Perk rarities

Options
Kiores
Kiores Member Posts: 34

Please tell me that I'm not alone thinking that the perk rarities (as well as some of the add-on rarities) are really odd, or not helpful at all, to the point where it's almost obsolete to have perk rarities...
for example, Calm spirit is "Rare" while Iron Will is "Uncommon"
this is simply one of many examples.
what perk rarities does now is increase the cost of some of the less viable/worse perks, since rarity affects bloodpoint cost in the bloodweb after bloodweb rework patch.
I've mentioned it a few times during live streams, but the chat is a bit active, and this forum seems like a great way to bring it up

TL;DR, perk rarities is obsolete as it is now

Comments

• SuperboyPrime
    SuperboyPrime Member Posts: 18
    Options

If they made the meta perks (self-care, decisive strike, sprint burst, etc.) rarer than other perks, then I would be fine with it. As it stands, it makes it so I get meta perks pretty early on, and I rarely get the perks that no one uses. So, yeah, it is pretty useless as is.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member Posts: 2
    Options

I miss my Ultra-Rare pink perks! :'(

• Kiores
    Kiores Member Posts: 34
    Options

@SuperboyPrime said:
    If they made the meta perks (self-care, decisive strike, sprint burst, etc.) rarer than other perks, then I would be fine with it. As it stands, it makes it so I get meta perks pretty early on, and I rarely get the perks that no one uses. So, yeah, it is pretty useless as is.

yes, but better up! it doesn't really affect the rate of when I get said perks, I've had character level from 1 to 50+ all perks besides 4, and 3/4 were of the Uncommon>Rare perks contrary to Rare > Very Rare
    (perks was We're gonna live forever, Tenacity and Wake up, had all teachables in the game before starting to level up from prestige 1 upwards)

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    Options

I would like it to be more uniform in some way, something like:

Tier 1 Perks are always Uncommon (Yellow)

Tier 2 Perks are always Rare (Green)

Tier 3 Perks are always Very Rare (Purple)

This way, finding Perks alphabetically would be much easier, and it would be more consistent.