We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

DBD Homage to Pitch Meetings

Options
Moundshroud
Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,460
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

Big Boss: So you have a new Killer for me?

DEV: Yes sir... we call him the Trickster.

Big Boss: I like it! So he he has some sort of gags and tricks? He disguises himself to look like a Survivor?

DEV: That would be tricky, but no. He throws knives.

Big Boss: Well we already have someone who throws axes; this sounds like a step down.

DEV: He throws a LOT of knives. We basically make him look like a crazy cartoon character chucking them.

Big Boss: Well ok, but that doesn't sound like a trick, just straight up murder. What makes him tricky?

DEV: Well we call him the Trickster so people will just think about him that way.

Big Boss: I'm not sure that is how it works. Tell me more about him.

DEV: Well he is this K-Pop Star who thinks the sound of screams is his new art form.

Big Boss: Sounds like the Artiste or the Virtuoso would be a better name.

DEV: The what? I don't follow.

Big Boss: Well... those are names that have something to do with the background.

DEV: We already named him the Trickster, so I'm going to need you to get all the way off my back about it.

Big Boss: Well if it is already coded, I guess I don't have a choice. Tell me more about him.

DEV: Ok here is where it gets exciting, his knives make lots of little cuts wearing the Survivors down.

Big Boss: So his knives give them vicious papercuts and he has to hit them a lot?

DEV: Yeah, yeah... yeah!

Big Boss: These are like full sized knives right? How many times does he have to cut them.

DEV: Sixteen.

Big Boss: That sounds like a lot of cuts, but I guess it could get horror by them bleeding out from the cuts.

DEV: On no Sir; that doesn't happen. If he doesn't stay on them until they fall, the damage goes away.

Big Boss: It goes away? How?

DEV: I don't know, because otherwise it would be too realistic?

Big Boss: This sounds awful cartoony. Won't the damage going away force the Killer to just tunnel one person?

DEV: Right! The Trickster just chases you shooting off blades until you fall down.

Big Boss: People complain about that kind of thing. How will he deal with the problem of running out of knives.

DEV: Super easy; barely an inconvenience. He starts with sixty and can juice up from lockers.

Big Boss: Sounds kind of one dimensional; are you sure this is what the player base wants?

DEV: Absolutely; they are always saying how they want another shooter. Unless I read the stats backwards.

Big Boss: Did you?

DEV: I don't know. But don't worry about the one dimensional thing. He builds up to a big power!

Big Boss: Now we are talking! What does it do when it goes off?

DEV: He throws even MORE knives and FASTER.

Big Boss: Uh? Nevermind. What does he look like?

DEV: He is a Korean Joker, but not the good one.... the Jared Leto one.

Big Boss: Not so close to get us sued right?

DEV: Absolutely not. We also gave him a baseball bat with a blade, kind of Joker+Harley gestalt.

Big Boss: Sounds one dimensional and derivative; how soon can we launch it?

Post edited by Moundshroud on

Comments