If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do you create your own lore?

Options
TheMadCat
TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

It could be a bit weird as we have lore about characters, but depending on what outfit I use, I have a kind of "personal lore". I invent the stories of the characters, still using a little part of what we know about them.

Like, Nea is still from Sweden to me, but her story could be different from how I play her. I don't remember her story, it might be the same in the end! I'm not here to tell you what story for all characters, but more: do you "forget" the real lore and create your own?

I just want to know if I'm not the only one. And actually, I would love to hear your own stories.

For Nea, as I just bought her the outfit with a skate, I started to picture she is a tomboy, only friend with males (kinda based on how I was when I was a teenager). Once, she travels to Japan with her parents, to visit. Her parents allow her to go for a walk if she doesn't go too far, and she meets Yui. I don't remember Yui's lore neither (I'm terrible remembering lore), so, for me, she speaks a bit of English... Both of them know enough English words for having a conversation.

Yui find a way to say she is curious about skate, and Nea answers she is curious about motorbike. The time Nea stays in Japan, they teach each other their favorite sport. But time to go home comes, and Nea gives her adress to Yui.

"Send me letters?"

Yui smiles. She will do.

Well... Actually, I have so many ideas–not meaning they all are originals and interesting– that the lore could change a week later. So, a week later, the story between Nea and Yui could be like it never existed. Nea, or Yui, could have a totally different story then.

I love to create stories, I do this for absolutely every game I play. I'm kind of competitive, always trying to improve, but RP is important to me too. I can't imagine playing without having that connection with the characters, existing ones or one I have to create from scratch.

Tell me your own stories! Or hit me because I don't take the lore into account. TT_TT

Comments

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101
    Options

they do have a bit of description.

but also I like to think that these outfits are rather lore in a multiverse scale, like the Entity goes to different universes where the survivors and killers have different lives and remember what they wear, then have the survivors and/or killers wear those outfits. some of them don't know why they're wearing them, but accepts wearing them since survival is more important.

Evidence of this is apocalypses Jeff.

But yeah, it's nice to make some headcanon ideas and lore for the characters.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,836
    edited March 2021
    Options

Yup, I have my own version of the lore. I know it's obviously wrong, but it's fun to make regardless.

For example, it's not a series of trials but a maze consisting of changing realms, whereby survivors who are sacrificed and randomly thrust further and further away from the escape, all the while suffering a continuous set of nightmares. The bonfires are merely a brief respite to guide them to the next section of the maze.

Also, I have linked it to The Magnus Archive podcast as a realm in the post-change world, whereby people are trapped in neverending hellscapes.

There's so much you can create with it, which is what I really like about it! On the positive side, whilst there are thousands and thousands trapped here, the characters we play are retelling their accounts - meaning that they do get out. How or why, or for how long they were trapped is unknown though.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    Options

It's called headcanon and fanfic.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    edited March 2021
    Options

I don't know what headcanon is. I'm French, it could just be an English word I don't know yet.

Yes, it's kind of a personal fanfiction. I was just wondering if I was the only one creating my own world while playing.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options

Read this freaking awesome Fanfic after someone posted the link to it on Reddit, so I'll share it here.

I've pretty much integrated this story into the DbD lore in my mind, it just fits so well.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    Options

Ah, I see. sorry for having been snarky.

I met too many people who would act as if 'headcanon' and fanfic are below them while their own ideas about lore etc (that are just that, headcanons) etc are something superior. I was wary. I'm sorry.

As for your question:

Personally I have yet to meet anyone in any given fancommunity who would not have their own ideas etc about the characters, lore etc. I know such people exist, but I think they are rare.

What usually varies is how much someone indulges in things like that: Do they just have small bits and pieces 'filling in the gaps', or do they have big, elaborate ideas about things. And how do they react towards official lore?

• ihartTrapper
    ihartTrapper Member Posts: 17
    Options

When I first started playing I saw the Legion as being survivors who started killing those they used to be, I thought this because if I played against Legion I would think that were a fellow survivor only to see they wanted me died.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

I made a head canon for what kind of person Clown is, and how abusive he is to the survivors. basically something to make the character scarier

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

I have head canons for the original non-novel sized lore characters. Seriously, the devs are getting so long with their lore it's kinda hard to make head canons anymore.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    Options

Yep, it’s fun.

Especially since there are different versions of the characters in DBD. (Alternate Universes and such).

Almost anything goes.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Yeah, for whether the killers actually give hatch or let survivors escape. Like I could see Wraith and Trapper giving hatch Plague probably once with Clown and Doctor being the type to close hatch in your face.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

If we are doing our own lore can it be canon that between matches all the killers and survivors get frisky with each other. Gotta release stress somehow.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,952
    Options

This thread deserves a revive, it'll be fun to share ideas of our lore headcanons!

I've always thought of teabagging and taunting is actually something the survivors canonically do in the Entity's realm. I know it sounds silly but it'd be fitting for Feng mostly, considering one of her cosmetics' descriptions has a quote saying "GG EZ." Maybe the killers could taunt every now and then. I could see Nurse, Doc, Freddy, Clown, GF, and Trickster sadistically taunting their victims after they down them.