Toxic Is a strategy

REL1_C
REL1_C Member Posts: 619

I'm not toxic myself but when I see other survivors being toxic like T-bagging and clicking there flashlight, it's a strategy. Your baiting the killer to chase you, the killer becomes tilted and then complains about survivors, boo hoo. I have played both sides, if you have a brain then you know you shouldn't follow the *click click* survivor. Same with for killers, camping at 1 gen is unfortunately is a strategy, a boring one but a strategy nether the less.

I don't condone toxic players but I know why they do it. Survivors do it to bait and killers do it to show dominance.

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

It's funny seeing people complain about teabagging/FL clicking when the old DBD website used "taunting the killer" as a direct gameplay mechanic to bait chases.

Someone doing something you don't like in a game (that is entirely within the rules/design of the game) is not "toxic". Being an A-hole in the post game chat and saying horrible stuff is toxic, falsely reporting is toxic, back when I was on Xbox some dude used the e-mail in my profile to literally find my IRL facebook account because I used a perk he didn't like. THAT is toxic. This is the only community I've ever seen use that term to describe intentional game design.

I mean can you imagine if people called using grenade launchers in CoD 4 "toxic"? lmao

If that stuff is "toxic" to you, or even better actually baiting you and making you lose matches you need to stop being so easy to fool. It's an 18+ game, a butt dancing animation should not be making your blood vessels pop up on your neck.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

I think that why they are being toxic like teabagging, and fl clicking is because how the killer gets immediately taunted. People on dead by daylight said they should have the middle finger emote, which scared me have to death. I was facing the hillbilly and then I was being toxic to him by dropping pallets at him, teabagging, and even using a flashlight (which he didn't have lightborn). It's quite normal when you reach yellow rank or green rank, definitely red rank is hella toxic when it comes to survivors.

• yeahboi
    yeahboi Member Posts: 11

If you have some daft moron just clicking and chasing you, I usually take that as a win cause thats one less person on a gen. How fragile do you have to be to switch targets for someone like that?

• gibblywibblywoo
  • gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Oh I definitely click my flashlight or T-bag a killer who is tunneling or camping to take aggro away. I really want to annoy them so they go after me instead of my teammate on death hook.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

they always go after me so, I usually make them go somewhere else by being toxic, even if they tunnel or even worst: Huntress uses hatchets at you even if you drop a pallet a little close to her and she grabs her hatchet and uses it at me. I just use decisive strike if they tunneled me.

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 205

I mean, the same argument could be used about tunneling. It's quick and efficient and honestly usually the wisest strategy.

But survivors piss and moan about being tunneled like it's not a legit gameplay tactic that's right in the game and not cheating, so obviously it's not bad, then?

• gibblywibblywoo

Should have started a whataboutism timer.

Yes, you are correct. Tunneling is in the game. It's been confirmed a million times to be intended. You can play that way if you want to. Is it fun for either side? Not really. But its intended.

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288

Is it toxic to pretend to run in to the killer and quickly run back to the other side of the pallet when they swing and slap it on them. Because I had unless two killers that start be toxic to me after they finally got me.

• Micheal

Ya I'm a ash williams main I try my best in districting them. I can usually pallet 3 times in a row and they get really mad and don't care about the offers.and they start waking me to death on the hook. 🤣

• Micheal
    edited March 2021

If I cant get a killer on me I just look for totems or do gens. But there are those stuped people out there.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 299

Once, I refused to heal a flashlight clicker multiple times, no matter how stubbornly they ran after me, doing aggressive crouches. When I did though, I made sure to fail medical checks several times just to make them yell and left without finishing to heal them.

Why? Because these people are so darn annoying to survivor and killer alike, that's why.

• gibblywibblywoo

It's very in character for Ash to annoy a villain into focusing him above all else. Props.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,188

It's a valid strategy. Take various horror movies (or a lot of genres for that matter!), where someone will try to distract the killer, or lure them into traps by shouting abuse or creating noises - this is basically the same thing. Likewise, teabagging at the exit: many a time in movies the hero will say a one-liner before ending the killer.

I don't do the teabagging at the end, but I've tried to distract killers away from tunnelled unfortunates (which is likewise a tactic used by killers - take out the weak to lure the others).

However, I guess what I'm saying is it's only toxic in-game if you allow it to be. View it as part of the scenario and it becomes very palatable. Really, the only behaviours I can think of which are genuinely toxic are abuse in post-game chat; cheating; working with the killer; exploiting bugs at the detriment of your opponent. Those actions need to be dealt with heavily, but if it's in game and within rules it's part of the story.

