Which license do you want more?

Since I don't know how to start polls I'll just have to do this a different way. Out of these 2 licenses, Resident Evil and Five Nights At Freddy's, which one does the fan base want more? Why do you want it? How does it fit in? Got any ideas of what TYPE of killer it would have? Like a destructive killer, very lethal, ect. And who are the most probable characters from the franchise to be in that chapter to you?

Comments

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566

Out of these choices I’ll go with Resident Evil as I absolutely love those games. I just don’t want to see Nemesis being pallet stunned and looped around the killer shack all game. 🌚

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,358

Resident evil wins for me every time. There are a lot more options to pull from too in terms of who to bring in for the killer.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

With the Resident Evil and Friday the 13th license, I'm happy, but any licensed character is fine by me.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

I WANT resident evil, but i realize that FNAF is probably easier to acquire than resident evil.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668

The Shining.

• NoxVeno
    NoxVeno Member Posts: 177

Sure Resident Evil, the plant boss from the first one. it can't chase but you have to do the 5 gens in the right order then find the red glyph. oh and you have to drop a pallet to get to the exit gate. yeah.......

• NoxVeno

plant wasn't a boss just one of the things you had to solve a puzzle to get a part to pass that area....maybe that was in 2....anyhow RE is a puzzle game set in horror but I wouldn't want to see either of those here

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited March 2021

Id be shocked if very many people picked fnaf of the two. Resident evil just fits so much better, is more influential/classic (often argued as the series that most impacted horror games), and having silent hill already in makes it natural to expect resident evil in as well. There are plenty of options to choose from that could fit and all play differently. Survivors as well.

Personally I don't care for fnaf. I'd rather many other licenses be in before it. There really isn't a survivor to pick from that they couldn't just make one up anyways. The options are all primarily the same besides some slight behavior changes and asthetically different. If they went with a possessed animatronic route they should just do their own thing

• Generator
    Generator Member Posts: 39

Resident evil, it would make much more sense and fit better than fnaf. Although a fnaf map does sound cool.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Demons by far, so we can have Tony the Pimp.

(Resi Evil is the bigger name, so would be better for the longevity of the game)

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Honestly, I'd be happy with either one. Both would bring in a flood of fans/ new players, both would be amazingly loved, but most important importantly ( to the devs), a large amount of profit. But if I had to choose, I'd go RE, mostly I want either Mr. X or Jack Baker most of all. I don't want Nemesis, 1: It will literally make the survivors the Mary Sue's each time they win against a Nemesis, the bastard would hands down easily be able to score a 4k easily, if they truly wanted to live up to his name from the old RE. Jack Baker, and Mr. X are the most human like of the two, and most logical, maybe not as popular as Nemesis, but a lot more realistic. I also want the Baker mansion as a map, that is a 'proper' swamp map ( Definitely not talking about Backwater, *cough, *cough)

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

I like FNAF, but I’d still choose Resident Evil between the two.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Resident Evil

is that question even needed with how much hate FNAF is getting when suggested? Especially on the forums.

personally i am not against FNAF, but there are many licensed i would choose over it.RE included.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

for polls you need to go to the polls subforum.

as for license, 110% Resident Evil.

i do NOT want FNaF in this game. it would absolutely not fit in at all and would, at least in my humble opinion, be quite cringe.

Mr.X / The Tyrant would fit in rather nicely though.

i'd really like to see him make it in some day.

• IWasLeft2Die

Yeah this is basically how I feel. I could be okay with it if other licenses got in first but also the content of fnaf can be easily copied into an original idea since it lacks any real survivor anyways

• Zesty
    Zesty Member Posts: 380

FNAF Spring Trap <3

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Resident Evil and Alien are at the top of my license list.

