Is it camping...IF

Options

Hey guys start off your post with the discussion title - or don't - I dunno :dizzy:

Is it camping IF - You just hook a Dwight and you spot Meg lurking behind a rock waiting for you to go away so you chase her off, then see claudette bombing upto the hook, smash her in the face as you wipe your blade you see Jake Park crouching behind a tree a mere 2 yards from the hooked Dwight. #rinserepeat until poor Dwight dies - Is this camping ? I don't think it is

Comments

• deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Options
    Nah I don’t think so because you never got a chance to leave and it’s not your fault they were so close to him
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Nah I don’t think so because you never got a chance to leave and it’s not your fault they were so close to him

I suddenly feel vindicated xD

• Fre_Shavacado0
    Fre_Shavacado0 Member Posts: 106
    Options

i don’t think it’s camping, why would you leave the hook if all other survivors are there... it’s not like you’re gonna sight see lol. they should be smarter to back off until you venture off to find them. i don’t see why people get mad for that.

• TeambossFloze
    Options

@Fre_Shavacado0 said:
    i don’t think it’s camping, why would you leave the hook if all other survivors are there... it’s not like you’re gonna sight see lol. they should be smarter to back off until you venture off to find them. i don’t see why people get mad for that.

You have no idea how much sh1t I got for that particular game and games following - I don't know how much you guys play killer but it's not uncommon to find survivors as you hook someone..but then get cussed out as a camper and its like...really? lol

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

It depends what you actually call camping.

To me, camping is staying around the hook to protect the hooked.
    In your case, you're camping, but you're not wrong to do so.
    Sometimes, camping is justified, sometimes it's not but the killer is unaware, and sometimes, it's just to be toxic/obnoxious and provide a poor experience to survivors while not stressing yourself out and trying to get free kills out of potential rescuers.

Not sure why people consider "camping" as something bad or anything, unless it's done just to ruin other people's experience. It's a necessary mecanic since survivors can recover WAY too quickly if you simply leave the hooks and let them freely rescue as multiple survivors everytime.
    You're not a damn babysitter.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

To survivors even being on the map when a survivor is hooked could be considered camping. Don't worry about what they think. Their opinion on how you played your round of killer means less than dirt. Your job is to kill them. Do what you have to in order to reach that goal. They will be salty and insult regardless of how the match goes. Just ensure that the match was in your favor.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018
    Options

It’s camping if it negativly impacts me in any way shape or form.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

not camping, your prey is right there. Why leave?

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

Not camping, if everyone is there why would you leave?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

If the killer is on the map, he´s camping.
    /s

• TeambossFloze
    Options

some great responses xD

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

If survivors rush the hook or right near the hook after you get one up there, thats on them. Its not camping. They were stupid for not being more stealthy and making themselves seen.

• Manta
    Manta Member Posts: 117
    Options
    I think by the name "camping" it implies you stay put WAITING for something to happen. If they're there already, you're not camping
  • TeambossFloze
    Options

I knew I was right xD

• Homey
    Homey Member Posts: 2
    Options

I play SWF and 9 out of 10, the killer is face camping. My friends are not around the hook to unhook him right away but it is annoying that the killer is not even trying to find us and all he is doing is making sure that the one in the hook is not unhooked. That is what I called camping

• TeambossFloze
    Options

@Homey said:
    I play SWF and 9 out of 10, the killer is face camping. My friends are not around the hook to unhook him right away but it is annoying that the killer is not even trying to find us and all he is doing is making sure that the one in the hook is not unhooked. That is what I called camping

I would call this camping too - I guess not all survivors are stupid :pirate:

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@Fre_Shavacado0 said:

They get mad because they think they should always win. and when their playstyle hurt them, they can't seem to fathom how they could play differently and decide to blame the Killer for adapting to the situation.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@TeambossFloze said:
    Hey guys start off your post with the discussion title - or don't - I dunno :dizzy:

Is it camping IF - You just hook a Dwight and you spot Meg lurking behind a rock waiting for you to go away so you chase her off, then see claudette bombing upto the hook, smash her in the face as you wipe your blade you see Jake Park crouching behind a tree a mere 2 yards from the hooked Dwight. #rinserepeat until poor Dwight dies - Is this camping ? I don't think it is

Personally leaving the hook after seeing two people would just be a bad move on the killers part..

