Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How are your thoughts on Myers currently as of now.

OMagic_ManO
OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
edited March 2021 in Polls

With the All Kill chapter soon to be released, where do you sit with Myers' position in the game now.

(This is exclusively base kit, add ons are not being addressed with the poll opinion, I want focus on him alone).

How are your thoughts on Myers currently as of now. 114 votes

He is fine as is. :)
27%
[Deleted User]kickasskielGeneralVInsaneCoasterKiwaynotstarboardMoundshroudTripleStealBear_TrapSOMENINJANAME_NIGHTMARE_RK67NOEDaddyRoachesDelightDemoFrogRyRapsYTmochabam97GuiltiiNathan13FairRelic64722 31 votes
He is outdated (explain why).
72%
GibberishHorsePowerBlueberryWoodywoolSurikatoTapeKnotF60_31Lily0brokedownpalaceblue4zionDimekDrNickMysteriosoLeonardo1itaBoosted_Dwightmusstang62MrPenguinSillierHorizon5AvilgusDr_Loomis 83 votes
Post edited by OMagic_ManO on

Comments

• OMagic_ManO

I was going to put more polls in but I accidentally submitted, if you have suggested changes, list below.

• OMagic_ManO

IMO there are elements from 1978 and now that are open for implementation for what he can do, thanks. :)

• HuDawg
    HuDawg Member Posts: 312

After all there is a reason as to why IMO he is the killer that needs buff

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

as much as i love my boy mikie (no homo), i do think that his power is a bit too basic. most of his addons dont give him a fair advantage, they either make him too strong or just make it so he doesnt suffer from his weaknesses. i feel like all they need to do is rework 75% of his addons and maybe make some of them built in (except for the tombstone ones)

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited March 2021

He is weaksauce. Breaking LOS or running into corn negates his power and even when you get to tier 3, unless you are using a tombstone you are pretty much just a joke since you are still an m1 killer with slight buffs in tier 3.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited March 2021

I would not say he's outdated. He honestly has something that is incredibly powerful that no other killer does. 100% undetectable that only ever ends when you want it to and you can attack out of. That being EW 1. A smart Myers player can get a ton of value out of robbing the Survivors of all the info they'd need to avoid him and not get stabbed, even without the Scratched Mirror add on.

However... there's a lot of maps in the game now that are way too large, way too open, or way too safe for Myers to be able to get any value out of EW1 or even out of the half size Terror Radius present in EW2. When you get one of those maps, you end up just trying to make him function as a slower, weaker Oni and it just rarely works. I don't think there's really anything wrong with Myers himself... I think the map design has just been screwing him over quite a bit.

Seriously, there's all the Badhams, Rotten Fields, Shelter Woods, Ormond, Mother's Dwelling, and Blood Lodge that all suck for Myers for how open and big they are. The recent map reworks haven't done him any favors either. Chapel and Asylum got brightened up a ton so Myers sticks out more. Gideon Meat Plant used to be really good for EW1 gameplay but it got brightened, opened up, and made tons safer so now it sucks.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I guess he's fine I just don't play him as much because I don't like stalking to gain more speed. Idk I probably need to play him more to try to get better.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

He desperately needs a rework, the game keeps evolving and he gets even more outdated. He's fun to play even though he's quite weak

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495
    edited March 2021

I feel that the memorial flower should be basekit at least

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

IMO he is currently the weakest killer in the game. Also his power is basic and doesn't feel fun anymore, since you can just play Ghostface and get the same experience but better. I would like BHVR to fully rework him, just like they did with Freddy, giving him more of a personality while making him viable as well.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

He is very weak. Against a SWF team or even competent solos he doesn’t stand a chance.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited March 2021

He's frustrating for both sides, but weak in general/at base. Overall I think he needs a rework.