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited March 2021

Man I love alien a lot but just don't see it happening nor fitting in well. That's kinda why I make a push for predator instead since his gameplay is a lot easier to imagine and he would more likely be in those environments while xenomorphs seem more out of place, gameplay would be weird (it's hard go imagine they would hook survivors since there is no reason to think they care about the entity. Carrying would look weird. I highly doubt they would wall climb and ceiling climb which is a must to me.)

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I want to run around with a xenomorph so bad. he in fortnite now sooo uhhh.

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

Slenderman.

Going to main him even if he turns out to be the weakest

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Gremlins

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited March 2021

Rubber

Having a telekinetic sentient tire would be interesting

(If you like weird b movies check it out)

https://youtu.be/hVKgY1ilx0Y

• TomBomb
    TomBomb Member Posts: 14

Hard decision. I love both of them. I feel like resident evil would definitely fit in more but Fnaf is just in my heart. Loved it for... 7 years? Jesus Christ. Love to see both though

• Practical
    Practical Member Posts: 21

Hellraiser.

I'd love if Pinhead was the default Cenobite, but you'd be able to spend Auric Cells on skins for Female Cenobite, Chatterer, and Butterball.

When a Survivor was hooked for the first time, a random, second Cenobite would appear beside the first, and Pinhead would be heard to say, "Time to play."

When a Survivor was hooked for the second time, another random Cenobite would appear beside the first two, and Pinhead would be heard to say, "We have such sights to show you."

When a Survivor was hooked for the third time, all Cenobites would be visible at the base of the hook, and Pinhead would hiss, "Your suffering will be legendary...even in hell!"

I think it might be fun if the Cenobites could place traps and, when a Survivor tripped the trap, both the Survivor and Pinhead would be stuck in place (the Survivor would be ensnared in chained hooks, while the Cenobite would spread its arms wide). The Survivor would then have to select either pleasure or pain. Depending upon which choice the Survivor made - and whether the Survivor succeeded the skill check that would follow - the Survivor would either gain bonuses to game-play, or suffer setbacks to game-play.

Finally, I'd like for there to be Lament Configurations placed in random areas. If a Survivor engaged a Lament Configuration, the Survivor would face a skill check and, if successful, the Survivor might be able to heal everyone on the map or, in some cases, might even be able to bring a dead Survivor back into play - essentially leading that dead Survivor out from hell. A failed check, however, might injure everyone on the map, or even Mori the Survivor who was foolish enough to interact with a Lament Configuration.

I realize these ideas are EXTREMELY rough, and would need quite a bit of refinement, but I wouldn't mind seeing something like this introduced into the game.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

I'd be fine with either one tbh.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Idc either way, but you always like one thing more than the other, right?

So i guess i'd go for Resident Evil.

Can't answer any other questions though, i've only played RE5, and i did that for the co-op.

I had fun.

• Giuliano1020_Twitch
    Giuliano1020_Twitch Member Posts: 106

The Shining from Stanley Kubrick

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

BHVR does their best work with original characters, even if the killer role is quite frustrating right now.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

If i had to choose between those two it will alwatbe RE. But my all time favorite is Chucky

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

The first RE game has the most puzzles. There are plenty of things making it fit. I mean it was a huge inspiration for Silent Hill. Without RE that probably wouldn't exist. There are so many options for a killer or maybe even multiple killers if they wanted to go all out. Lisa Trevor, Leechmen, RE1 Tyrant, Mr. X, William Birkin, Nemesis, Dr. Salvador, Jack Baker and more. All these characters fit perfectly. RE was never a puzzle game unless its the first one I guess. But RE is more of a survival horror game than a puzzle game. Its a survival horror franchise with puzzles.

• TheDarkTyrant

Mr. X has always been my top choice. Especially after RE2. And those footsteps. I don't want see Nemesis slapped around. Mainly because Nemesis isn't Nemesis without his weapons AND he already took a beating recently. He's one of the worst BOW's in REsistance, Mr. X became a better Nemesis than Nemesis in the remakes, and he kinda sucks in RE Verse.

