have no need for d-strike so they can do whatever they want with it.
    How come there's no Kate or spirit avatars on here?

Welcome to the forum and they are coming Soon TM! Stick around and you will see.

Alright sometime in the future cool
    Thanks for the welcome

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Options

@TheShowtime7 said:

The killer is hosting the game. Just saying

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

at this rate DS will be never nerfed, they are taking months to make decisive decision lol

I guess the reason is survs rule this game and they would QQ a river

• Brain_98
    Brain_98 Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2018
    Options
    All they really need to do is make it so that if you’re not the obsession, DS has no effect. The obsession-based DS is fine in my opinion because it allows the killer to know you have it. That way, they can slug you, dribble you, or eat the strike as they see fit. It’s the non-obsession DSs that are honestly the more painful and time consuming for the killer.

And on the survivor end, it would become a risk to take into a game. You might be the obsession and benefit fully from it, or someone else could be the obsession and you get nothing from it.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

It still needs a nerf.

• NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271
    Options

@TheShowtime7 said:
    I feel like the devs should leave the perk as it is. Let me explain all the reasons.

First you have to be the obsession to use the perk properly.

Second the skill check is difficult to hit if it comes early or if you’re facing the Dr. or unnerving presence.

Third reason you only able to use it once plus the killer can still dribble you to the hook!

Every update they make it harder to be a survivor. Remember you need more survivors in this game than killers to keep this game alive.

They are allowed to make playing harder for survivors since it's still very easy to.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options
    Dudddd said:
    Killigma said:

@George_Soros said:
    There are multiple ways to counter both of these.

What exactly is the counter to DS?

Enduring , unerving presence, noed, rancore, mori, 
    3 perks and a rare offering to even have a chance at soft countering a single survivor perk 🤔
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options
    Dudddd said:
    I love how these so called “ I play survivor “ people like to point out decisive is broken , but dont like to admit insta down and mori is toxic than decisive ! These killer mains are so hilarious.
    Well they do dominate the forums here so if you are a survivor and you post anything about killers be ready for lots and lots of hate.
    This isn't a balanced forum because of how nasty people are and it's also probably the reason why Devs take a lot of those types of posts with a grain of salt.
    Don't expect much, if anything, from people posting on the internet and you'll be alright 😊👍. 
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:
    Y’know, level 7 can be achieved in like an hour, usually less. That is in no way any merit to talk about balance.

Not if you start at 20

Jack is right. You can achieve level 7 in an hour of gameplay. Unless what the OP really meant was RANK 7

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

The easiest and quickest fix would be DS for obsession only. If 4 run it 3 have a dead perk and the killer benefits minus the 1 DS.

And that would be risky enough for survivors to run it in the first place. Unless they are a 4 man SWF and can actually plan around it.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options
    Isn't it as hard to hit as an overcharge or madness skill check? It's not hard at all unless you just started playing 
  • Condorloco_26
    Options

@TheShowtime7 said:
    You killers already got a buff to NOED and healing! What else more do you want? 

Every freakin update is nerf survivors and buff killers, Have fun waiting in lobbies forever eventually. 

You can have it back, the NOED buff. Or even scratch it from the game. It's a lame perk to run that sucks ass anyways. Such as your beloved DS. And no, I don't think neither you nor me are essential for the game to continue thriving.

• samirk98
    samirk98 Member Posts: 167
    Options

@TheShowtime7 said:
    You killers already got a buff to NOED and healing! What else more do you want? 

Every freakin update is nerf survivors and buff killers, Have fun waiting in lobbies forever eventually. 

so are we just going to ignore the buffs yall keep getting and the addition of 2 new crutch perks

Which perks i might ask ? 
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

OP is failing to realize that after seconds to even minute(s) of a chase while 3 other survivors are gen rushing that after a successful DS you have to find/catch the survivor again - which takes more precious seconds away from pressuring the map and prolonging the game. Multiply this by 2,3 or 4 survivors doing it and it's pretty much GG for the killer in many games.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Being the obsession alone doesn't justify the perk.

If you miss the skillcheck, that's entirely on you.

You may only get to use it once, but once can be enough to turn the tide of the game. Not to mention that the killer could easily end up facing more then one DS. As for dribbling, that's very situational and still wastes loads of time in a game where time is vital.