Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Unnecessary Billy and Huntress nerfs... But when is the necessary Nurse and Spirit Nerfs?

2»

Comments

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Agree she is still strong.

But she's definitely not OP as many say she is.

And the fun part about those conversations is many say she requires no skill, but when you say you actually escape from her without iron will, they say you vs a bad spirit.

Like how can you face a bad OP spirit when she's requires no skill? 🤣🤷‍♂️

The thing is that many people refuse to thing outside of the box with some killers and just want them nerfed to get easy games.

Unfortunately the devs aren't that great and are pretty survivor biased as the stated many times over, so they will easily change/nerf killers because of that instead of looking other reasons

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't say she's OP or low skill either. I do think she should give some more feedback to survivors, though, and I actually don't think she should get corresponding buffs to balance that out. The way I see it, the devs should be working to minimize the gap between the strongest and weakest killers because it makes the game easier to balance overall. The way to do that is by buffing weak killers and nerfing strong ones. Given that she's one of the strongest killers in the game this feels like a perfect chance to make her a bit weaker and shrink the gap between the strongest and weakest killers a bit.

I disagree with the people who just want her nerfed because they want easier matches, but I also don't think they represent the player base at large. I'd expect most people want competitive and balanced games.

I would dispute the claim that the devs are biased in favor of survivor, though. It doesn't make any sense for them to cater to one side over the other when the success of their game depends on the the experience being fun for both sides. It also isn't borne out in the data; kill rates have not dropped over time and are actually quite a bit higher at red rank than they were closer to launch. You'd think kill rates would go down if the devs were just catering to survivors.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Same here, I disagree with those people.

I want a challenging match as it makes it more fun for me.

Unfortunately those people who want easier matches are the ones who cry the hardest over here at the forums.

The things I base it on that the devs are pretty biased are their comments during streams.

Not sure if it was nurse or spirit who got nurfed back then but they held a Q&A shortly after and the said more killers would get changed and saying "now that this killer got changed I started wondering, which killer do I not like to play against?", that became the doctor.

A more recent comment on a question they got asked about pipping for killers the said the find it harder for survivors to pip.

Why I don't know as pipping as survivor is the easiest thing in dbd, even right now where it is still broken.

And then you have that t-bagging state they found so funny to show and wanted to see it increased 🤷‍♂️

Also the problem with those stats is that they use it for balance while there is a perk in the game that alters the stats not in a good way.

Noed is not a very healthy perk in the game as they contaminated.

A killer can play really terrible and still get a 4k because of noed when they shouldn't have.

And yeah do bones is what should be done against that I agree.

For example yesterday I vs a doc and got chased while 4 gens popped and the only reason he managed to get me was because of noed.

But then again that is my opinion, just as when the devs said survivors with OoO have a low escape rate, which is understandable as most gets tunneled and camped out of the match.

Which doesn't give an accurate record of the annoyances of the perk and how strong it is on swf.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790
    edited March 2021

I haven't watched many of their streams, but I don't think that'd be enough for me to call them biased. For example, if you're a very strong player, it actually is a lot easier to pip as killer; you have 100% control of your performance as killer, whereas for survivor you're very dependent on your teammates to do well. If you're an average player, though, I would say it's easier to rank up as survivor because you're pretty much only going to depip if you get tunneled even if you don't play well, while killers can definitely depip from one match where they don't play well. I'd actually heard those comments on t-bagging, and I didn't take it as encouraging toxicity - it is a little funny to see, but I think it was smart to make sure you can still do it with the new animations for functional reasons. It's often used to communicate to teammates and to bait the killer, so making it hard to spam crouch would actually make it harder to communicate with other players.

