The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

They postponed the DS nerf

Pathetic, BHVR

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

They've just explained why on stream, it benefitted SWF teams too much, and it didn't feel great.

I guess you guys want more perks that specifically help SWF play?

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Vietfox said:
    Wow, i'm sure they will do now whatever you want them to do
    ‘Tis but a meme
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited October 2018

@ZombieGenesis said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    because we need even more threads from crying killers talking about the DS nerf.

Glad to see some people admit to derailing threads because they've taken it upon themselves to decide "what the forum needs".

Except I gave him an answer to why the DS nerf didn't come, I specifically spoke about his issue, I didn't derail anything you lunatic.

You however, came in here and didn't even talk about the issue at hand, just talking smack about me.
    Hypocrite.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    SenzuDuck said:

@ZombieGenesis said:
    No, dude, you can't just meme here or SD and his jerk off squad will jump all over you. Don't you know this is their forum? Do NOT post anything they do not like or you're a "bad killer who needs to git gud and just wants EZ 4KS LULZ!"

because we need even more threads from crying killers talking about the DS nerf.

Here's another thread of you insulting killer mains for actually having a valid compliant. Let me guess, you 4k with perkless Freddy against 4 DS survivors using flashlights... Correct?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@SenzuDuck said:

Glad to see some people admit to derailing threads because they've taken it upon themselves to decide "what the forum needs".

@ZombieGenesis
    We were talking about DS and it was you who derailed the topic by talking about SD squad.
  • Vietfox
    edited October 2018

@Vietfox @SenzuDuck Let's be clear, neither of you trolls were "talking about the topic". You were trolling the OP with sarcasm and non-constructive comments. It had nothing to do with anything except getting your daily dose of LULz.

@ZombieGenesis
    U are wrong,  it was the same analogy
  • Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    U are wrong,  it was the same analogy

"Wow, i'm sure they will do now whatever you want them to do"

Yup, no sarcasm and nothing but constructive comments there.

Yeah, that was sarcasm.
    What i meant about derailing it was your comment about SD squad.
    Thought it was clear enough.
  • Exyes
    Exyes Member Posts: 27
    I honestly don’t understand why killers hate DS so much, there are multiple ways to counter it, and you most likely know if someone has it. Unless it’s not the obsession, but at that rate you fkd up to begin with if you’re traveling that far.
  • Exyes

@Exyes said:
    I honestly don’t understand why killers hate DS so much, there are multiple ways to counter it, and you most likely know if someone has it. Unless it’s not the obsession, but at that rate you fkd up to begin with if you’re traveling that far.

Honestly, I think it's becoming less about DS itself and the culture that the Devs have cultivated over the last 2.5 years of ignoring killers in general. A change to DS was promised, a long time ago, and it's just been excuse after excuse after excuse. At this point, I think they could make ANY change to it and people would be like "Thank god that's finally over". It's like it's just become a battle of attrition with the devs where one side is like "You said this AGES ago, please just do it!" and the devs keep BSing stuff off.

True, but they have made changes that were promised and people still complain. I mean I’m not defending the devs here by any means. But majority of this forum is full of complaints about literally everything about the game lol. If people hate the game so much then why do they still play it?
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    SenzuDuck said:

They've just explained why on stream, it benefitted SWF teams too much, and it didn't feel great.

I guess you guys want more perks that specifically help SWF play?

Not like people didn't expect it.
    Solo survivors can't tell that you have Decisive and won't be able to coordinate pallet and flashlight saves as perfectly as SWF.
    Oh well.
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

What bothers is that after they explained why it didn't make the cut, they didn't bring up any other ideas they have for the perk. Giving the impression they currently don't have any and if that's the case then whatever the change ends up being is waaaaaaaaaaaaay out in terms of time.

• SwampGas13
    SwampGas13 Member Posts: 7
    Can't you just reduce the size of the skill check by a percentage based on the number of people who have the perk?

Holy crap best idea ever.
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@SwampGas13 said:
    Can't you just reduce the size of the skill check by a percentage based on the number of people who have the perk?

Holy crap best idea ever.

People who use decisive strike use it every single match. You can make that skillcheck as hard as you want, it won't change anything. They've had hundreds of hours of experience hitting it.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Exyes said:

there is no way to hard counter DS, what are you smoking?

• Exyes
    yeet said:

@Exyes said:

You serious? Here are some counters: Dribbling, Enduring, Rancor, Slugging, smacking them down when they’re by a hook, even that spin and smacking your weapon makes half the people miss their DS.