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,963
    Options
    The only things I really consider camping is when
    1 . You stand there and hit/stare at me until I die.
     2. You proximity camp meaning you just run around in circles looking around me. I understand doing a loop around the things surrounding the hook once or twice then running off,Bc honestly if the survivors are not bright enough to give the killer some time to get away from the hook then they deserve to be whacked .they ran into danger ,  they knew the killer was there.
     3. I don’t know why this bothers me so bad but I come across this so much as a survivor but I feel like it’s a cheap move. When a killer is playing the pig and goes away and crouches waiting for the save. It irriatates me Bc there is no terror radius so nobody knows she is there. It’s way too stealthy imo. Do I get it from a killer prospective yes, is it absolutely a migraine for a survivor yes. Bc at that point the pig might as well be facecamping since the lunge is sooo quick. It happens almost every single match I’m in against the pig.  Nothing dissatisfies me more as a survivor though than the facecampimg chainsaw reviving Leatherface though. It’s so toxic it’s gross. Bc the saver and hooked survivor stand 0 chance I mean absolutely 0 of making it out of that. I won’t write the killers letters about it or anything. Sometimes that’s the way the game goes and I did get caught. Honestly idk I why I’m explaining sometimes I’m glad my fellow survivors get camped Bc then I stand a chance to get out by doing gens. When I’m getting hardcore camped I’d rather people do gens than try to single save me .just let me hang here and waste the killers time. We’ll both walk out with no ranking and low bp.

tips of the day to ensure your survival and mine from survivor to survivor
    1. Don’t try to hero save a survivor against Leatherface reving his chainsaw in their hooked face. It’s not going to end well for either of us.
    2. Give it about a minute before you try to save someone watch for a second and let the killer kick the generator /break the pallet/check the surroundings and then move on. It’s not going to end well for either of us if you rush for a hook save. Either I’m going up or you’re going up. Assuming the killer is decent.
    Don’t be a toxic survivor by hook rushing you’re just pissing me and the killer off. I say this as a survivor main.
     If the killer camps it’s probably Bc they are not that good or they are not a killer main and probably just trying to get ritual bp Bc they are not good killers. 
    3. Camping is only an effective strategy if you take the killers bait. Be smart know when to save a camped survivor by coordinating with your team to rush the camping killer with a fellow survivor . We are strong in numbers. Otherwise if you can’t get someone to help then go do a gen and save the entire team #letmedieforthecause 
    4. If you’re being camped hold on as long as possible for your survivor friends we need the time.#strugglebug 
  • TeambossFloze
    Options

@HeroLives said:
     2. You proximity camp meaning you just run around in circles looking around me. I understand doing a loop around the things surrounding the hook once or twice then running off,Bc honestly if the survivors are not bright enough to give the killer some time to get away from the hook then they deserve to be whacked .they ran into danger ,  they knew the killer was there.
     3. I don’t know why this bothers me so bad but I come across this so much as a survivor but I feel like it’s a cheap move. When a killer is playing the pig and goes away and crouches waiting for the save. It irriatates me Bc there is no terror radius so nobody knows she is there. It’s way too stealthy imo. Do I get it from a killer prospective yes, is it absolutely a migraine for a survivor yes. Bc at that point the pig might as well be facecamping since the lunge is sooo quick. It happens almost every single match I’m in against the pig.  Nothing dissatisfies me more as a survivor though than the facecampimg chainsaw reviving Leatherface though. It’s so toxic it’s gross. Bc the saver and hooked survivor stand 0 chance I mean absolutely 0 of making it out of that. I won’t write the killers letters about it or anything. Sometimes that’s the way the game goes and I did get caught. Honestly idk I why I’m explaining sometimes I’m glad my fellow survivors get camped Bc then I stand a chance to get out by doing gens. When I’m getting hardcore camped I’d rather people do gens than try to single save me .just let me hang here and waste the killers time. We’ll both walk out with no ranking and low bp.

