DBD Homage to Pitch Meetings

Options
Moundshroud
Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

Big Boss: So you have a new Killer for me?

DEV: Yes sir... we call him the Trickster.

Big Boss: I like it! So he he has some sort of gags and tricks? He disguises himself to look like a Survivor?

DEV: That would be tricky, but no. He throws knives.

Big Boss: Well we already have someone who throws axes; this sounds like a step down.

DEV: He throws a LOT of knives. We basically make him look like a crazy cartoon character chucking them.

Big Boss: Well ok, but that doesn't sound like a trick, just straight up murder. What makes him tricky?

DEV: Well we call him the Trickster so people will just think about him that way.

Big Boss: I'm not sure that is how it works. Tell me more about him.

DEV: Well he is this K-Pop Star who thinks the sound of screams is his new art form.

Big Boss: Sounds like the Artiste or the Virtuoso would be a better name.

DEV: The what? I don't follow.

Big Boss: Well... those are names that have something to do with the background.

DEV: We already named him the Trickster, so I'm going to need you to get all the way off my back about it.

Big Boss: Well if it is already coded, I guess I don't have a choice. Tell me more about him.

DEV: Ok here is where it gets exciting, his knives make lots of little cuts wearing the Survivors down.

Big Boss: So his knives give them vicious papercuts and he has to hit them a lot?

DEV: Yeah, yeah... yeah!

Big Boss: These are like full sized knives right? How many times does he have to cut them.

DEV: Sixteen.

Big Boss: That sounds like a lot of cuts, but I guess it could get horror by them bleeding out from the cuts.

DEV: On no Sir; that doesn't happen. If he doesn't stay on them until they fall, the damage goes away.

Big Boss: It goes away? How?

DEV: I don't know, because otherwise it would be too realistic?

Big Boss: This sounds awful cartoony. Won't the damage going away force the Killer to just tunnel one person?

DEV: Right! The Trickster just chases you shooting off blades until you fall down.

Big Boss: People complain about that kind of thing. How will he deal with the problem of running out of knives.

DEV: Super easy; barely an inconvenience. He starts with sixty and can juice up from lockers.

Big Boss: Sounds kind of one dimensional; are you sure this is what the player base wants?

DEV: Absolutely; they are always saying how they want another shooter. Unless I read the stats backwards.

Big Boss: Did you?

DEV: I don't know. But don't worry about the one dimensional thing. He builds up to a big power!

Big Boss: Now we are talking! What does it do when it goes off?

DEV: He throws even MORE knives and FASTER.

Big Boss: Uh? Nevermind. What does he look like?

DEV: He is a Korean Joker, but not the good one.... the Jared Leto one.

Big Boss: Not so close to get us sued right?

DEV: Absolutely not. We also gave him a baseball bat with a blade, kind of Joker+Harley gestalt.

Big Boss: Sounds one dimensional and derivative; how soon can we launch it?

Post edited by Moundshroud on

Comments