Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Entity Displeased. You killed the survivors to fast.

2»

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited March 2021

No I don't slug and let people die. The last game I had a 4k and depiped with having 10 hooks (not hook states). Seems like It happened mostly due to downing survivors without chasing (sneak and hit a survivor) so I didn't get the short chase bonuses. Didn't camp either

Regardless of how a killer achieves it, if a killer gets a 4k and stops all gens from being done there isnt a good reason for killers to not pip and I've had plenty of times I've depiped with this with even more safety pips. This is with multiple killers as well (Michael, wraith, freddy, leatherface, and hag). Why should killers "lose" for working efficiently?

Survivors do have a much easier time piping which is why emblems need evaluated. Killers emblems are dependent on survivors unhooking, the killers score for gens very quickly drops (due to gens done fast typically), and if you are using particular killers they aren't designed to fulfill emblems (like hag won't get chase points since it's not how she is designed)

• CanWeGetANewMap
    CanWeGetANewMap Member Posts: 74

They expect us to extend the game even though we can end it right there. I'm playing this game for fun, and extended a match unnecessarily is really boring.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

Same way if you only rush gens within 5 mins and get out without seeing the killer

At higher ranks you will depip even though just like an efficient killer you did the objective it’s not enough.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

I stopped using Hex Third seal because of this - it was too strong, against solos especially, and on many maps. I ended up having people die on first hook and that's no good for anyone.

• CanWeGetANewMap
    CanWeGetANewMap Member Posts: 74

What rank are you playing at if you think third seal is too strong?

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    edited March 2021

Red ranks at the time.

Edit: I shouldn't say third seal was too strong - I should have said it was too strong for me.

Post edited by Lynxx on
  • SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Well, If I recall the point of this system connects to a overarching problem with DBD as It progresses thou the years.

It is in theory designed to make sure no one goes where they are not meant to go and promote what the devs consider "heathy". Which ironically did the reverse. The system is design in a way that activity promotes the surviors treating the killer like a punching bag and also more or less turns the killer more or less into a bot or a souless killing machine who who is too effective to the point they are not having any fun and nor are survivors.

The rules of It basically hurts all parties..But, ofcrouse SWF who have enough communication that they can get all the points they need and basically take turns being chased around so they can get their points. Meanwhile,If you are soloing and not running Meta and trying a more gimicky build the game activity punishes you..Same with Killers.

On top of that as you stated healing takes killer points away, so does losing a survivor, and standing too close to a hook...In fact way too much ######### takes Killer points away.

Even,then If a game is long which "the entity loves so much" Does not mean everyone was having fun or having a good time...Which I guess If we want players to feel like the lore..Well, GG the devs made people unhappy. But,even If the game is long does not mean everyone is gonna pipe..because you can hook all four sobs twice and then finally kill two people and still end up with silver..cause, reasons.

It is by all designs overtuned to make It "Fair"...But not really.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Well, no one wants to watch a boring movie which is dragged out either.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

You must first understand the lore behind the Entity, and what it wants.

Then you'll understand the displeasure.

Don't race to slaughter, torture and torment.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited March 2021

The game is measured in minutes. I think the longest I made one game last was about half an hour. For better or for worst, the DEV are engaged in a balancing act. On one end of the see-saw is agency, i.e. your free will to do what you want. On the other end are the behaviors they would like people to engage in to try and make the game fun for everyone. Thus, they tend to let you have your agency, but it comes at a price. Killing too quick and without style, means less Blood Points, and slower Emblem advancement. They want you to be more like the horror movie monsters, and toy with your victims.

When opponents are properly matched (a rarity these days), this comes naturally. The Killer really is going to have to work hard and by default will earn more Blood Points and Emblem advancement. Longer games tends to make more points for everyone. When you are unequally matched, the Killer has the option to make a game last as long as he/she desires. Let me put it this way, if I've hooked three people before the first Generator is up, I back the heck off and wait for the unhooks to happen. The following reasoning applies:

1. These Survivors should NOT be in the match with me. I need to take it down a few notches. Why should they suffer because matchmaking is this bad? They can't learn anything if I put two to the back of their head.
    2. If they all die on the first hook I'm only cheating myself. It is only a step above disconnecting in so far as the loss of potential points and advancement. It is simply leaving money on the table.
    3. If I could do that so easily, what risk am I really at by letting the match go longer? Besides, I also put in Add-on(s), and offerings and they go to waste if I don't get my full fun out of the game.

If I were to play every match I enter into at maximum efficiency, I would be playing very differently than I do right now. The most effective play for me against the Red Rank squads I face is to take a 4v1 to a 3v1 as rapidly as possible and make the game impossible for them by attrition. Am I capable of that? Absolutely. I have a metric ton of Tombstone Pieces as well as overpriced Mori to use. I could be dirty and simply juice up, minus one and then they have very little chance. I could likewise hook one (using the Mori) play just enough keep away for them to go to 2nd Stage and then allow the unhook and then Mori. It provides the same result. Why am I not doing this? Well, it would get kind of boring to me. If money were on the line or this was a tournament, that would be different. But I'm playing for fun here.