A stronger, less RNG heavy base power and an add-on overhaul a well as more reliable counterplay would be my suggestion. Less extremes on both sides of high and low. He definitely needs help but his power design is so unhealthy and snowbally you need to be careful with it. Details below if you care:

His power isn't great usually, but the only counterplay is hope the map RNG likes you and your teammates can look around. 2 things you don't really have control over. Popping the 99% on a survivor with essentially no warning (TR) is pretty frustrating, especially because he most likely got it from someone else. It just feels extra bad to be punished much harder than normal for your teammate's misplay. Again, more stuff you don't usually have control over.

If he gets 1 good T3 off the game could be over right then and there with things like infectious and his passive buffs. If he only downs 1 person it was basically wasted, especially considering each survivor only ha a limited amount of stalk in them. The stalk limit should probably be removed. He's way too snowball reliant.

His stealth is also always active outside of T3. Just slap on Monitor and boom, 8 meter TR (witch is essentially nothing) and even at default is just 16. He also has his rabbit add-on. Combined with his non-standard TR, he gets the jump on people pretty easily (depending on RNG). This also makes him a soft counter to BT so if he wants to camp he's doing it and GL.

If he camps in T3 then it last so long the person on hook is most likely going to make it to stage 2 from full. EW3 last 60 seconds at base and each stage of the hook is also 60 seconds. Add in duration and it gets silly fast. Each tier of duration is +10 seconds (brown 10, yellow 20). So a purple alone will be 40 seconds added on, and those can be stacked. Not saying camping isn't a strat or anything, he just camps very well compared to the normal killer.

The things in the above 4 paragraphs make him frustrating for both sides. Either he snowballs and survivors feel like there wasn't much you could do because of the teammates, map, his stealth, chase buffs ect., or he waste his T3 or time getting to T3 and the Myer player feels like there wasn't much they could do. Both sides have valid reasons to feel this way in a lot of situations. Myers on Lery's? Yeah good luck to the survivors. Myers on the red forest maps? You can see him coming a mile away.

The add-ons also have way too much sway in them as to how well he preforms. Without them he's meh usually but with them his power shoot up a lot. But the downsides also feel pretty bad when you're playing him.

I think he's a little underrated. Although not good mind you, he's pretty bad, just not as bad as people make it out to be. I think Ghostface is weaker, but they're both bad and need buffs/updates.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I still have fun with the tier 1 mirror, but I can immediately think of one improvement:

-With a tomestone add-on active, have the ability to grab and kill survivors straight out of a locker. He could pin them up inside the locker with his knife, observe with a slight head turn, then reclaim his weapon.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    edited March 2021

It saddens me to say it as Myers was my main ages ago now but he’s just completely outclassed by Oni. You could argue that it’s easier to prevent the Oni from getting his power but here’s the thing, Myers is so slow in tier 1 that he could lose multiple gens before he hits tier 2 if the survivors are running spine chill and play competently. Not to mention that even when he gets into tier 3, he’s still way less threatening then the Oni. I dunno how Myers could be ‘fixed’ without needing a complete rework but perhaps the Devs will think of something. Or they’ll just give him minor buffs to make him slightly more tolerable to play and then nerf his add-ons and call it a day. This is Behaviour we’re talking about.

• He is outdated (explain why).

He is definitely an outdated killer in the sense that if he was released today as a weaker M1 killer with that can just allow a survivor to be killed then and there, uproar would ensue. Hes not really a priority to be changed tho and people can find him fun so its not that important.

• OMagic_ManO

I was planning on putting more pulls but I accidentally submitted early, i'm not talking about add ons rn or anything to enhance him like other killers, talking of his kit, does it feel up to date with the current game?

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Just think about how long it takes for Myers to get going in a match. He’s so slow in tier 1 and it takes a bit to level up if survivors are attentive.

Also, just think about other killers that start off slow and get their power which is meant to be very scary. There’s Oni who can zoom across the whole map and Plague that has an insane ranged attack. Myers just has insta downs but is still an M1 killer. He can vault windows faster in tier 3 but it’s not really that convincing.

• OMagic_ManO

He has a little bit of a longer lunge range, you can still just deny him by holding W into a strong pallet loop.

• FFirebrandd

His kit works just fine in the current game assuming he doesn't get a map that actively works against it. If he does get a bad map, he's basically a bad Oni.

