Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This needs to stop now..

Put yourself in this scenario:

You're last survivor... You get in an intense chase to find hatch... Hatch closes... You get to a gate... Before you could open it he finds you and eventually downs you....unlucky but still a ggs wp onto the next game right?

WRONG!

He nods at you and leaves you slugged whilst he wanders away... So you're stuck there, moving around for a whole 5 minutes trying to bleed out...

What is the point?

And

Why is this not sorted out yet?

Thoughts?

Comments

• CANxOFxCORN
    CANxOFxCORN Member Posts: 204

It is a strategy

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

Yeah it's still annoying though, we're expected to wait there for no reason and 0% chance of escape. So what is the point? Don't they want to go into the next game?

And I only included this example because it happened to my last game. But most times it's when they go to find hatch whilst I'm downed and then just stay at the closes hatch... They don't even come back for the hook they just stand there afk... Like why?

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

When I don't know where the last survivor is downed after I close the hatch, I go AFK as well.

Even if there is the possibility that the survivor will stay in place until the crows appear, usually they crawl to a corner of the map, so I don't bother to look for them.

• killz4fun
    killz4fun Member Posts: 165

@xXCAM3R0NXx this is a great way to get back at someone .. either that or it's just a toxic killer that wants you to spend some time thinking while losing the game..

Maybe you are the problem..

Or maybe there's just a lot of toxic killers out there..

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited March 2021

They are just toxic. Majority of players are, both sides. Even those that claim they aren't will bm you because they think looping or tunneling etc is toxic, so they feel justified. I had a game with Myers yesterday and he called me toxic because I jumped in a locker to avoid being tombstoned. At the end he was just there shaking his head watching me bleed out lol. I swear some people in this game are either too young or just completely braindead.

It is rare to see a game where my teammates don't bm a killer or the killer isn't bm'ing and hitting someone like me on a hook even if I never teabag or use gestures on them. And then they call you toxic which is even more ironic. And the messages you get are so hilarious and hypocritical. It is like they can't see things objectively and just spount random insults which doesn't even make sense.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

That's Bad advice, I get a door open on a killer all the time this way.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I have to ask because you never know. Did you do something to provoke the killer? Not saying ######### killer's don't exist but usually killers do this because you did something to piss them off.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

This has happened to me in a single game, a very toxic spirit who caught me last second on the exit gate, left me to bleed out and hit the air above me, said gg ez.

Only once.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 290

When it's a Hillbilly or a Nurse or a Spirit? There is no way of getting out. Same for the Trapper and the Hag. It's particularly bad on small maps, where gates aren't located too far from each other, letting killers just take a short stroll from one door to another.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

Yeah but what about the other 90% of games that don't involve anything you mention? Always worth a shot at any rate. The only map that's really hopeless is midwich, and sometimes if you're busted and you boop the snoot the killer let's you go. What's the point in just hiding in a corner to waste time and die I don't get it? Worst case you get some bps partially opening the door. If I'm the killer I let them get all the door points before I down em, and if it seemed like a baby or it's a meg they get to escape. Lots of killers do the same.

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

So what?

He just downs you and nods his head, why are you mad? /s

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Thats exactly what im doing everytime. Dead for dead, no way i give the killer more points or satisfaction while the only thing he does is running stupidely from a gate to another

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172

Because running around a pallet while having vision of the killer 100% of the time while also getting a speed advantage that you should not have is absolutely not stupid and brainless?

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

So the solution to the end game is to stretch it out for zero reason? To "avoid giving satisfaction" when the killer might just want the game to end just as much as any other average player?

How is that anything but hypocritical lol

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

It's kinda toxic but seeing as EGC is happening 5 mins is pushing it a bit lol.

Seriously though some people are just toxic like that just say gg regardless and move on. Besides they'll probably lose and get teabagged next match and then complain how survivors are toxic lol, oh the irony.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Yeah its not a swift end to the game so its unecessary.

But the egc is going to close it out long before you bleed out and that doesn't take 5 mins. Although if you are in dying state its does take longer I think its 4 mins.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to wait out an egc as killer because the survivors just won't leave. I'm not complaining I could go chase them out but often I'm maxed out on chase so there is no point going to the gate other than to get em out or watch them BM.

