Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should I even be at this?

cwaiglord
cwaiglord Member Posts: 10

Okay, so I'm a Demo, Trapper, Clown and Legion main ( Mostly play Legion) and I have 130 hours in DbD on Steam, I'm Rank 4 and I've been playing DbD for about a month, when I got to rank 4 I realized I'm playing against survivors with over 1K hours, I always get outplayed and it makes me wonder if I ranked up too fast, if this matchmaking is just still bad, or if I'm just bad and I shouldn't be getting outplayed, can I hear your opinions on this?

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

Legion gets the most points out of any killer due to how his power works, so it's extremely easy to pip up as him even if you aren't very good. That may be your problem

• The games ranking system is flawed and its easy to pip as legion and i have an opinion the ranking system kind of throws new players into the lions den and its often overlooked, the amount of killers that i have faced that i could run for the whole game is too many and when i was playing the game before i really got good i hated killer because i felt like i was playing people who had massive hour advantages on me so id play survivor for breaks from killer every now and then if you keep getting rolled

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,978

I mean, it really depends on what you personally consider to be win conditions here. The devs have even stated that if someone plays basement bubba with their own objective being to protect the chest, they are free to do so, even though its not an effective strategy to gain pips.

If your personal win condition is constantly stabbings survivors, Legion is great.

If your personal win condition is a 4k, then not so much.

If your personal win condition is 7+ hooks, then Legion is fine.

• cwaiglord
    cwaiglord Member Posts: 10

Yeah, well I got to Rank 12 with Demo, Rank 8 with Trapper, rank 5 with 4 with Clown, deranked as Legion, ranked up as Legion, deranked again, then ranked up again, now I'm currently sitting at 3 Pips at Rank 4, so I didn't get to Rank 4 really as Legion, but I'll try take notes of survivors play times in the next match I play