If The Trickster cannot 99% his Laceration Meter

Options
Surikato
Surikato Member Posts: 103
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

What about we nerf The Ghostface so that he cannot 99% stalk on specific survivors, since that's basically the same thing but an insta-down?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2021
    Options

What about the survivors being able to 99% the gates? That's an insta escape.

Besides I have a feeling this killer won't need nerfs when he gets here.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

I mean, comparing Trickster and Ghostface is already questionable, but comparing Exit Gates with both of them is nonsense.

@Topic:

It does not really make sense to compare those two Killers, since they work different. Ghostface has to sneak up and stalk, while Trickster is a ranged Killer. There are miles between them.

• Surikato
    Options

So that means that any other killer is better than the Trickster, heck even Trapper is better than him, Trickster does not have map control nor even good ranged attacks, you have to throw 8 fricking knifes to injure someone and if they keep dodging your throws, you will have to throw another 8 knifes because of the Laceration Meter going down overtime

• EvilJoshy
    edited March 2021
    Options

I was using it as a point to display how absurd this thread is. A more accurate comparison. Mikey can 99% his EW2 and pop EW3 whenever he wants. So because trickster can;t 99 his power does that mean Mikey needs a nerf too?

• Surikato
    Options
  • EvilJoshy
    Options

Yes it is. I'm not even sure I want to unlock him and I have enough shards to do it.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

If anything he needs a buff.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    Options

I think the meter shouldn’t regress. He’d be able to apply pressure much easier then.

Either that, or make the meter regress much slower.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited March 2021
    Options

True but i mean... you have to be close to that distance as trickster anyway and land your 7 knifes after using like 20.

Oh and they have to be injured.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited March 2021
    Options

I hate this about Ghost Face. I think it's fine that he can 99% the meter, then approach and finish the stalk. I just don't like that accumulated stalk points persist indefinitely, even after multiple reveals. Here's how I'd change him to address this and other issues I have with him:

Nerfs:

• Allow Ghost Face to be revealed within his full 40m stalking range.
    • Remove the radial indicator when Ghost Face is being revealed (but keep the audio cue).
    • Remove the 20% body visibility requirement to reveal Ghost Face. If he can stalk he should be able to be revealed.
    • Reduce the time reduction from all Night Shroud recovery time add ons.
    • Make stalk points start decaying after a certain amount of time (-1.67 SP/s starting 60s after the last stalk, for example; can be tweaked for balance).
    • Add a short amount of persistence for survivor reveal progress (5s, for example; can be tweaked for balance).

Buffs:

• Substantially reduce the base recovery time of Night Shroud (30s -> 20s, for example; can be tweaked for balance).
    • Remove survivors' ability to reveal Ghost Face over obstacles and around corners. If he can't stalk he should not be able to be revealed.
    • Add a few seconds of killer instinct on any survivor that successfully reveals Ghost Face (5s, for example; can be tweaked for balance).

Neutral:

• Remove and replace his Driver's License and Ghost Face Caught On Tape add ons.

My goal is not to affect his balance much on the whole, but hopefully to reduce some inconsistency and frustration for both sides. Feedback welcome.

----

I didn't play the PTB so I have no thoughts on Trickster's power lol

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

the body reveal being 20% is so he doesn't get revealed through walls, i believe in the ptb it was even less than that or it was just any part of him and he was constantly getting revealed through walls.

I do think nightshroud needs a buff to it's cooldown as it is wayyy too long.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited March 2021
    Options

Ah, that makes some sense. I bet they could get around this by not letting Ghost Face stalk or be revealed through tiny gaps in the walls of the shack, the wooden jungle gyms on Coldwind, etc. With the exception of railings and fences, like on The Game, I would be cool with stalking and revealing not working through most of the walls in the game. I'm basically just looking for the criteria for stalking and revealing to be the same for both sides so there are fewer frustrating moments where you get revealed around a corner by a survivor you can't even see, or when you're staring right at a Ghost Face that's stalking you without being able to reveal him

Definitely agree about the base cooldown - even if they do nothing else on my list, I'd love to see a lower base cooldown and compensatory nerfs to his cooldown reduction add-ons.