Where are all the Oni killers?

Options

In the last 2 weeks (70 hours or so) I have only gone against one Oni killer. It's not like Oni is a low-tier or a licensed killer, so where did they all go?

Comments

• aEONoHM
    aEONoHM Member Posts: 208
    Options

I don’t mind them going MIA. Oni is the killer that I turn stupid against. I always play so badly against them.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Oni is a relatively hard killer to play well. As such, you won't see too many of them.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 395
    Options

I'm actually in the process of learning Oni rn. Still trying to get his dash down at loops.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options

But they used to be around, and I'd actually see them quite often and as such not seeing them anymore strikes me as a bit out of the ordinary. While I have encountered a similar situation with respect to Freddy, in that case I could at least chuck it up to Freddy being a licensed killer.

The only explanation I can think of with regards to Oni is that his teachable perks are simply not worth 9000 shards when the same can be spent on the Clown, the Plague, the Hag, or the Legion, with the return on your investment being not just the killer character itself but the incredibly strong perks that can ultimately be taught to other killer characters.

• Mysterynovus
    Mysterynovus Member Posts: 318
    Options

Had my first match as Killer on Haddonfield with Oni. I'm decent at best, so when I say that map screwed me like a cork, I mean it really screwed me.

• MingBongo
    MingBongo Member Posts: 32
    Options

Unfortunately I can't say this for all oni's, but I always had difficulty using his power, is it good? definitely, does it have a high skill ceiling? Yes. But that's not the problem for me, it's usually the fact that to perform great at high ranks, you have to slug as much as you can. because if you pick up a survivor that's it, your blood fury's gone.

At least that's why I put Oni on the shelf, he's not bad by any means, but his power demands too much (too much blood, too much slugging) to perform well in high ranks.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,106
    Options

We may be spread out, but we out here. Probably bullying some poor unfortunate survivors for the glory of the Entity.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    Options

All the Oni players are on strike most likely

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Nurse, blight, spirit exist.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 537
    Options

Oni imo at rank 1 gameplay against a good Swf/survivors is usually a gamble for winning, depending on the map you won’t get to use your power until 2-3 gens pop minimum, good oni players rely on snowballing the game quickly with infectious and lions fang. During his power if you can’t down anyone or down only one survivor because of strong survivor rng, you pretty much lost.. again this is going against good survivors at Rand 1 gameplay.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I just can't manage to land flicks consistently. Either it won't work, or it'll flick out of nowhere. I get both tilted and frustrated when either happen, so I stick more with killers I know I can land with.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,445
    Options

I can't imagine playing him on new "Game" map. That must be horrible.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231
    Options

in the bin where oni mains belong 😌

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Considering Oni has to rely on getting hits as quickly as possible in the beginning of a match just to not be an M1 killer as well as knowing how to use his Blood Fury correctly (ex. flicks), I'd say it's because he's frustrating to learn.

Don't test your luck though, keep saying stuff like that and you'll be getting out-positioned by Minotaur Oni's for the rest of your days on DBD.

Scary.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

You mean the one killer in the game that doesn’t have a power till he first injures a survivor, and can be looped to infinity denying him that first hit?

• ImHexyAndINoed
    ImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 504
    Options

Strangely enough I've gone up against 3 Onis today. As for any other day of the week, it's mostly Blights instead.