1. Don’t try to hero save a survivor against Leatherface reving his chainsaw in their hooked face. It’s not going to end well for either of us.
    2. Give it about a minute before you try to save someone watch for a second and let the killer kick the generator /break the pallet/check the surroundings and then move on. It’s not going to end well for either of us if you rush for a hook save. Either I’m going up or you’re going up. Assuming the killer is decent.
    Don’t be a toxic survivor by hook rushing you’re just pissing me and the killer off. I say this as a survivor main.
     If the killer camps it’s probably Bc they are not that good or they are not a killer main and probably just trying to get ritual bp Bc they are not good killers. 
    3. Camping is only an effective strategy if you take the killers bait. Be smart know when to save a camped survivor by coordinating with your team to rush the camping killer with a fellow survivor . We are strong in numbers. Otherwise if you can’t get someone to help then go do a gen and save the entire team #letmedieforthecause 
    4. If you’re being camped hold on as long as possible for your survivor friends we need the time.#strugglebug 

Great post mate

in regards to killer pt. 2 - I find that I only start doing this if I know there is a survivor there, maybe I've caught a glimpse or there is some trails. If not i'll go to a Gen.

Killer pt3. yeah that's cheap af :) I agree its crap

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,963
    Options

@HeroLives said:

Great post mate

in regards to killer pt. 2 - I find that I only start doing this if I know there is a survivor there, maybe I've caught a glimpse or there is some trails. If not i'll go to a Gen.

Killer pt3. yeah that's cheap af :) I agree its crap

The game is for survivors and killers. It should be enjoyable for both.  Yeah if they hook rush you don’t feel bad for them if they didn’t even give you time to clear out. You’re not a camper they are just toxic survivors. You found them , you hooked them. You deserve to kick that generator, break that pallet and patrol the area before exiting that’s how killers get points. If survivors can’t respect that then whack them for being goons. They are literally asking for it by being right there and trying to rescue as soon as you hook someone up.

As a killer i would be okay with hook rushing Bc you can just beat them all up then. That’s how when I’m on a team we usually lose. Everyone wants to bomb save instead of do generators and we end up all dying. Meanwhile I’m on a generator like guys for ######### sake stop hook rushing. We have 0 generators done and you all are on your second hook. Now what are we going to do hmm? Strategically from a survivor POV it isn’t smart to hook rush. 
    Killer pov seems like the entity has shined down on and blessed you with survivors. None stratigic ones ,but survivors none the less. 

Bottom line no you weren’t a camper for that and you doing what killers do is nothing to be ashamed of. They signed their own death notes for that. 

-your friendly neighborhood survivor

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Story time
    I was chasing Bill as Trapper when someone finished the final generator. I managed to down Bill. Literally right in front of me, Tapp gets trapped, I hit him so he's down when he gets out. Claudette is standing there trying to shine a light in my eyes. I turn and quickly get up the hill I was standing by (Map was Coldwind Farm). I hook Bill, then Claudette gets Tapp out of the trap. I chase her away before she can heal him. I'm about to go chase her to hook her when I see Meg literally running in my direction to save Bill. I hit her, she runs. Claudette comes back while Meg runs into a trap. I manage to hook Claudette, then Meg, Bill was already dead, then I hooked Tapp. They had the doors open and everything.

Short story short, pretty much exactly what you had. Just a different reaction from the Survivors, as the Meg basically said they were being stupid for not leaving that one area, forcing me to "camp".

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

No ofcourse it's not camping. Same when playing a SWF who just follow you towards the hook. You cant go away to give them a free unhook. When my BBQ doesnt proc I wont go full map away, its just common sense