• OMagic_ManO

Issue is that he shouldn't be comparable to any Killer, he should be unique to himself.

• FFirebrandd

And he is.

EW1 is the only undetectable state that you can attack in and stays after landing a blow. No other stealth killer can do that. No other 115% Killer has a 16m Terror Radius at base with several options to make it even smaller. The only part of Myers that has an easy comparison to another killer is EW3 and Oni's Blood Fury. In all honesty, Blood Fury should be stronger than EW3 because that's all Oni's got.

Myer's issues arise on maps where he cannot leverage either EW1 being undetectable or EW2 having a tiny Terror Radius. When all he's got left to work with is snowballing with EW3, he can easily fall apart. That's why I'm neither saying he's outdated nor that he's fine. On some maps he's fine, unique, and strong. Other maps rob him of his strengths and he's a bad version of Oni.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Remove stalk limit and bring back multi-stalk.

His point is supposed to be finding the weakest link and using them to take down the better players.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789

I wouldn't call him outdated; his power is still in line with other more modern killers like Oni. I do think he could use some base kit buffs and some add-on changes, though.

• kickasskiel
    kickasskiel Member Posts: 89

Michael main on console, find him completely fine as is, currently doing a no perk/addons or offering challenge with him. Can be hard but finally on a 5 streak and going to keep going have a bet with a friend to hit 10 minimum. ( Btw im in red ranks 1 ).

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

I like his power but he seems kinda outclassed by Bubba. Maybe he could use a slightly bigger lunge and faster vault speed for T3. Oh and we need multistalk back. Maybe a slight addon rework too.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Ghost Face but bad.

That's seriously it.

• kickasskiel

He already has bigger lunge and faster vault in tier 3!

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Ik, but I mean slightly more for both.

Actually, maybe slightly more for just the lunge. The vault speed is fine.

• kickasskiel

He walks faster, vaults faster and lunges further in tier 3 there is no change needed.

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622

As a person that playing on killers without any add-on and perkless since 2021, he's one of the most weakest killer basically. Even perkless trapper is scarier to go against. Especially if he's playing around basement or defending last 3 gens (patch 4.5.2). Let's not discuss about trickster here...

The first weird thing about Mikey's power is that it has LIMITS. You can't stalk survivors forever. For each survivor, you can stalk from him around 2,05 tiers...

------------------------------------------------------------- Information from -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Each Tier of Evil Within, by default, requires The Shape to acquire 5 Stalk points.
      • This is achieved by stalking Survivors.
    • Each Trial features a reservoir of 40.4 Stalk points (referred to as "Evil"), which are evenly distributed across all Survivors.
      • This means that in the regular 4-Survivor Trials, The Shape can stalk each Survivor for a maximum of 10.1 Stalk points.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since that survivors can not sabotage bear traps, he's only the one killer that has limited power. Even the Pig still has ambush ability if she ran out of her traps.

GF has similar mechanic and it's not limited.

Secondly, the Shape is a pure M1 killer in the game.

The Evil Within 3 makes survivors be exposed for a 60 seconds (at the basekit). Yes, he's lunge range is slightly increased. TBH, I just noticed it by reading Fandom instead from the gameplay on him cause it's not so visible.

But his vaulting speed is increased too which is have a pretty useful impact in chases.

The Evil Within 2 makes the killer M1 killer. Only that he has is slightly reduced TR (Terror Radius) and slightly speed buff for vaulting action that feels not so impactful than on tier 3.

The Evil Within 1 makes Myers moving slow but he lacks of TR.

If we look to GF, the Ghost Face is:

• faster than tier 1 Myers (he has 4,2 m/s while has the Evil Within 1). GF has 4.6 m/s no matter if he used his ability to lose his TR.
    • can crouch allowing him to be more sneaky or using it in shorts loops.
    • can stalks multiple survivors while Myers can stalk only one that is closer to him
    • Like I said before, GF's power is unlimited than the Shape's
    • can use his sneaky ability. Michael can only use it in early game
    • GF hasn't any penalty about stalking action like Myers has:

"The rate at which stalking drains Stalk points from a Survivor depends on the distance between them and The Shape: the closer; the faster"

0.8333 SP/s @ 100 % efficiency (when close) to 0.08333 SP/s @ 10 % efficiency (when far away).The Stalk rate to distance ratio appears to be linear, meaning that at a distance of 50 %The Shape will stalk Survivors at 50 % efficiency.