I break stuff (pallets/walls etc), spam my power for deviousness points or go make a cup of tea/crack another beer.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

I kinda wish there was a suicide button if that situation were to occur.

Well make it be held down, instantly suiciding on down is toxic as hell.

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

There is already an EGC timer. Enough for adrenaline or something like that to kick in. If not, you die in less than a minute.

I would like the hook to give you those 3 tries back when you're hooked at the end of the game. Yes, there is a 4% chance of escaping but still a chance and that's been taken away

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Just go to the bathroom or make a sandwich or scroll through reddit when this happens. The crows will start squawking and the killer will know you're afk. People who sit there and spin in circles or crawl around are just giving a toxic killer the satisfaction they're looking for. All they're doing is trying to waste your time because they can. Maybe they had a bad match recently or their mom yelled at them for not leaving the basement for 5 days and are taking it out on you. Or maybe they're just a troll. Whatever the reason, responding in any way just feeds into their BS and gives them an incentive to do it to someone else.

Recognize it for being as pathetic as it is and choose to ignore it.

Same when you're killer. If you're in a rush, push them out the exit gates, but what I usually do is sit in a corner afk and go do something productive for a few minutes so they're only wasting their own time.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

If there are lot's of pallets dropped I can let the survivor bleed for a while and go kick them. No biggie you can't force the killer to hook you.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 290

The keyword here is "might". He might want the game to end. He might want to be a jerk and slug me or mori me. Do I want to find out, when multiplayer game are invaded by all kinds of #########? Nope. I'm not teabagging, I'm just refusing to give myself up by running up to the switch or showing myself. At least it's more entertaining than getting slugged.

• saltmineinaction
    saltmineinaction Member Posts: 99

a couple days ago i had a game with 2 premades and 1 rando against a wraith. The rando suicided on hook and the 2 premades took a hatch without notifying me. Leaving me alone in the trial. So i surrendered since there were still a lot of gens needed to be fixed and me being alone. Also i had no idea where the hatch was and had no time to search for it.

The wraith downed me, took me to the hatch and dropped me next to it. I almost made it out until he closed it infront of me and just let me bleed out afterwards. Its one of the most biggest dick moves ever, like just hook me instead then.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

1) avoiding DS or deliverance or a chance at a kobe

2) salty and wanted you to suffer

3) if they had enough hook points, maybe they wanted to go farm some points by breaking stuff, laying traps, etc to boost the related emblem

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
  • Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Firstly, the bleed out timer is 4 minutes, not 5. Furthermore, closing hatch triggers EGC which lasts 2 minutes. Factor in getting to the gate, trying to open it, getting found, chased and downed, you're already looking at around 1.5 minutes on the ground max (assuming you only lasted 15 seconds in that chase).

Exaggerating much? I know you were going for dramatic effect, but you just sound silly.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
  • Raja
    Raja Member Posts: 319

Punishing you for your sins surely committed against his brethren

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

What'd you do to make the killer do that?

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,333

Agreed, that's just scummy. It shouldn't be allowed in the game, and even though some will disagree I don't see it any different than holding the game hostage. That is what we've wanted to move away from, and the Devs need to make it to where in that situation you somehow die quicker like the timer going faster.

• Spy
    Spy Member Posts: 37

First of all, it ain't 5 minute on the ground. Because endgame collapse will kill you. Second of all yeah that's a douche move from the killer but don't be mad because of it.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
  • IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited March 2021

Just go ponder life's questions for a couple minutes and come back. Being slugged is annoying but also fine. If you are worried about it bring perks to counter it. Most, not all, survivor complaints about killer perks or abilities can be addressed by just picking a perk, playing smart, or using an item ("I hate noed, ruin, and undying" well just use small game or another totem finding perk, "I hate being slugged" well use unbreakable or soul guard, "I hate bbq" get in a locker, "I hate hags traps" crouch or use flashlight, "I hate bloodwarden" don't open gate until unhook, and this list goes on and on.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

It's annoying and toxic, but there isn't really a solution unless we get a forfeit option as the last Survivor.