• TheDarkTyrant
  • TheDarkTyrant

The thing about Predator is those are action films. I think Alien would fit pretty well. We have Demogorgon. Alien would basically be Demogorgon but the Xenomorph has more abilities so he'd probably automatically be better if they did it smart.

• TheDarkTyrant

I understand why people like RE5. Its just disliked by most of the RE community since its just a worse version of RE4. For most people at least.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

We have KPop now so anything goes. Mary Poppins and Maleficent are good shouts.

Joking aside, gotta be Alien for me.

• TheDarkTyrant

Mmmmm I'd have to disagree. They get creative and stuff but I feel like the licenses get the most care, love, and effort. Its pretty obvious to. If I was working on characters for this game and got to make a licensed character I'd definitely be putting in more effort then say any of the unlicensed ones. I love the licenses and I'm sure the devs do as well. That's why when they come out they actually function. Twins didnt. The licensed characters created whole new mechanics or expanded on already existing mechanics. Michael created obsessions. Pyramid created the new coding for like the ground thingy. They also created some of the most used perks. Decisive, BT, Unbreakable, STBFL, PWYF, BBQ, ect. They impacted the game most in my eyes.

• TheDarkTyrant

Alien would be so awesome. Probably very hard to get though since Alien... Is just probably bigger than anything in DBD atm. Like Alien is loved by both groups, action and horror. I love horror and action. The first movie was horror and we have action films. Its good if its for more than 1 audience but since it has multiple groups of people, horror and action, its bigger than idk, Halloween or Nightmare or Bubba because those only appeal to horror people. So 1 group. I hope it happens someday though.

• TheDarkTyrant

Im not as invested in characters like that but I know enough about him. Or at least I know what he can do. I never liked the new films mainly for his appearance. I thought the old costume was always the best mainly because he actually looked like a friendly Clown. I know its a movie but who would EVER go near that new one? He's supposed to lure kids in and if he is he should look friendly. Kinda. Anyways I do hope to see him someday because like I said I don't know too much but I really do think he's cool.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

sidney from scream the only one I want when comes to killers I got what I want couldn't care who they add.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Yeah I also think is that its best we leave poor Nemesis be, plus if we don't get Mr.X, Jack Baker is a high contender

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

I've got to admit that I'd love a FNAF chapter with Springtrap as the main killer (other characters could become available through skins, like they did with the legion.)

Phone Guy could even have a cameo in the game tutorials. Lol.

But nah, on a serious side, I think it would be easier for BHVR to get the license for FNAF than it would be for RE.

• Midievalfantasy
    Midievalfantasy Member Posts: 30

Resident Evil, no question - though my kids would disagree since they are huge FNAF fans. If they put Leon in DBD I doubt I'd ever use another survivor and any killer from those games would be interesting. It just seems like a natural pick, to be honest. Outside of FNAF or Resident Evil, though - and this is stupid - I'd love to see Chucky. Being killed by a little doll with a big attitude would be fun. There are really so many killers that would be interesting to see in this game and so many great ideas for them floating around (Candyman and the use of mirrors, for instance). Above all of these though, Resident Evil would still win it for me. It's just a classic.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

FNAF is pretty meh IMO. Resident Evil all the way.

• RamiSamii
    RamiSamii Member Posts: 173

Between the two, Resident Evil. Out of everything in the franchise, although I wasn't a fan of the game, RE7 would be the most realistic choice imo. Either Ethan or Mia as the survivor, and Jack Baker as the killer.

• NoxVeno

yeah I know...your right, but I just don't see the "fit" ...just having some fun ;)

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Hard choice since I love em both, but RE has more to work with in terms of maps, powers, killers, and survivors.

(Bring in Nemesis and have him use his flamethrower and mutate as the match progresses.)

• TheDarkTyrant

I feel Nemesis is way too much for DBD. He can run probably faster than Billy and have even more control over his movement.