Map offerings shouldn't exist

Options
Witherrr
Witherrr Member Posts: 85
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Now I've made a discussion about this in the past wondering is survivors shouldn't have map offerings but thinking about it extensively I just don't think they should exist at all. I just think they're too strong to be an offering and with the wide imbalance of maps they just shouldn't be in the game atm. Especially considering how much they make up the green rarity on bloodwebs, you almost never get party streamers, which is a much healthier offering in the game. I generally think surviviors are too strong as it is and map offerings are just an unnecessary addition to their arsenal, And in some cases I even think they make killers too strong. survivors having the ability to take the killer to haddonfield with comms, medkits, ds unbreakable balanced, and 4000 hours is not only frustrating but also very unfair, and huntress taking you to autohaven and sweating their head off is also frustrating and outright stupid. It's just all around an unhealthy map offering for both sides and they shouldn't have to deal with that kind of strength from an offering. I genuinely think they are the strongest offering in the game now. If maps were more balanced for both sides they wouldn't be a problem, but the way they are now, how a map can drastically alter the outcome in the favor for one side, they just shouldn't exist in the current state of maps. thoughts?

To everyone making the argument about sacraficial wards, tell me how many times you've actually cancelled a map using a sacraficial ward before running out of the four you got after leveling up your character with a million bp-

Post edited by Witherrr on

Comments

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427
    Options

The game is about doing 5 gens or killing 4 people, anything that alters it: maps, moris and map offerings should not be in the game because they are breaking the whole purpose.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

Well since everyone can burn a map offering its sorta balances out. Although i would maybe like to see a change in the odds so that the killer one is slightly more favored in a situation where survivors burn multiple different maps.

At the same time i wouldnt want to see them gone, mostly because map rng sometimes hates me. I usually use them after getting the same map multiple times, coldwind 3 times in a row, im burning a map to go anywhere else. Also if going for a rift challenge, fall 3 times in a chase, hello haddonfield. Can also be huge game changer if going for adept challenges as killer.

• Im_Tired
    Im_Tired Member Posts: 101
    Options

But if we didn't have offerings, I'd just be playing 10 different variations of coldwind farm or 15 versions of autohaven before seeing anything new

• Witherrr
    Options

yea you're right, ten rounds of killer and I've been sent to red forest and haddonfield against a sweat squad that just sat on gens and camped godloops seven of the times is just me whining i guess. not even an exaggeration btw.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

IMO they should be favored to the same amount. Otherwise, using Map Offerings as Solo Survivor would not make any sense at all.

Agree on the second part tho, I dont use Map Offerings as Survivor, but yesterday I had 3 times Thompsons House in a row, followed by Rotten Fields (last one as Billy, luckily), so I burned MacMillan and Autohaven for the next couple of games.

@Topic:

I dont think that Map Offerings are a problem, but Maps are a problem. It is also fine that some Maps are Survivor-sided and others are killer-sided, just the extend is too much for some Maps. E.g. if Haddonfield would only be slightly survivor-sided, there is less problem with a Survivor burning a Strode Key.

So it should solve itself with the Map Reworks.

The only things that should change with Map Offerings IMO:

• if the Map is not picked (like when multiple players use an Offering), the Offering which is not used is not burned. Mostly important for some Killer Builds, because stuff like Scratched Mirror Myers is limited because of the Map Offerings and if you have to play on another map because the Survivors burned an Offering themselves, you should at least keep your Indoor Map-Offering.
    • Sacrifical Wards should not be burned when no Map Offering is used. You can only use them by guessing anyway, so they should just be returned when nobody burns a Map.

Those are the only changes related to Map Offerings which should be done IMO.

• Witherrr
    Options

mean, either way you're gonna have survivors sending you to the same bloody map seven out of ten of your killer games. better rng than a sweat squad

• Witherrr
    Options

of course I wouldn't have a problem with map offerings if the maps were only slightly survivor or killer sided, but that just isn't the case plain and simple. and the map reworks have just worsened the state of some maps, like imo gideon is worse than haddonfield now. I just feel like map offerings negate some of the skill of actually playing the game the way it's meant to be played because you're dependent on a map to win the game for you, that's not okay. and if sacraficial wards didn't get burned when a map offering didn't get burned you might as well remove map offerings at that point, because then you can just slap that thing on every round till someone tries to send you to haddonfield, then have four more to repeat the process.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

With all the maps that currently exist and we don't even see thanks to rng, I don't think we need the option to hand pick.

• PlantCollector
    PlantCollector Member Posts: 344
    Options

Yeah, i agree. I don't care if they are solo or swf but i don't wanna play Haddonfield or Farm over and over again.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I don’t mind offerings no matter which role I play. Only time when I ever burn one is if my last 3 matches have been in the same map.

• PlantCollector
    Options

From 4 Survivors you only need 1 to throw the offering, which means, they can keep doing that for a good amount of time until they run out of it.

Also there is more than 1 map offering they can choose from (Red Forest, Farm and Haddonfield)

As Killer you need to get the sacrificial ward which takes like 3 bloodwebs to get one to only block it for 1 round.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

Sounds reasonable but what about funny builds like jumpscare Myers? Like try that ######### on coldwind xd

• PlantCollector
    Options

Yeah, tbf i think removing them is a bit exaggerated, because it can be fun sometimes, with certain builds that can only be used on specific maps as you said, but im not a fan of forcing people onto specific maps, doesn't matter which role you play.

Also i personally only use map offerings for challenges and if i do i don't pick the ones that will upset my opponents.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,001
    Options

I think there should only be one map with all generators and hooks an equal distance away so that everything can be perfectly balanced.

Maybe get rid of all killers except Trapper as well.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

Yes, because I'm sure the game is always like this at all times. Funny how people with weird complaints always seem to only face SWF sweat squads 100% of the time and nothing else.

• Witherrr
    Options
  • Witherrr
    Options

man it's almost like it's a problem and needs to be looked into or smth, if killers can't even have one fun game where they feel like they have even the slightest control without losing it because they doubled back at a wrong time.. everyone should have fun in this game, not just the one who brings strong items and offerings. offerings aren't supposed to influence the game that heavily, that's why they nerfed moris and got rid of moonlight offerings.

• Witherrr
    Options

That's technically what the game is with map offerings in it lol

• Witherrr
    edited March 2021
    Options

why can't you delete comments on this forum lol

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365
    Options

I agree. I've been playing since 2017 on BOTH sides and although map offerings can be nice after getting a string of bad maps over and over again, it's really dumb how in a ranked game, either side can bring a map that can completely shift the game in their favor.

• Witherrr
    Options

I don't get how this is a weird complaint. I'd say it's more of less an unpopular opinion that would be one helluva step towards the steps the devs have been taking to make sure offerings don't alter the match severely. And I'm not saying it's swf 100% of the time, hell this ######### even happens when I'm playing survivor with my friend. Got two games in a row where one of the two survivors brought us to ormond and we destroyed the killer. I got my "weird opinion" From playing both sides since 2017 and having both personal experience and seeing it happen to others. A majority of Insecure players bring themselves to strong maps when they aren't confident in their skill, happens all the time.

• Witherrr
    Options

######### EXACTLY. I've gotten the same realm multiple times in a row from survivors taking me there more than by rng. People just do not understand that the majority of survivors are in a swf and a lot of those people want a good map so they can win, hell even I do it sometimes.

• Witherrr
    Options

Exactly. I really feel like a lot of these people arguing against this haven't played both sides or just are lucky enough not to experience this because you cannot truly understand what i mean until you've experienced it for yourself. It is excruciating, and everyone i know who plays both sides and has more than 1000 hours in this game agree.