The last thing that I want to say is that his stalk bar can be buggy.

Sometimes, if you're stalking the survivor for a long time, some progress of it will probably regress. Like, if you're stalking from 10% to 99%, it goes down to around 80-85%.

Sometimes, when u want to 99%, the tier 3 can be activated even if you didn't stalk to 100%.

And for the bonus thing, the mori add-ons are so frustrating. Especially piece of the Tombstone (very rare add-on). It allows you to kill 1 survivor so early. This one and Tombstone (Ultra rare add-on) need some tweaks.

What the changes make him to be not outdated?

Some years ago, I read an idea on this forum that it will be so good if Myers can switch his tier 3 to tier 1 and, of course, tier 1 to tier 3 too when he reached the Evil Within 3 from tier 2. The mechanic of changing can be like the old Doctor M2 swapping modes. This small thing can make Myers more powerful and scarier to go against. Like, in the Halloween movie. Just Imagine: he sneaked to you and then starting to slowly wind up his knife.

Damn, It will be so cool!

• OMagic_ManO

Very minimal buffs that can be looped like any other m1 killer, Sprint Burst can negate him pretty good.

• OMagic_ManO

I've hit red ranks as Killer on console (and mobile but we don't talk about that), Survivors play the same in red ranks as they do yellow or green, even rank 20's, the only exception is red rank carried SWFs who coordinate with crutch perks and communication, solo wise, no skill gap difference, SWFs are just naturally in a good spot cause they have that chance to be verbal and make call outs.

• kickasskiel

Which is why you wait before making an attack, a good killer can tell the sprint bursters and dead hard players when in chase.

• kickasskiel

Agree that swfs on comms can be a pain but in all said some of them were swfs who even burnt specific map offerings.

• DrNick
    DrNick Member Posts: 53

Would be nice if his Radius got smaller on Tier 2 and Bigger on Tier 3 that he can be more himself like in the movies. And they should update his Prestige Skin it looks like Tomato insides on his overall or he is just a very bad Car Painter.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Has no map pressure outside of just slugging which any killer can do, don't get me wrong his tier 3 can be snowball pretty well but i'd argue his snowball isnt even that good compared to like half the roster. His early game is probably the worst in the entire game and its not even that close. He also has a complete lack of anti looping powers even in tier 3 his extra vault speed really doesn't help that much. All those things just add up to make a remarkably meh killer in desperate need of a rework.

• simpforfelix
    simpforfelix Member Posts: 66

mike is really really good imo, i wouldn't care if they changed him (for the better) because im a mike main but ya the ability to insta down people is really really good imo

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited April 2021

He can reliably snowball in pub games against pretty much anyone below 5k average hours, assuming you make no strategic mistakes. That's the only killer I had over 95% lethality with at some point.

Playing against comp teams will most likely result in 0 or 1 hook per match, though. He becomes exponentially weaker against stronger and more coordinated players.

• OMagic_ManO

That's my personal issue despite maining him, tough stuff.

• OMagic_ManO

It's easier for Ghostface to do that, and it's at 60 seconds, I get your point and i'm not gonna disagree or try to change it, but keep in mind that there's the opinion often thrown is "this killer is just a worse version of this killer".

Not saying Myers is weaker in any form, but the argument is often there.

• simpforfelix
    simpforfelix Member Posts: 66

i like myers better personally because you expose everyone at once which can be helpful at times, usually ghostface can only expose one person at a time maybe two if hes lucky, also mega lunge, also actual good add ons, also he actually just looks cooler

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Id make him multi stalk capable and no stalk cap on single survivors. That would be enough of a buff for him