BBQ Addiction

I dunno if I can stop. I love the bp soo much and the grind never ends. Yet, I have this nagging need to use 4 perk builds, instead of my usual 3 perk builds with automatic BBQ included as 4th.

While becoming a skilled Killer, I used the 4 stack as the personal win and BP as my goal.

I’m starting to morph into a new stage of Killer...where I no longer view BP with as much importance, and I constantly hover over the idea of taking off BBQ.

Whenever I do though, I’m discouraged by the end screen. It’s like a man losing his wealth and trying to live the peasants life, I don’t like it. I also constantly hook and look for my next victim, out of habit, only to revert to hunting near hook, thinking they are nearby, since I couldn’t see anybody while using BBQ.

So, I pose these questions.

• Are you addicted to BBQ?
  • If you are, what goal do you think you need to reach to give it up?
  • To those that gave it up, do you have any tips or suggestions?

I’ve seriously been struggling these last 3 days, trying to shake off this addiction to BBQ, I feel like survivors are more annoying and frustrating when, in the back of my mind, I know I’m earning less BP for all this grief they give me.

Please Help >_<

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

Yes

To give up bbq they would need to raise base bp gains or give bbq as base

Personally not an issue to make 3 perk builds bbq is just a good consistent perk that increases bp and gives decent information to speed up the flow of gameplay maybe look for more addon variety's to fill the gap where a 4th perk might be.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I'm addicted to BBQ and Lightborn.

There is no goal, really. Even if I get every single character to Prestige III, I hoard items/add-ons/offerings. It's a compulsion.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited March 2021

They need double bp base or bbq is staying on

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

-I'm hopelessly addicted to BBQ.I pretty mucher never play without as long as i have it.

I technically don't need it anymore because i have pretty much all my survivors and killers on P3 + all perks.

I really want to experiment with other builds but it just feels so bad just to get like 20k-30k points :(

-I will probably never take this perk off

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

It’s about the points or I’d switch to a different tracking perk.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I play with two perks. Because I need shadowborn and millions of bp.

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

This might be an epidemic. Is their really no hope?

Oh well, can’t say I didn’t try. I’m coming back BBQ!

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

T̖͇ͫ̃́h̨̟͍͈͕̖͔͑̍̋ͧe̢͚̪͎̦ͥͬr̷̬͖̉͛͋ę̰͙͉̏̐ ͉͇͚̙̼ͩͨ̄ͨ͜i̸̺̱̼̖͎ͣ́̐ͅś͙͎̩͞ ̧̰̮̜̙̌̽̈n̷̤̲̫̯͖ͤ͑͊̚o̢͕̹̪̜ͤ ̢̜̳͕̣͇̘̯̱̈́ͤͣ͊e̡͍̩̔s͓͍̥ͧ̌̕c͎̟̠̼̓ͤͮ̃́ͅa̪̫͈͇̩͕͈̎̌̓͡p̶̱̲̞̙͎̱͐̌̓̈́é̂͏̼̩ ̡̣̳̼̹̤͈͔̈f̷̼̘̭̘͚͓̓́̃ͮṛ͎̜̣̣͋ͬ̓̀o͇̱̖̱̐̉͡m̠̣͔̘̪ͤ́ ̬͓̦̫͕̣̔̚͢B͖͎͓̔͢B̵̩͕̙̫̹̟ͯ̔̑̿Q̓̃̂͏̭̞̮̻͚̬̗̰

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

I'm at the point where I have all perks unlocked on the killers and survivors I play and enough addons so BP are no concern concern me. Bbq is good even flr aura tracking bit ill take it off sometimes for other more useful perks if I think they'll be better for the killer.

• ImHexyAndINoed
    ImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 504

I was like you once...son let me tell you a story.

I was addicted to spine chill. I couldn't leave home without spine chill. Every day I woke up saying good morning spine chill to my beautiful spine chill, heading off to spine chill in my spine chill convertible. After spine chill I'd stop at the spine chill and get a nice cold pint of spine chill. Then go home and play DBD, and yes you guessed it I ran premonition!

No wait spine chill! Yes!

But after 12 months of intense hard training I conquered the spine chill. I use to wake up and go to sleep thinking about nothing but spine chill. But I embodied an iron will through a sheer Unbreakable force by not using my beloved spine chill. Now I'm a free man.

Son, don't give up. You may struggle without your precious spine chill(whoops BBQ) at first. But hold out, you'll get there! You have the tenacity! It's one hell of a power STRUGGLE. But when you conquer it you'll be a better player, and a better person.

TL DR: Honestly mate the only real way to get through this is by not using BBQ fir a long ass time. I use to be unable to play without spine chill. I was basically a rank 15 again, however it was only after hours of experience that I got the hang of things. And became a better player because of it. Don't give up!

Ps it doesn't take 12 months don't worry

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054

I use bbq for bp mainly trying to get 500 RHPF on clown, but I don't need it or addicted to it. Although I am addicted to shadowborn, and I can't see anything without it on, because the base killer fov is actually horrible,

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

This perk is very good.

I cannot live without it.

So yeah, I relate.

• Bigbubbaboi
    Bigbubbaboi Member Posts: 41

Not only am I addicted to BBQ I play survivor a lot to and all I do is try to get we’re going to live forever stacks

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

I only run bbq if I have a free slot for it. I won't run it for Pig for example, but even on the killers I do, it's pretty normal for no survivors to show up.

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119

I love BBQ and I will not give it up. There is no goal to reach. It will remain a perk that I use unless something better comes along.

Spoiler Alert: Nothing better will come along.