Reasons why you don’t need to nerf decisive strike

2»

Comments

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201

I feel like the devs should leave the perk as it is. Let me explain all the reasons.

First you have to be the obsession to use the perk properly.

Second the skill check is difficult to hit if it comes early or if you’re facing the Dr. or unnerving presence.

Third reason you only able to use it once plus the killer can still dribble you to the hook!

Every update they make it harder to be a survivor. Remember you need more survivors in this game than killers to keep this game alive.

First, non obsessions can still use D-Strike and it's arguably much stronger because there's no way to know if a survivor is using it and it wastes a tremendous amount of time compared to obsession DS.

Secondly, the only people who will find it difficult are people who aren't using sound or have sub 10 hours on survivor.

Third is similar to first, wastes a lot of time to dribble to hook and dribbling can be completely and totally countered by a slight bodyblock. Also it can be saved, it doesn't need to be used on first pickup because hey guess what, survivors clearly need more second chances, don't they?

God forbid they try and make survivor harder to play. Everyone and their extended family knows survivor is easy. It's been nerfed several times now and survivor is still easy. DS literally punishes the killer while rewarding the survivor for failing. But remember kid, the power role isn't the killer.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Oh yes, a free escape for survivors is totally 100% fair. Alright. Keep Decisive, then go ahead and give us Decisive Hook. When killers pick up a survivor, succeed a skillcheck and instantly hook the survivor in the basement. Works for every survivor once per game.

Doesn't sound fair? Well that's what DS feels like.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@I_am_Negan said:
    I have no need for d-strike so they can do whatever they want with it.
    How come there's no Kate or spirit avatars on here?

In the meantime join the sacrificial I mean beneficial society of leather faces. We hold daily basement meetings, have BBQ's and talk about all things salty.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

ya know what?
    after reading 2 comments of you saying that survivors are better / more important than killers, just because there is more of you, i just want to slap you in the face.
    really.

remember my words:
    yes, you need 4 survivors to play the game, but you also need killers. you can have as many survivors as you like, without killers this game is dead.

now for the main topic:
    DS is broken af. It punishes a killer for doing well, up to 4 times a game, which is just ridiculous. but since you probaply never played killer in your life, let me translate that into words you as survivor only player can understand: YOU get screwed over for doing well. if DS was a killerperk, it would be similar to that: "when a survivor repairs 50% of a gen, hit a skillcheck and the survivor will get the exposed status effect and teleportet right in front of you. this can be used 4 times." sounds fair, eh?
    go play some killer, and get back here once you got rank 1.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Hope you know survivor is actually supposed to be hard to play in the current state its less stressful than killer...I know right a mortal being is weaker than a demonic powered killer just crazy.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Oh yes, a free escape for survivors is totally 100% fair. Alright. Keep Decisive, then go ahead and give us Decisive Hook. When killers pick up a survivor, succeed a skillcheck and instantly hook the survivor in the basement. Works for every survivor once per game.

@Doc_W_HOLLIDAY
    With ds you can down them again and hook them in less than 20 seconds most of the times, they rarely manage to escape, and as others have said already, DS is becoming more unusual, not to talk about 4DS, which is pretty rare.
    Your idea instead DOES guarantee the hook.
    Pls, take your drama somewhere else and stop pretending 4DS sweaty swf are a common thing.
  • Vietfox
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

@Doc_W_HOLLIDAY
    With ds you can down them again and hook them in less than 20 seconds most of the times, they rarely manage to escape, and as others have said already, DS is becoming more unusual, not to talk about 4DS, which is pretty rare.
    Pls, take your drama somewhere else and stop pretending 4DS sweaty swf are a common thing.

you will only down a bad player again in 20 seconds
    bad players using DS is not the issue, it's how absurdly impactful it is when good players use it

@yeet
    Ok, you said before that only 5% of the survivors you face are good players. Why DS is such an impact if only 5% of them are good?
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

20 seconds is not the best case outcome for killer. 20 seconds is the average. You must be doing something wrong if DS annoys you so much.
    SC and instaheal items are so much more dangerous to killer. It's just that so many of you guys can't deal with frustration. I wonder how you manage in life.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

@Doc_W_HOLLIDAY

bad players using DS is not the issue, it's how absurdly impactful it is when good players use it

@yeet
    Ok, you said before that only 5% of the survivors you face are good players. Why DS is such an impact if only 5% of them are good?

because it's an impact that makes games very frustrating and basically unwinnable

• yeet

@George_Soros said:
    20 seconds is not the best case outcome for killer. 20 seconds is the average. You must be doing something wrong if DS annoys you so much.
    SC and instaheal items are so much more dangerous to killer. It's just that so many of you guys can't deal with frustration. I wonder how you manage in life.

i have said multiple times that SC is the most powerful perk in the game

• Vietfox
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

@Doc_W_HOLLIDAY

@yeet

because it's an impact that makes games very frustrating and basically unwinnable

@yeet
    Geez, it's ok to lose from time to time. As @RemoveSWF would say, you are not entitled to win every match.
  • yeet

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Oh yes, a free escape for survivors is totally 100% fair. Alright. Keep Decisive, then go ahead and give us Decisive Hook. When killers pick up a survivor, succeed a skillcheck and instantly hook the survivor in the basement. Works for every survivor once per game. Doesn't sound fair? Well that's what DS feels like. @Doc_W_HOLLIDAY

@yeet

@yeet
    Geez, it's ok to lose from time to time. As @RemoveSWF would say, you are not entitled to win every match.

I should lose matches because I was outskilled, not because the survivors packed a cheese perk.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

@powerbats said:

@I_am_Negan said:

In the meantime join the sacrificial I mean beneficial society of leather faces. We hold daily basement meetings, have BBQ's and talk about all things salty.

Sounds like a KILLER party

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

@powerbats said:

@I_am_Negan said:

Sounds like a KILLER party

"FREDDY'S BITCHES"
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Reasons why it should be nerfed -

The killer has done everything they have too, they deserve the hook. They've hit the survivor twice, they've looped the pallets, they've stopped the loops.

You don't deserve to further the chase anymore, the killer deserves a hook at that point.