On top of that, even if they DS off of you, if you caught them before, it shouldn’t be hard to catch them again.

What are you smoking?
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

Dribbling only works if they're the obsession and they are dumb enough to get themselves downed right next to a hook. Granted, a lot of decisive strike users are that dumb, but many aren't. Enduring isn't a counter. It reduces the stun time but they still get away and get to loop pallets unless you're a Clown and they're the obsession. Rancor kind of almost maybe works as a counter if the survivor is dumb enough to get caught at the end when they know you're running Rancor, but it does nothing against the other three survivors. Slugging isn't a counter, it's just making the best of the situation.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

It's just their way of saying "Let's hope people forget about it if we keep postponing it!".
    The devs absolutely FEAR nerfing survivor perks, especially meta ones, because of the massive backlashes that always follow. And then they always revert changes or nerf killers in some way to make up for it when they get review bombed.

It always happen.

• godren
    godren Member Posts: 120

just play the nurse

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Exyes said:
    yeet said:

@Exyes said:

You serious? Here are some counters: Dribbling, Enduring, Rancor, Slugging, smacking them down when they’re by a hook, even that spin and smacking your weapon makes half the people miss their DS.

On top of that, even if they DS off of you, if you caught them before, it shouldn’t be hard to catch them again.

What are you smoking?
    None of those are HARD COUNTERS.
  • Exyes
    edited October 2018
    yeet said:
    Exyes said:
    yeet said:

@Exyes said:

What are you smoking?
    I’m sorry, where’s my hard counter for BBQ, Nurses, Make your choice, Haunted Ground? BBQ you move closer, nurses you don’t heal, myc you grab immediately when in range or hide if they’re not, haunted well you’re fkd. DS???? Slug, dribble, enduring. Quit bringing up “hard counters” when literally it’s one of the most countered perks in the game but people can’t handle an ego hit when the survivor stuns them for a mere 4 seconds.

Also, I’m guessing you want all pallets reworked too since you know, you can get stunned from those as well. 
  • GT_Legend2
    Exyes said:
    yeet said:
    Exyes said:
    yeet said:

@Exyes said:

What are you smoking?
    I’m sorry, where’s my hard counter for BBQ, Nurses, Make your choice, Haunted Ground? BBQ you move closer, nurses you don’t heal, myc you grab immediately when in range or hide if they’re not, haunted well you’re fkd. DS???? Slug, dribble, enduring. Quit bringing up “hard counters” when literally it’s one of the most countered perks in the game but people can’t handle an ego hit when the survivor stuns them for a mere 4 seconds.

Also, I’m guessing you want all pallets reworked too since you know, you can get stunned from those as well. 
    BBQ hide behind a gen aura OR get close, Nurses don’t be a dipshit and heal 2ft from the killer, haunted ground don’t cleanse the totem or use no Mither, DS: postpone by dribbling (which can be countered by body blocking) enduring: literally take the DS and only not be as far afterwards, slug: they don’t get hooked and can now recover to 95%, again postponing the perk. DS has no absolute counter unless if you were to dribble, hook and camp, which is always fun, huh!
  • Gunmech04
    Gunmech04 Member Posts: 77

@fcc2014 said:
    I still feel they should have done something to DS even if it was reduction of stun time or made it if you were the obsession only. I really do get why killers feel jerked around by this out come. It has been tons of talk since before 2.0.... If you were not happy with the direction, maybe a different type of nerf for now until you decided to redesign the perk.

So what would happen to the other Survivors who aren't the obsession if they make that change? What are we supposed to do, go in with 3 perks only because Killer's can't deal with DS, or are we gonna have to pick a 5th perk to take the place of DS if we aren't the obsession?

• GT_Legend2
    Gunmech04 said:

@fcc2014 said:
    I still feel they should have done something to DS even if it was reduction of stun time or made it if you were the obsession only. I really do get why killers feel jerked around by this out come. It has been tons of talk since before 2.0.... If you were not happy with the direction, maybe a different type of nerf for now until you decided to redesign the perk.

So what would happen to the other Survivors who aren't the obsession if they make that change? What are we supposed to do, go in with 3 perks only because Killer's can't deal with DS, or are we gonna have to pick a 5th perk to take the place of DS if we aren't the obsession?

Or..
    ....get this
    ....don’t use DS in the first place!
    ez solution
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Gunmech04 said:

@fcc2014 said:

Yes risk/reward... You don't get a fifth option you shouldn't need ds to survive anyway.