Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Returning player discomfort and Matchmaking

Drae
Drae Member Posts: 52

Another common rant but i've personally never partecipate in any discussion of this genere.

I've reached, as killer, the 8th rank in 2020, my personal maximum. I'm not a good player, i'm aware of it. Then i left the game for some months and i came back to play last week. This evening i was rank 17. I'm totally rusted and i cannot even aim the power of my old main, the doctor. Well it has been quite a misarable experience this return.

Everytime i won, i won because the players were so new to the game that they were not even able to drop the pallet from the right side. Then, i faced a 4 man SWF team with two red ranks and two smurf accounts with a coldwind offering that used me to practice 360° then trash talked me at the end ( that i play like a dog, that i'm a dog, that i tunneled them, sure 4 hooks on three different players are tunneling now). It was one of the smurfs. Then i faced a 3 man swf of rank 4/4/5 with a brown rank in solo. Again i basically did not played at all.

So i've learned nothing today, my training from this evening was basically 0 because i barely played in victory and defeat, thankfuly i have BBQ, at least i got some bloodpoints.

Call me noob, call me stupid, your choice but for this time i want to ask a really basic question: why this game can't have a normal ranking system?

Normaly in a videogame if you are at, let's say, red rank, the highest, you can only face red ranks. In other games if you are a red rank, you cannot join the game in party with brown/bronze and yellow/silver ranks and generally the matchmaking is balanced on the highest rank in the team. Why dbd can't have this?

I'm a bad player but not a brown/yellow rank player. I don't want to stay in the lowest rank where i will crush basically every new player but everytime i face a red rank swf, i'm going to lose, i've never had the experience to face them and now i'm also out of practice and everytime i lose, the slower become my progression in the ranking ladder and the more new players and returning players are going to face me or any other returning player with more experience.

I won every single game where i faced a full team of brown ranks since my return as brown rank. Yet, i'm still really really low, rank 15. This is the only game where players can find hard to exit the lowest rank because the game can demand you to win against top rank premade teams.

Don't know guys. Share here some thoughts if you want. I know that in the past the problem with the matchmaking i suggest was the low playerbase, but i doubt it is still the case. I really don't know what is the advantage of the present matchmaking and rank ladder.