Should survivors not have map offerings?

Options
Witherrr
Witherrr Member Posts: 85
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

In my time of playing both sides for 2,000 hours, I've noticed an immense strength in the ability to bring a map you want and being able to make a build around that map, but I especially see a strength on the survivor side with bringing a map offering. I genuinely think map offerings are stronger than moris and possibly even ds. The fact a team can take you to badham and ormond with deadhard, or midwich with ooo, or haddonfield with balanced without a warning can make a game rough to the point where the killer doesn't even want to play it and alt+f4s. what are your thoughts? personally, I don't think they should. That kind of power, on top of what survivors already have, comms, exhaustion, medkits, ds, It's just too much imo.

Comments

• Salty_Huntress
    Salty_Huntress Member Posts: 151
    Options

Personally I believe that survivors should have map offerings even more so now that we have an offering that cancels out any map offering form ether side. What we really need is the maps to be more balanced for both sides and no breakable walls.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,898
    Options

Survivors having map offerings isnt the issue, survivors having 1 map offering being equal in value as 1 killer map offering is.

I mean, otherwise the argument could be made that killers who build around specific maps also shouldnt be able to use map offerings either. Let alone that survivors have no clue what killer they are facing. Some perks might be extremely powerful against one killer, but are an intense weakness to another to the point where running 3 perks would have been better. An easy example would be No Mither, it's actually relatively good against a Plague as it reduces your noise quite a bit, but against most other killers, not having any perk in that perk slot would be better.

As for offerings, I mean, we've had 5 years of mori's not being announced causing survivors wanting to alt f4 constantly, causing disconnects to be common enough for people to demand a penalty. So map offerings inducing disconnects is not a fair argument anymore, regardless of how annoying it could be.

As for the remaining powers, comms is pretty much the only thing making survivors powerful.

So yes, the current state of map offerings should be addressed. Survivors should at LEAST be required to use 3 map offerings to cancel out 1 killer map offering. Just as current players are required to use 4 identical map offerings to counter 1 Sacrificial Ward. Just combine the Sacrificial Ward code with killer map offerings, and the whole issue is fixed.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,481
    Options

Not a great idea.

The Killer would always bring offerings that will take them to the exact map that favours them. You can already bring an offering that negates the map offerings the Survivor's bring. No need to remove their input altogether.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I would be fine if BHVR just removed map offerings from both sides. It's very very rare that I make a build for a specific area and bring an offering to try to go there.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Then literally no one would run Scratched Mirror Myers (or the like).

I think it's only fair that survivors get to see the selected offerings of their fellow survivors in a pre-game lobby, so at least the survivors have the chance to plan accordingly. As mentioned earlier, the killer can burn a Sacrificial Ward if they're that concerned about a particular map.

• Witherrr
    Options

I do agree, and I even said before if I had to get rid of scratched mirror so that surviviors can't take me to red forest and haddonfield, then I'll take them removing them from both sides. I just have a conflicting opinion on killers losing map offerings because killers are the powerall and they're supposed to have that kind of control ideally

• Witherrr
    Options

thing is that isn't guaranteed to work, one survivor offering is equal to one killer offering. and killer is kinda meant to be the powerall, so even though them having map offerings to use builds that play around the map makes sense, I see where you're coming from and I wouldn't see it as a bad thing if they just removed map offerings altogether, in fact, I'd welcome it

• Witherrr
    Options

Well I'm looking at it from an ideal route. what seems easier for the devs to do?

• Witherrr
    Options

I wouldn't be against it. I'm not far away from saying killers shouldn't have them myself. Only reason I didn't say that is because it makes more sense for the killer to control the outcome of the map since he's the powerall

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

I think having them on either side is kinda silly because it can turn the match into ones side favour before it's even started which doesn't seem very fair for the other side, killer or survivor.

• Witherrr
    Options

I don't agree with all of those, but you did make me think about how aids huntress and billy on autohaven is. spirit and doctor is just aids on any map. It's just that, i don't see a killer with a map offering can compare to 4 man comms with dh, dh, unbreakable, and borrowed and 4,000 hours with very few exceptions. I don't think It's enough to get rid of map offerings for killer, and I've literally never seen any of the killers take me to any of the maps you listed off. That doesn't mean I'm against it, just neutral. But if I had to in order to get rid of map offerings for survivor I'd be all for it

• Witherrr
    Options

I can see that definitely. It's just that I don't really think it would be as reasonable to get rid of them for killers, it would be understandable. map offerings are stupid. I just think it's primarily a problem that survivors have that in their already immense arsenal compared to killer

• Kirkylad
    Options

There's certain builds that killers can do that become very powerful on certain maps though and it greatly tips the match in there favour because of it.

I'd just like maps to be balanced so either side feels like they have a chance on all of them. Haddonfield for example I don't like this as killer or survivor because as killer you have to go full try hard to stand a chance unless they are potatoes, plus I don't like it as survivor because once I load in I know this is going to be a pretty easy match and I want a challenge because it's more fun.

• Witherrr
    Options

but let's be honest, we're never going to have every map balanced. And though I commemorate the devs for remaking maps and trying to balance them out, taking a break from spewing out new broken maps, They've just made some maps worse, ones that were already bad. only fix i can think of is just to remove the ability to be able to take yourself to a map

• Kirkylad
    Options

I agree certain maps just tip things into one sides favour so it's better to at least have a random one generated. Plus we've all had the horror of loading in vs a team and seeing a haddonfield offering lol, once you see that you know it's going to be an interesting one to say the least.

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410
    Options

I think everyone should have map offerings (both sides) or nobody have map offerings. If it was taken away from survivor then killers can choose maps to their build and it would be unfair for survivors.

• Witherrr
    Options

agreed. map offerings should just be removed altogether