If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Theory on the unseen characters.

Options
thekiller490490
thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
In the original launch trailer, we see these survivors that have no relation to our current group. Maybe they are Vigo (the girl running) and Baker (guy caught in trap). Someone probably has already had this idea but it's interesting still.

Comments

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

These characters are earliest concepts for already ingame ones. So, sadly, no.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

I hope we get more about their stories even if they never appear in the game.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

The woman in the trailer is an early version of Meg, as a Dev mentioned, and I assume the guy in the bear trap is an early version of Jake seeing as he had Jake's voice (if i'm remembering that right) I suppose the woman on the hook in the basement was an early version of Claudette, seeing as we know the other was Meg.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

Or maybe they have all lost hope and became killers.

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Options
    My theory is that the unseen characters like Benedict don't actually exist and were made up to inspire hope among the survivors.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@RWoodrow said:
    My theory is that the unseen characters like Benedict don't actually exist and were made up to inspire hope among the survivors.

They definitely exist. The devs have confirmed the hatch was not created by the Entity.

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

@RWoodrow said:

They definitely exist. The devs have confirmed the hatch was not created by the Entity.

That confirmation doesn't really confirm Benedict is real. Only that the Entity didn't create the hatch and that the Entity may have a counterpoint.

A journalist can hardly make the hatch magically appear in front a survivor.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@RWoodrow said:
    That confirmation doesn't really confirm Benedict is real. Only that the Entity didn't create the hatch and that the Entity may have a counterpoint.

A journalist can hardly make the hatch magically appear in front a survivor.

I didn't say he made the hatch, but someone had to have made it. Besides, the only reason we even know of these unseen characters is because of flavor text. Flavor text is for the players; not the characters. There's no reason why flavor text (intended for players) would be, lore-wise, an attempt by the Entity (a character) to trick the Survivors.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

It has been heavily implied that Vigo is the hatch's creator as she is one of the few who has learned how to "Bend the fog's irrefragable rules"(Vigo).

Benedict is too deeply set in to be fake in my eyes, and as @Orion stated:

Flavor text is for the players; not the characters. There's no reason why flavor text (intended for players) would be, lore-wise, an attempt by the Entity (a character) to trick the Survivors.

Alex is an enigma only appearing in the flavor text of "Alex's Toolbox". (Given how we already have a male Saboteur character, Jake Park, I cannot help but believe that BHVR will release Alex as a female Saboteur. Her perks would help her better track the killer's belongings, IF they release her at all, that is.)

Murf is actually likely near death and wouldn't make sense adding to the game as he sounds like he would just be another Bill. Then again, since console lacks Bill perhaps they might add the old-timer to our roster, who knows?

Nikki would likely be the newest looper character if added as her one quote is ", Buckle up fuckos! Let's roll." Then again, who's to say Nikki wasn't the black runner from the trailer?

Sujan would likely be another medic character as her quote: "Be kind to one another. We're all in this together." sounds like something a kind and altruistic person would say.

Dylan would be a male stealth survivor or essentially a male Nea, given how his quote: Take it slow, he knows where you've been... just like I've always said: 'live slow and die old" encourages stealth.

Aiezyu would be a thief plain and simple because of how his quote is from Plunderer's Instinct "The pioneers used to loot these babies for hours."

Andy and Sassy I cannot think of for some reason.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@thekiller490490 said:
    In the original launch trailer, we see these survivors that have no relation to our current group. Maybe they are Vigo (the girl running) and Baker (guy caught in trap). Someone probably has already had this idea but it's interesting still.

i think they are the 4 original characters but diffrent, maybe they could come out with skins for these people even if it changes the character alot. it could be a ultra rare outfit

• ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103
    Options

The developers have confirmed that "pockets" exist in the Fog. We're only viewing one of those. That's probably why there's quotes for the new Survivors and Killers, unless one of our Survivors is writing those, but I think most believe it's Benedict Baker. Whether or not the ones mentioned are dead or not is up in the air, and it's probably going to stay that way.