As for the stats, the numbers themselves aren't really important when talking about bias; I'm more interested in the trend, because that should reflect the changes the devs have been making and should be more reliable than just taking the percentage. I made a long post on it here if you're curious https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/219891/the-devs-are-not-biased-against-killers/p1

Kill rates aren't the only data point they should be looking at when trying to figure out balance - far from it - but it does reflect the average experience of players in public matches. Maybe red rank kill rate is 68% because of players who were carried to red rank by skilled teammates, and who end up being a liability once they're there. Maybe it's inflated a bit by NOED. Maybe it's deflated by farming and killers giving survivors hatch. Doesn't really matter - at the end of the day, 68% of survivors in red rank matches do not survive the trial. This number is comparable to what it was in 2019 and 2018 and is substantially higher than it was in 2016. Overall kill rate was higher in 2018 and 2019 than in 2020, but it's still a bit above where it was in 2016. It's hard to blame things like NOED for the trend because they've been in the game throughout.

• AceOfSpades1773
    AceOfSpades1773 Member Posts: 74

You gave up a little too quickly. I still main Billy and his overheat isn't even noticeable unless you use your saw too much. Quit complaining about a killer that is still at the top.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501

*looks at the latest charts where it goes nurse then spirit then blight then freddy then doctor then pyramid head then hag* at the top?

• AceOfSpades1773

I was believing you until you said Pyramid Head. I'm sorry that you are unable to cope with a overheat mechanic.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited March 2021

In terms of power yeah pyramid heads up there with the others. He can end chases quickly by just holding m2 at every pallet,and ignores stuff like bt and ds which can slow other killers down. Idk what rank you play in. And billy on the kill rate charts literally gets beat by pig. And nah i still play him just making sure you don't overhype him and try to make him seem like he's better than he is. A 50% kill rate and 4.53 pickrate is less pickrate then nurse and less kill rate then....a lot of killers.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

I hope they fix huntress's hitboxes when they do her addon rework. Half of the time I'm behind a wall and yet I somehow still get hit.

There was one time when even a huntress was confused as to how I got hit so she let me go XD

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

As a nurse main with 1.5k hours, i agree, the problem is, at high level play, she is the only viable killer, but she is too strong.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

It's really hard to tell whether you're being sarcastic, or whether people really are this dumb to strawman a point.

Her power isn't to stay still... obviously! Her power is that she leaves a husk when she's phasing, so you're not supposed to be able to tell if/when she's actively phasing. You have to rely on (educated) guesswork, which is exactly the same that she has to rely on to make that tactic work!

Here's a tip. If you see a Spirit standing still... make distance!!! Don't camp a loop or pallet, etc, because you might lose the mind-game. Make distance, and she's forced to phase to catch up, but at least this time you can play a different mind-game knowing that she's phasing!

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

Wait, so you're saying Iron Will - which completely mutes injured survivors - is not broken. But Stridor, which allows Spirit to hear breathing, etc - which she needs because SHE CANNOT SEE YOU WHEN SHE'S PHASING AND THERE IS NO OTHER SENSORY INPUT AVAILABLE - is broken because Iron Will is doesn't mute 100% any more, but only mutes 50%?

Like... your idea of balance is for a survivor to be able to equip a perk (i.e. no skills necessary) that completely negates the only thing the Spirit has to track survivors during her power (which is the essence of her ability), and it's broken for the Spirit to have a perk that ensures this ability is always available, even at reduced performance?

Bruh, where you are guys learning these definitions for "broken", "balanced", etc???

• AceOfSpades1773

I play in Green ranks, purple at times. I'm not the best but I still perform incredibly well with him. Also, I guess I haven't been up to date with Pyramid Head, thought he was pretty bad. The only thing that changed about him was the fact his saw overheats. I have no idea how he gets outperformed by Pig. I really need to see a newer tier list. Point is, he's still a decent killer at least if you aren't braindead.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529
    edited March 2021

You really need to git gud if you think nurse needs more nerfing. She is really fun to verse now and you could meet actually god tier nurse now once every blue moon. If you aren't master with nurse yourself you have no room to speak