What tier would you put DS in when it gets reworked?

Options
CaphnYT
CaphnYT Member Posts: 41

What tier would you put DS in when it gets reworked? 65 votes

S tier
20%
BlueberryTapeKnotCashelP14CaphnYTlandromatHealthore77992TheEntityNeaReverseVelocityMichealSOMENINJANAMEExarswager21ChalupaXIII 13 votes
A tier
46%
GibberishFallenRanger0Seiko300AChaoticKillerPirateDimekLeonardo1itamusstang62MrPenguinAhoyWolfShapedGeneralVpichumudkipPlantCollectorIcewhisperCornHubDerZuntorAzxx93AggressiveFTWRepostRiposte 30 votes
B tier
23%
[Deleted User]Boosted_DwightTaigaSadLegionAxeAwkward_FiendThicc_Boi_MyersDr_Emaraldpeachlover726BitingSeaVenusa_NIGHTMARE_HuDawgCanWeGetANewMapgilgamer 15 votes
C tier
6%
AdelooYordsBrequeNathan13 4 votes
D tier
1%
DistortedDream 1 vote
F tier
3%
IronWillKoukdw 2 votes

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options
    A tier

Still the best individual anti tunnel perk.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244
    Options
    F tier

We will see a huge increase of no obsession games cause people will stop wasting a perk slot on this perk, which will lead to a increase of tunneling. They are gonna buff DS back like the previous times they nerfed it.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options
    S tier

It's not going be used anywhere near as much and tunnellers can still quite easily tunnel a person to death even with DS.

However it's still S tier. Even hitting DS once in a game can either win or lose you a game. You may not get use out of it for 10+ games but when you do you could win the game for your team.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options
    C tier

I already don't see much people running it, and i'm not sure i'm liking the upcoming changes. Yes it will nerf the people who abused it and forced you to get hit by it, but it also buff tunneling more than it nerf it. Add all the changes and conditions but make it work up to 2 times, to truly counter tunnel (you know when the killer actively ignore other injured survivors around just to get you, the real kind)

So for me if it doesn't get those 2 times use it's gonna be C tier.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited March 2021
    Options
    A tier

99% of people who are upset by the change are mad that they can't abuse it anymore and have invincibility for some of every game. It needed to change.

Even with the change its still a very good perk. I think its easily in top 10 perks with the change. I've seen it way too much recently. I kept track of 30 games in a row (split between 3 days). Every single game had ds in it, with most having at least 2 people and several with everyone. The fact that it's run so much should indicate its very powerful and that it needs changes.

Post edited by IWasLeft2Die on
  • swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options
    S tier

man ######### the rework. the only reason i use this perk is cuz of campers and itll still do a good job at protecting me from them. a bit pissed about the fact that unhooking deactivates it

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options
    A tier

Still a good perk, tunneling dramatically increases the speed survivors die it's literally the fastest way to kill someone.

The ability to greatly hinder that with even just the existence of an obsession makes this perk still worth running, at least i know i will still run it.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options
    A tier

Yeah unhooking and healing feel unneeded especially when you can heal yourself by other means so all it does is hurt your team.

The reasoning for it deactivating when you do the healing is also BS since if your getting healed your also not getting tunneled so...

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options
    S tier

it did need to be deactivated when unhooking but im gonna miss those plays that i made with ds

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options
    B tier

Still the strongest anti tunnel perk in the game, but very situational still.

This is the same tier as I would have rated it before the nerf.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options
    A tier

The perks still going to do exactly what I've used it to do before now and stop actual tunnelling when I come off the hook so the change won't effect my playstyle at all. It will just upset the people that run in for saves and stay sat on gens because they can't feel invincible anymore. But it shouldn't do that anyway because if you're doing either of those things then you aren't being tunnelled.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Hard to say. It'll be entirely dependant on you being tunnelled to see any use, unlike now where you can use the perk aggressively. FYI I don't think it being abusable is, or ever was, ok. It being nerfed does mean that it will probably be useless most of the time though, unless you're just really unlucky and get tunnelled a lot. It's also dependent on the killer you use it on, as well as the map. For example, DS'ing a good Nurse would just be a minor annoyance for them but DS'ing an M1 killer, especially on a map favourable to survivors, could single handedly win the team the game. So essentially, some games DS could be S tier, whereas in other games it could be F tier. I think maybe a high C or low B is probably the best fit but I can't really decide which to put it in.

• fatbabyslayer
    fatbabyslayer Member Posts: 105
    Options
    A tier

A cuz itll still serve its real use, not its fake free win use