• Cosmocat
    Cosmocat Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021

I remember when you used a Carl Gustav RPG against infantry in "Battlefield BC2" or you killed someone with the Martyrdom perk in Cod4 MW it was considered to be a toxic way of playing by a lot of players, they didn't use the word "toxic" tho but that was the same idea.

IMO that's non sense, the game allows you to do that, so what's wrong?

Clicking the flashlight, t-bagging the killer in DBD is okay to me, baiting is a strategy if your plan is to give your teammates extra time, and trying to generate frustration in the killer's mind is some kind of psychological warfare.

As a killer I never feel frustrated but I feel free to tunnel whoever click-clicked me or t-bagged me because that survivor wants me to focus on him, he asked for it.

The only thing I dislike is 3 or 4 survivors spamming 360's, t bags and flashlight clicks against an obviously noob killer, that's unnecessary.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Nobody spits you in the face when playing DBD either and on a note you would be surprised how many chess players resort to do little things to annoy their rival in an attempt to get on their nerves. Angry people perform worse, its a tactic as old as competition.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

This. Too many sensitive people nowadays. You teabag, how dare you!? You flashlight spam, how dare you?! You tunnel, how dare you?! You camp hooks, how dare you?!

People find a 'problem' with other's behavior because their mentality is - if you do A, B or C, you're being a dick and I don't like you. Grow up and have some skin and don't take offense to legit anything you deem as 'toxic'. Unless the person is actively insulting you at end-game chat, its no big deal. Stop assigning everything as toxic. Some real snowflake type mentality.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

If your genuinely good enough then you don't need to resort to pathetic tactics to win the game

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

So killers aren’t pathetic when they tunnel. Cause that’s a pathetic tactic. Yikes

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Whats the strategie behind 4 survivors tbagging and clicking in the gate then?

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
  • Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Tilting your opponent causes them to make mistakes so you have an advantage. I don’t see why everyone’s so mad at it.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Don't chase them, its what they want and it's not what they'll get. You can always catch them later, although in my experience, the toxic sods are always the ones that always seem to escape and finish with the most points. Its a computer game so people act like melons and get away with it, just gotta be the bigger person really.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Not bad at all. Not my preferred style to use or verse, but not toxic.

Still get a gg from me.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Exactly. It's a game, play how you want and let others do the same!

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Funnily enough what you claim is toxic isn't toxic at all, so I agree with you. Crouch spam and flashlight clicking is only toxic if you're doing it at the exit gates.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

It is a tactic. But i doubt many use it that way. When i play killer i win most of the time. Almost noone is toxic.

But when i tried nurse and im a really bad nurse, i got so many teabags and flashlight clicking. I dont care about that behaviour anymore, but it shows that most survivor use it when they already winning. So the intention is just to bully when you are in a position of power.

• SpitefulHateful

It's funny how people who tell to "grow some skin" whine the loudest when any of the strategies are applied to them. Or when players just refuse to communicate with them because of their attitude.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

And to a lesser extent camping. If it draws multiple survivors off gens then the strat worked. If they power through gens than it didn't. It's not a well-liked strategy, but it is one nonetheless.

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119

This right here. If they [BAD WORD] around, their teammates get to find out.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

Lol quit projecting. You don't know me and you don't even realize that you are the classic example of someone who finds a problem with everything. Of course situations can be frustrating, does that make it toxic? No. And 'whining' when you take offense to my post is 10/10 irony. But keep on assuming, bud.

• hak_kie
    hak_kie Member Posts: 12

Exactly. I don’t think it’s being toxic. You’re legitimately trying to get the killer away to benefit your team. It’s the killers choice to take it as being toxic. Maybe you’re trying to bait him into a savage loop. The killer can fall for it and that choice lost him so much time. Killers need to not get frustrated and see the mind games. Don’t get me wrong. I’m Not saying some survivors don’t have “toxic” intent when doing such things. Just don’t let it distract you :)

• SpitefulHateful

So, anyone responding to you in any other way than positive or agreeing means they took offense? Lol, thanks for illustrating my point.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

Did i say that? I don't believe I did. Stop trying to turn this into a 'them vs us'

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

I do think it's funny though when the clicking flashlighter or constant tbagger gets tunneled out eventually for a 3 or 4k win, and the postgame chat is "You're just a tunneler/camper". I always just say "You gave me the sign - clickity-click/tbag means camp me hard, daddy". You want my attention, now you got it! :)

No problems with trying to click a flashlight to distract a killer though. Usually it's a benefit as noted previously.